Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Error getting into my American Greetings CreataCard

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [American Greetings CreateaCard] >> General Functionality >> Error getting into my American Greetings CreataCard Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Error getting into my American Greetings CreataCard - 3/7/2013 9:09:12 AM   
kyrace

I have been enjoying my American Greetings CreataCard program for years now. I have downloaded this CD onto all my computer's whenever I have upgraded. I have been using these programs right along for about a year now, I got an error msg today that say's "There was a problem sending the command to the program" and I can not open the program. I have tried uninstalling the programs and reinstalling them but am still getting the same error msg. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it. I have address labels and business card's that I created from the CreataCard programs and can no longer get into them to print. Thanking you in advance for any help.
Post #: 1
RE: Error getting into my American Greetings CreataCard - 3/7/2013 9:47:55 AM   
lindarobin

I'm afraid you've come to the end where this program simply will no longer work with your current OS and its most recent automatic updates. If you've kept an old computer around, you can still run it on that.

(in reply to kyrace)
Post #: 2
RE: Error getting into my American Greetings CreataCard - 3/7/2013 10:37:55 AM   
FixitMAD

What version of American Greeting CreataCard do you have? What version of Windows are you using? Have you tried the right-click the CreataCard icon and going down to Properties. Once Properties pops up, go to the Tab called Compatibility. Have you tried to set the Compatibility Mode to Windows XP or Windows 98 or something?

--
FixitMAD

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 3
RE: Error getting into my American Greetings CreataCard - 3/7/2013 11:02:23 AM   
FixitMAD

I forgot to mention that if you are under the Windows 7 OS, you can still use the old version of American Greeting CreatCard by using a free program called Windows XP Emulator. This will create a virtual XP environment for your PC. The Windows XP emulator is available free from Microsoft for you to download from here: https://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/

Here are the instructions from Microsoft on how to get this:

Download and install Windows XP Mode at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

Step 1: Download Windows XP Mode
Step 2: Download Windows Virtual PC
Step 3: Update Windows XP Mode

< Message edited by FixitMAD -- 3/7/2013 11:10:26 AM >

--
FixitMAD

(in reply to FixitMAD)
Post #: 4
RE: Error getting into my American Greetings CreataCard - 3/7/2013 12:31:51 PM   
CrystalE

quote:

I forgot to mention that if you are under the Windows 7 OS, you can still use the old version of American Greeting CreatCard by using a free program called Windows XP Emulator.

If you are using CAC 6 or CAC 8, there should be no need to use an emulator, because both of those versions can be successfully installed on even a 64-bit version of Windows 7, as can be seen here

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=39065

and here

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=38777

And, it should also be possible to successfully install either CAC 6 or CAC 8 on Windows 8.

With CAC 6 and CAC 8, the "There was a problem sending the command to the program" normally occurs only when attempting to open a saved CAC project file by double-clicking on that project file. The recommended solution for working around that problem is to open CAC then open the document from within the program.

< Message edited by CrystalE -- 3/7/2013 12:32:07 PM >

(in reply to FixitMAD)
Post #: 5
RE: Error getting into my American Greetings CreataCard - 3/8/2013 8:07:32 AM   
JasonC

I found this error with a similar program this morning where it could not send a command to the program. If you are using a project file, that is associated with Calendar Creator and you try to double click it to open the Calendar Creator Program rather then use the shortcut itself you might get that error.

The workaround is to right click on the Calendar Creator Shortcut and select Run As Adminstrator and it will work again. It usually has to do with insufficient program access.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to kyrace)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [American Greetings CreateaCard] >> General Functionality >> Error getting into my American Greetings CreataCard Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4