Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

CAC 3 Gold: Forget-Me-Not

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [American Greetings CreateaCard] >> General Functionality >> CAC 3 Gold: Forget-Me-Not Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CAC 3 Gold: Forget-Me-Not - 11/17/2011 7:02:05 AM   
tiggervr

I have used this program for years, but now I have Windows 7 64 bit and it will not install due to the 16bit issue. What I am really interested in is the Forget Me Not aspect of the program. Do you know if the AGREMIND,exe will work on Win 7? If not, can you point me to a program that will run on Windows 7 64 bit that does support the forget me not data files? I would really appreciate your help as I am really missing those reminders of special dates. Thanks!

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 2/1/2012 9:54:49 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: CAC 3 Gold: Forget-Me-Not - 11/17/2011 1:07:30 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi tiggervr,

I'm afraid you are pretty much out of luck.

Even though CAC 6 and CAC 8 offer the Agremind.exe file, it does not work for me on a 64-bit version of Windows 7.

And, since CAC 6 and CAC 8 do not use the same Forget Me Not files as does CAC 3, the only way to use your CAC 3 data would be to export that data from CAC 3 as either a *.txt file or a *.csv file then import that data into CAC 6 or CAC 8. However, as far as I can tell, there is no way to export the data from CAC 3.

The best you can hope for would be to print the information from the Address Book then manually enter that data into another program which offers reminders. However, since the only program I use which offers Reminders is the Yahoo.com calendar (which actually sends emails as reminders), I am not familiar with any Broderbund/Encore software which offers Reminders that will always work on a 64-bit version of Windows 7.

If you no longer have access to your old CAC 3 program, you could send your CAC 3 Forget Me Not files to me - FMNOT32.dat & FMNOT32.bak - then I could attempt to create a *.pdf, which I could send back to you for printing.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 2/1/2012 9:54:56 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to [email protected]

(in reply to tiggervr)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [American Greetings CreateaCard] >> General Functionality >> CAC 3 Gold: Forget-Me-Not Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4