Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Printing a partial sheet of labels - Win 8.1

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> Printing a partial sheet of labels - Win 8.1 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Printing a partial sheet of labels - Win 8.1 - 12/17/2013 3:32:19 PM   
ehutchi

I had Print Shop 23 and just got Print Shop 3.5. I want to start printing in the meddle of the label sheet say I have already used 5 or 6 out of 20. I could do this in Print Shop 23. I click on print here and it says Label sheet range and then starting position. I click on 12 say...no matter where I click it starts at the top of the page.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 8/12/2014 9:57:09 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Printing a sheet of labels - 12/17/2013 4:27:22 PM   
ellengard

It works fine for me on Win 7. Do you have Win 7 or 8?

(in reply to ehutchi)
Post #: 2
RE: Printing a sheet of labels - 12/17/2013 4:31:41 PM   
ehutchi

Windows 8 in fact it just upgraded itself to Windows 8.1 and until then I was using Print Shop 23 and it was fine...after the upgrade I cudn't use it anymore so had to buy a new Print Shop

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: Printing a sheet of labels - 12/17/2013 6:57:04 PM   
ehutchi

Okay I just noticed that it does work if you select One Contact per sheet but not when you select One contact per item....that's just wrong. And if you select one contact per sheet it will repeat to the end of the sheet even if you have unchecked Repeat Contacts to End. This all renders the program pretty useless to me unless someone can tell me how to fix this. In other words if I start a sheet of labels I have to start at the top and whatever I don't print on is wasted cuz I cannot get 'down' to it.

(in reply to ehutchi)
Post #: 4
RE: Printing a sheet of labels - 12/17/2013 8:24:55 PM   
ellengard

This may be an incompatibility with Win 8.1. Submit a tech support request from here:
http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/tech_support_frm.aspx?product_id=3256

Hopefully there is a tech fix.

(in reply to ehutchi)
Post #: 5
RE: Printing a sheet of labels - 2/13/2014 10:23:20 AM   
ehutchi

Just got a response from tech support that there are no known solutions to this problem....
Post #: 6
RE: Printing a sheet of labels - 2/13/2014 1:24:13 PM   
ellengard

I'm sorry there is no known solution. The problem is definitely limited to Win 8.1 as the select label range and number works correctly in Win 7.

That's a good workaround you came up with. So selecting one contact per sheet gets you to the desired starting position.

I was wondering if you can insert your partially used label sheet upside-down. That would have the effect of putting your labels back at position 1. Then maybe you can do the normal One Contact per Item and select a multiple number of labels instead of just one.
Post #: 7
RE: Printing a sheet of labels - 2/21/2014 8:21:21 AM   
ehutchi

Turning the label sheet around would only give me one more label I can print....in the OTHER top corner. Thanks. My workaround is okay just that I can only print one at a time but it's no biggie

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 8
RE: Printing a sheet of labels - 2/21/2014 8:26:41 AM   
ehutchi

Actually Ellengard, you are correct that I can print more than one label at a time if I turned the sheet around again....and then use my 'fix' to fill in the middle of the sheet with labels...heh

(in reply to ehutchi)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> Printing a partial sheet of labels - Win 8.1 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4