Anytime you open a calendar layout which is originally designed in Portrait orientation, then attempt to print that calendar in Landscape orientation, you must create a Custom View, as is described below:
1. Open the Calendar Creator project for which you want to create the Custom View.
NOTE: To use these instructions for creating a template, open a 'Basic Calendar'.
2. Select 'Calendar' in the menu bar, then select 'Calendar Properties' from the menu that drops down.
The 'Calendar Properties' dialog box will appear.
3. On the 'Calendar Style' tab, enter the desired 'Calendar Name', then select a QuickStyle from the 'Calendar Quick Styles' drop-down menu.
4. Click on the 'Calendar Views' tab.
5. Select the desired Calendar View (e.g., to create a monthly calendar, select 'Month').
6. Click on the 'Add' button.
The 'View Properties' dialog box will appear.
7. In the 'Name': field, enter a unique layout name for the calendar view.
8. When the 'View Properties' dialog box opens, complete the following as desired:
• Click on the down arrow next to the 'Type' box then select the desired Type.
• Set the Height and Width of the custom view.
For example: Landscape will require a Width of 1100 and a Height of 850 for 8.5 x 11 inch paper.
• If desired, click the 'Facing Pictures' tab then click either 'Art Gallery' or 'Browse' to add an image to the custom view.
9. Click on 'OK' to close the window.
The 'Calendar Properties' window will return.
The name created in Step 7 will be listed on the Calendar Views tab of the Calendar Properties window.
10. Click on 'OK' - to close the Calendar Properties window and save the custom settings.
11. Select 'View' in the menu bar, select 'Show Calendar' from the menu that drops down, then click on the name that was created in Step 7 above.
12. Select 'File' in the menu bar, then select 'Page Setup' from the menu that drops down.
13. When the 'Page Setup' window opens, click on the 'Paper Size' tab.
14. In the 'Page Orientation' section, click in the circle next to 'Landscape'.
15. Click 'Save' to save the changes, then click 'OK' to exit the page setup.
NOTE: To use these instructions for creating a template, open a Basic Calendar. Then, when finished with all of the steps above, save the calendar project to the hard drive.
To create a new calendar based on this template, open this file using 'Open Collection' from the 'File' menu, then choose 'Save Collection As' from the 'File' menu to save the calendar with a different name.
< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 7/1/2012 12:07:23 PM >
For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page
To contact me by email, please send your message to firstname.lastname@example.org