Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Installing Math Advantage 2004 on WinXP

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Education Software] >> [Advantage Series] >> Math Advantage >> Installing Math Advantage 2004 on WinXP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Installing Math Advantage 2004 on WinXP - 1/8/2012 5:05:03 PM   
verlando

Having purchased the bundle of Math Advantage CDs a few years ago, we found ourselves needing them as our daughter has gotten into a geometry class. I tried to install it in our XP Home laptop and received a couple of errors and that install was not successful. One, I have a newer version of Apple software on the laptop and it appears to want me to uninstall that version in favor of the older version on the CD. Two, it couldn't find the path c:\documents and users\ etc even though as I looked through my computer, saw that the path was there okay. Granted, older version of the math but the math hasn't changed and the version IS supposed to be XP compatible.

Any pointers on getting this installed would be greatly appreciated. TIA

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 4/21/2012 8:48:21 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Installing Math Advantage 2004 on WinXP - 1/8/2012 7:39:20 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi verlando,

Even though the Minimum System Requirements for Math Advantage 2004 lists WinXP as a compatible Operating System, Math Advantage 2004 was originally designed for Win98. And, it has been known for some time that some versions of Math Advantage which were released after WinXP was released (2001) are not completely compatible with WinXP.

So, there are several things that you will want to keep in mind about Math Advantage 2004.

1. The CD must be in the drive to run the program. If you are ever instructed to insert the Math Advantage 2003, please ignore that message, then insert the Math Advantage 2004 CD.

2. If you receive an error message which instructs you to uninstall QuickTime’s newer version

please ignore that error message and simply click on 'OK'.

Then, go to your 'Start' button, select 'All programs', and launch program from there.

The older version of QuickTime will not overwrite the newer version.

3. If you receive an error message which says this:

“The path ‘c:\DocumentsandSettings\allusers\startmenu\programs\mathadvantage\’ does not exist or is not in the directory.”

please click on “OK” and continue with the program as usual. This error will NOT interfere with the use of this program - because this error is a simple system conflict with the NTFS file structure found in Windows XP.

4. If you receive an error message which says this:

"Installer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience,"

you will need to install the program through the Program Compatibility Wizard, which can help XP run programs developed under previous versions of Windows.

Please click on the link below

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=24204&mpage=1&key=%E5%BA%8C

then follow the directions for installing the program in Windows 98 Compatibility mode.

5. Math Advantage 2004 cannot be installed on any drive other than the C:\ drive.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 4/21/2012 8:48:32 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to verlando)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Education Software] >> [Advantage Series] >> Math Advantage >> Installing Math Advantage 2004 on WinXP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4