Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Envelope printing in Ultimate Mail Manager

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Printing Specific Issues >> Envelope printing in Ultimate Mail Manager Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Envelope printing in Ultimate Mail Manager - 2/26/2012 8:49:19 AM   
Traveling_Man

I have Print Shop 23.1 that has the Ultimate Mail Manager included. When I try to print envelopes in the vertical position, nothing happens. It will print in the horizonal position, but I am using 9 inch envelopes and they will not fit in printer that way. Has anyone else had this problem? From the picture, if I select any of the three envelops on the bottom, they will not print.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Envelope printing in Ultimate Mail Manager - 2/26/2012 11:47:53 AM   
Brandy redux

Hi Traveling_Man,

Sometimes it is necessary to select the opposite envelope feed. So, if you haven't already tried the LEFT option, you might want to do so.

If selecting the LEFT option doesn't work, put a sheet of 8.5" x 11" paper into the Paper Feed, then print the envelope - just to see exactly where the envelope prints.

If the envelope prints in a position that is not workable, your problem might be the result of a corrupt or outdated printer driver - because ALL print jobs in Broderbund programs are ALWAYS controlled by the printer driver for the printer that is selected in Print Setup.

So, you might want to go to the printer manufacturer's web site to download and install the most current printer driver for both your Operating System and the version of the Operating System (32-bit or 64-bit). If you don't know which version you are using, go to 'Control Panel', select 'System', then look for something which says either '32-bit Operating System' or '64-bit Operating System'. If you are using WinXP and you don't see any mention of either 32-bit or 64-bit, that would indicate that you are using a 32-bit Operating System.

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to Traveling_Man)
Post #: 2
RE: Envelope printing in Ultimate Mail Manager - 2/26/2012 2:42:45 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi again Traveling_Man,

When I attempted to print a #10 envelope with UMM on my PS 23.1 (on a 64-bit version of Windows 7), I discovered that I was not able to do so - because, after I clicked on NEXT after selecting the envelope size on which I wanted to print, I received the error message which is displayed in the image at the bottom of this message. Then, absolutely nothing happened after I clicked on 'Finish' to print the envelope.

Since the UMM program in PS 23.1 is the exact same version of UMM which has been used in ALL older versions of Print Shop, and since that error message references a *.wmf file, and since *.wmf files are not always accessible on 64-bit Operating Systems, if you are also using a 64-bit Operating System, you might want to consider creating a mail merge project in PS 23.1, then printing your envelopes by way of that mail merge project.

Please click on the link below

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=24683&mpage=1&key=

to view the recommended procedure for creating a mail merge project.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 2/27/2012 12:09:37 AM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Printing Specific Issues >> Envelope printing in Ultimate Mail Manager Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4