Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

How to make the day cells as large as possible

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> How to make the day cells as large as possible Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to make the day cells as large as possible - 2/2/2012 9:20:18 AM   
lesliedfrench

I'm brand new to this and don't really care about graphics. I just want the calendar to be as large as possible as I'm listing all the months activities at the church I work for. Any idea how to increase the size of the actual calendar space (i'd love for it to be nearly the full 8 1/2 x 11) Thanks!

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 4/18/2012 9:23:28 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: How to make the day cells as large as possible - 2/2/2012 12:20:51 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi lesliedfrench,

As can be seen in the image at the bottom of this message, it is possible to make the actual calendar space nearly the full 8 1/2 x 11. However, it is very important to keep in mind that all printers (even borderless printers) have unprintable margin areas. And, any text or graphics that is placed in that unprintable margin area will not print. So, if you are not planning to use a borderless printer, you might want to check your printer documentation to determine the size of the unprintable margin areas on all four sides of the paper. With some printers, the unprintable margin area is the same for all 4 sides. But, with some printers, each of the 4 margin areas can be a different size.

To enlarge the calendar space, you would do this:

1. Click on 'Select 'Start with a Basic Calendar', then click on the 'Finish' button.

2. When the calendar opens, click on the down arrow next to the 'Month with Tasks' box, then select 'Month' in the menu that drops down.

3. If you want the margins around the edge of the calendar to be smaller than 1/2 inch AND if you know the unprintable margin area for your printer is less than 1/2 inch, click on 'File' in the menu bar, then select 'Page Setup' in the menu that drops down.

4. When the 'Page Setup' window opens, click on the 'Margins' tab. Set each of the margins to match the unprintable margin area for the printer, then click on 'OK' to return to the calendar workspace.

NOTE: If you want to print your calendar project without margins, you must use a BORDERLESS printer, with the Borderless printer option activated and one of the glossy paper settings selected - because, even though you don't have to print on glossy paper, most borderless printers will not permit you to activate the borderless option unless one of the glossy paper options is selected.

5. If you don't want to keep the 'Monthly Planner' text, right click on that text, then select 'Delete' from the menu that drops down.

6. Right click on the Month and Year, then select 'Set Moveable' in the menu that drops down. Then, move the Month and Year text to the desired location.

7. Click anywhere in the calendar grid.

8. Hover your mouse cursor over the yellow box that appears just above the word 'Wednesday'. When the mouse cursor changes to a double-headed arrow, click and drag upward - to fill the empty space below the Month and Year.

And, that's pretty much all there is to it.

If you would like to create a calendar in Landscape format, you will need to create a Custom Landscape View. Please click on the link below

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=44374

to view the directions for creating a Custom Landscape View.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 5/4/2012 1:28:19 AM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to lesliedfrench)
Post #: 2
RE: Calendar Size - 2/2/2012 1:42:49 PM   
Brandy redux

One additional thought lesliedfrench,

As can be seen in my calendar above, I deleted both the 'Monthly Planner' text and the 'Month and Year' text, then used the Add | Text option to add the text for the Month and Year to the space which is normally reserved for the small calendars. And, since I prefer the text for the month to be larger than the text for the year, I use 2 text boxes. Since the space for the monthly calendars is often in a different location every month, it is necessary for me to create text boxes for the Month and Year on each month of the calendar.

However, it is possible to set the Month and the Year to repeat every year. So, when the next year rolls around, all you would have to do is to move the Month and Year into the proper space.

As for me, since I want to make sure that I never lose my events as a result of a corrupt project file, I always save my calendar with a different name for each year, then use that *.bcc file until the next year.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 2/2/2012 1:43:44 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> How to make the day cells as large as possible Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4