Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Hoyle bucks

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Games] >> [Hoyle®] >> Hoyle Card Games 2005 >> Hoyle bucks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hoyle bucks - 12/2/2011 7:53:53 PM   
bamamichael

I have purchased a new laptop and have installed Hoyle Card Games 2005 on the new computer and it works fine. I would like to install the scores that are on my old computer but can not find where the game stores them. Both computers are running Windows 7 and I have several million of points that I,m missing. I know this is no big deal but it took several years to get that many points (bucks) Thanks for any help you can give me. Bamamichael
Post #: 1
RE: Hoyle bucks - 12/4/2011 9:44:44 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi bamamichael,

If restoring the Hoyle Bucks in Hoyle Card Games 2005 works in the same manner as it does in the newer versions of Hoyle Card Games, there is ONLY ONE WAY to successfully restore the Hoyle Bucks & personal settings - you must find the Hoyle folders on the old computer then copy those Hoyle folders and ALL of the files in those folders into the same folders on the new computer. You CANNOT selectively restore the Hoyle Bucks by modifying the Hoyle files in the Hoyle folders.

Then, after the Hoyle folders are copied to the new computer, you must create a username which is identical to the username that was used on the old computer.

As to where you said this:

"I know that with Windows XP you could search for files that had been modified easly but it is harder in Window 7 or I haven't figured out how to do the search."

It is not clear to me why you would mention searching for files that had been modified easily - because the only thing you should be searching for are the Hoyle folders. Since the Hoyle Bucks information in the Hoyle files is always updated every time the game is played, only the most recent Hoyle Bucks scores can be restored.

To perform a search on a Windows 7 computer, you would do this:

1. Open Windows Explorer.

2. Click on the drive letter that you want to search.

3. Type the search word into the Search box in the upper right hand corner of the Windows Explorer window.

4. Press Enter to start the search.

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com
Post #: 2
RE: Hoyle bucks - 12/5/2011 12:41:38 AM   
Brandy redux

Hi again bamamichael,

As a test, I decided to see if any changes would be made to the Hoyle Bucks for my Hoyle Card Games 2005 when I won a game in my Hoyle Card Games 2008/Classic. And, I discovered that when the Hoyle Bucks changed in Hoyle Card Games 2008/Classic, the Hoyle Bucks did not change in Hoyle Bucks 2005.

What that tells me is that Hoyle Bucks in Hoyle Card Games 2005 does not work in the same manner as it does in the newer versions of Hoyle Card Games - possibly because Hoyle Card Games 2005 was originally released by Sierra.

So, if it is at all possible to restore the Hoyle Bucks for Hoyle Card Games 2005 on your new Windows 7 computer, the only person I'm aware of who would be likely to know how it's done is TMLFAN4LIFE. So, you might want to contact TMLFAN4LIFE at jasonmcarver@surewest.net

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 3
RE: Hoyle bucks - 12/16/2011 9:03:12 AM   
JasonC

quote:

ORIGINAL: bamamichael

I have purchased a new laptop and have installed Hoyle Card Games 2005 on the new computer and it works fine. I would like to install the scores that are on my old computer but can not find where the game stores them. Both computers are running Windows 7 and I have several million of points that I,m missing. I know this is no big deal but it took several years to get that many points (bucks) Thanks for any help you can give me. Bamamichael

The user name is saved to the Hoyle Card Games 2005 folder. It should be a .prf file and another file that has a key icon - where it claims its a "pics rule" file but its actually a key file associated with your name.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 7/17/2012 11:21:09 PM >

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to bamamichael)
Post #: 4
RE: Hoyle bucks - 1/17/2012 10:05:19 AM   
bamamichael

I want to thank you for all your help...... I was able to finally find where the scores were stored and was able to transfer the scores to my new computer. This is where I found it..... C: users, Michael, AppData, Local, VirtualStore, ProgramFiles (x86), Sierra, Hoyle Card Games 2005 And that is where the scores were saved. Again Thank You for any and all help. bamamichael

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Games] >> [Hoyle®] >> Hoyle Card Games 2005 >> Hoyle bucks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4