Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

print partial sheet of business cards

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> print partial sheet of business cards Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
print partial sheet of business cards - 6/11/2014 2:37:52 PM   
KJ Heald

How do I print just 1 or 2 cards, not the entire page of 10. I've tried selecting the 'starting position' with number 8 (for example), 'number of items', 3, 'number of copies', 1. But it still prints all 10 cards. Please, can you explain what I should do? Thanks

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 8/12/2014 11:25:51 PM >

Karma J Heald
Post #: 1
RE: Business cards - 6/11/2014 3:35:12 PM   
ellengard

You are doing everything correctly, but your printer driver probably just needs to be updated. I tried two different printer drivers - one printed all 10 cards, the other printed cards 8, 9, 10.

(in reply to KJ Heald)
Post #: 2
RE: Business cards - 6/11/2014 6:43:07 PM   
KJ Heald

I also have a Hallmark Card software program, and I can currently print 1,2 or any number of cards starting from any position. But perhaps my printer drivers need updating to accommodate Print Shop. I will try to update them. Thank you for the suggestion.

Karma J Heald

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: Business cards - 6/11/2014 9:58:08 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: KJ Heald
... But perhaps my printer drivers need updating to accommodate Print Shop.

Yes, this is probably the case. Print Shop 3.5 is a fairly new, Win 8 compatible program.

(in reply to KJ Heald)
Post #: 4
RE: Business cards - 6/13/2014 4:35:09 PM   
KJ Heald

Drivers are all updated, but the problem still persists. Print Shop prints all 10 business cards instead of what I select. I also tried to create and print a page of 10 shipping labels, and it will only print one right in the middle of the page. I think I am going to return this software and shop for another.

(in reply to KJ Heald)
Post #: 5
RE: Business cards - 6/13/2014 5:17:53 PM   
KJ Heald

I have boxed up the Print Shop software, uninstalled it from my computer and will put it in the mail to return tomorrow.
Thanks,

(in reply to KJ Heald)
Post #: 6
RE: Business cards - 6/13/2014 5:29:21 PM   
ellengard

I'm sorry it's not working for you. A really good desktop publishing program is Serif PagePlus (sold on Broderbund.com). You can download the free limited version at serif.com to see if you like it enough to get the full version.

Also, here is a workaround you can try as a last resort. Print your business card/label project to the cutePDF printer. Free download here:
http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

Here is a screen capture of the resulting PDF. Hard to see on this screen capture, but the quality is excellent because cutePDF embedded the fonts. You'll have no trouble printing the PDF.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to KJ Heald)
Post #: 7
RE: Business cards - 6/13/2014 5:34:29 PM   
ellengard

Oh, darn, I'm too late. Just wanted to show you the PDF at 400% zoom.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to KJ Heald)
Post #: 8
RE: Business cards - 6/13/2014 6:38:51 PM   
KJ Heald

Thank you!! I will check out both.
(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> print partial sheet of business cards Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4