Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Cropped photos are blurry on the screen

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> Cropped photos are blurry on the screen Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cropped photos are blurry on the screen - 4/28/2014 10:31:16 AM   
PicturePerfect

Hi. I just downloaded this program yesterday and it's quite different than Print Shop 6 Professional that I had on my XP. In PS 6, I used to import a photo of a person and shape crop it and place it quickly in my project at my desired spot and it was clear. In this new version, ie. 3.5 professional, the process is more difficult and I end up with a blurred picture for my efforts. Here's what I do. Please let me know if I should do something differently. The import was easy enough to bring a photo into the My Photo section and it was clear. My first slowdown was that after I clicked "Crop to Shape", the Crop Shape appeared and I couldn't just drag it with the mouse to where I wanted it. I had to hover over the very small dots on the corner and try to get the double arrows to appear and then go back and forth to crop to the size I needed. After that, I click "Apply" and it looked fine (i.e. the crop worked and the picture was clear) but then I click "Save" and it goes into the My Photo section all blurry, which is a useless picture. I also had other memory issues that other people had but I re-sized them down and don't get those size issues again (funny I had no size issues at all with PS ver 6). What am I doing wrong? Here are some details. I have Win 7 Professional with 12 Gb mem 64 bit Service Pack 1, I've had Print Shop 2, PS 3 Prof and now PS 3.5 Prof (I've had blurry crops with all versions on this computer). The pictures I used are JPEG and were taken with my old digital camera and they usually are 2832 pixels wide and 2128 pixels high and 230 DPI. I also had problems with re-sized pictures measuring 1500 wide and 1127 high. I don't know if the picture size is the problem because I never had problems with pictures on my old XP computer with PS ver 6. Sorry for the long winded question, but I wanted to give enough details.

UPDATE: I just noticed something. I wanted to include a copy that shows the original and the cropped version, so I saved it as a JPEG and opened it up outside of PS 3.5 and it was clear. Go figure? I tried another test. I wanted to print both the original and blurry cropped picture while inside of PS 3.5 and it printed fine. Go Figure. So I guess my new question is: Why does it appear blurry inside of Print Shop and not on the saved JPEG or printed version?

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 8/12/2014 10:40:27 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Cropped photos are blurry - 4/28/2014 3:52:56 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: PicturePerfect
Why does it appear blurry inside of Print Shop and not on the saved JPEG or printed version?

If it's printing fine (and that's the important thing), but looks blurry on the screen, it could just be a video card issue. Maybe installing a newer driver will take care of it.

If you zoom in and out, or close the project and reopen it, does the blurriness disappear?

(in reply to PicturePerfect)
Post #: 2
RE: Cropped photos are blurry - 4/29/2014 7:39:27 AM   
PicturePerfect

Hi. I checked the drivers for the Display Adapter and the Monitor and they are both current. To your other question. If I bring the original uncropped picture into the project, it's clear both at that time and inside the photo editor and at different zoom amounts. So that's fine. If I bring the cropped picture into the project, it's blurry, even at higher and lower zoom amounts. If I bring that picture into the editor, then it's clear at that point, even at different zoom levels. So, I guess the main project screen is treating the picture differently than the editor screen. Anything else you can suggest for me to try? When you crop a photo and just get the head for example, and you apply it and you save it, does it stay clear for you? If it stays clear, how do you have your project settings?
thanks

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: Cropped photos are blurry - 4/29/2014 8:17:31 AM   
JasonC

quote:

Hi. I checked the drivers for the Display Adapter and the Monitor and they are both current. To your other question. If I bring the original uncropped picture into the project, it's clear both at that time and inside the photo editor and at different zoom amounts. So that's fine. If I bring the cropped picture into the project, it's blurry, even at higher and lower zoom amounts. If I bring that picture into the editor, then it's clear at that point, even at different zoom levels. So, I guess the main project screen is treating the picture differently than the editor screen. Anything else you can suggest for me to try? When you crop a photo and just get the head for example, and you apply it and you save it, does it stay clear for you? If it stays clear, how do you have your project settings?
thanks

Let's make something clear. Do you see anything on your version of Printshop that would indicate an update is available?

The behavior you describe, could be an affect of an older build of the Print Shop 3.5

You can check here : http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=47687 to see if your version displays this update message. If so , then go ahead and update your program and see if the behavior continues.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

Post #: 4
RE: Cropped photos are blurry - 4/29/2014 10:26:26 AM   
PicturePerfect

I read about that yesterday and I checked and it doesn't say anything about an update available. It just shows Smilebox with nothing under it. I checked my Version in the About screen and it says 3.5.3.0.

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 5
RE: Cropped photos are blurry - 4/29/2014 1:44:34 PM   
ellengard

quote:

... When you crop a photo and just get the head for example, and you apply it and you save it, does it stay clear for you?

I got the exact same results as you did. The cropped photo looks blurry, but it printed OK as did the original.

This must be a program bug. I will report it.

Post #: 6
RE: Cropped photos are blurry - 4/29/2014 11:50:10 PM   
PicturePerfect

Thank you for your fast response.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> Cropped photos are blurry on the screen Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4