Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Print Shop 5.0

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> Print Shop 5.0 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Print Shop 5.0 - 10/1/2014 2:08:00 PM   
Norski

I was running Windows XP, 32bit and using Print Shop Premier Edition 5.0 V.5 on my old computer. Now I have a new computer with Windows 8.1, 64 bit and my Print Shop Premier Edition V.5 won't run because it's set for 32 bit. I love my Print Shop Premier Edition 5.0 V.5 and I have a large accumulation of files that I use often. Now I can't get to those files with this new computer or even down load the program. Is there a gppd Print Shop program that will run on my Windows 8.1 and still be able to access and print my Print Shop Premier Edition 5.0 V.5 files? Or can the old Print Shop Premier Edition 5.0 V.5 files be converted to run on a newer hood and reliable version for Windows 8.1? All pf the reviews I've been reading sounds like there isn't a Pring Shop program out there that's worth a darn, especially one of 64 bit. HELP! Please!

Donald Nelson
Post #: 1
RE: Print Shop 5.0 - 10/1/2014 3:26:37 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Norski
...Now I have a new computer with Windows 8.1, 64 bit and my Print Shop Premier Edition V.5 won't run because it's set for 32 bit... Is there a good Print Shop program that will run on my Windows 8.1 and still be able to access and print my Print Shop Premier Edition 5.0 V.5 files?

Unfortunately no, version 5 can't be made to run on Win 8.1. Version 5 is so old, that its projects can't be opened with Print Shop 3.5, the version that does run on Win 8.1.

Keep using your Win XP computer to run version 5. If version 5 has an export to JPG feature, you can start exporting all your projects as JPG (delete any text that you don't want to be part of the JPG, before you export).

Once you have your JPGs, you can import them into ANY graphics program on your new computer.

(in reply to Norski)
Post #: 2
RE: Print Shop 5.0 - 10/1/2014 8:48:05 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Norski
... All pf the reviews I've been reading sounds like there isn't a Print Shop program out there that's worth a darn, especially one of 64 bit.

I have created very nice projects with The Print Shop 3.5 and I have showcased them in The Print Shop Blog (click my link below). Most of the complaints I hear are from people who don't realize that it is a completely new program developed for Win 7 and Win 8. They assume it's just an updated version of the old program so they try to do everything "the same way", and they get frustrated. Sometimes it's easier to learn something new, when you look at it fresh without prior assumptions.

(in reply to Norski)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> Print Shop 5.0 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4