Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Error 0001e1fd

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Education Software] >> Oregon Trail >> Error 0001e1fd Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Error 0001e1fd - 10/10/2014 1:39:59 PM   
wolfdragon

Hello,

I have searched high and low and cannot find this anywhere. There seems to have been a patch for this error at one time, but all the links I can find are dead.

I try to launch OT5 and the screen goes black, then a windows message (send/don't send) comes up.
I go into Windows Event Viewer and find an application error with the following information.

Faulting application ot5.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module binkw32.dll, version 1.0.22.0, fault address 0x0001e1fd.

Unfortunately, I had to recently reimage the PC this was installed on due to a virus. If anyone knows how to get by this error, or has a patch that can be provided, my kids and myself will be greatly appreciative.

Thanks,
Tim
Post #: 1
RE: Error 0001e1fd - 10/10/2014 4:33:47 PM   
TMLFAN4LIFE

You may try the following link to obtain the patch : http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/kb.aspx?kb_id=322&product_id=2617

Please note, this is the only patch we have on the website. If it works , please let us know.

I tried clicking the link for the patch and the link is valid.

Jason Carver
Community Support at Encore Software

Please note that the forums are for functionality support only. Enter in your web browser http://support.encore.com for technical support relating to errors and crashes.

(in reply to wolfdragon)
Post #: 2
RE: Error 0001e1fd - 10/11/2014 5:30:17 AM   
wolfdragon

Thanks for the patch. Unfortunately, it did not help.
I still get the same process (click play, black screen, send/don't send error).

However, the message in the Windows Event Viewer is now different.

Faulting application ot5.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module ot5.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0007ab36.

I have scoured the web and am not able to find anything. The closest I can find is to roll back nvidia drivers, but I cannot roll back as they are the drivers that installed immediately upon installing a fresh XP image.

Any other thoughts?

(in reply to TMLFAN4LIFE)
Post #: 3
RE: Error 0001e1fd - 10/11/2014 8:32:59 AM   
TMLFAN4LIFE

I don't have experience in this program so I am unable to help. You may have to wait for someone on the forums that may have a solution. I know it's not the answer you wanted to hear but this is a very old program that's not supported anymore by technical support.

All of our troubleshooting articles for this particular game is located at : http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/product_detail.aspx?product_id=2617

Beyond this, there are other forums online as well that may be able to help as well.

Jason Carver
Community Support at Encore Software

Please note that the forums are for functionality support only. Enter in your web browser http://support.encore.com for technical support relating to errors and crashes.

(in reply to wolfdragon)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Education Software] >> Oregon Trail >> Error 0001e1fd Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4