Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Windows 10 compatabilty

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Family Lawyer >> Windows 10 compatabilty Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Windows 10 compatabilty - 8/26/2015 4:13:09 PM   
codger666

I just upgraded my computer to Windows 10. I can no longer get into Family Lawyer 10. A little window pops up asking for my password, but before I can enter it, I keep getting the message: "Lawyer has stopped working".

Is Family Lawyer 10 incompatible with Windows 10? or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

PS - When I right click the desktop icon, there is no option presented to "run as administrator".
Post #: 1
RE: Windows 10 compatabilty - 9/2/2015 3:34:40 PM   
TMLFAN4LIFE

Unfortunately this may be incompatible on this operating system.

You can try right clicking on the shortcut and select "Run as Administrator" or Right click the shortcut and select Properties. Click the Compatibility Tab and select "Run in Windows 7 Compatibility Mode"

Jason Carver
Community Support at Encore Software

Please note that the forums are for functionality support only. Enter in your web browser http://support.encore.com for technical support relating to errors and crashes.

(in reply to codger666)
Post #: 2
RE: Windows 10 compatabilty - 9/3/2015 6:01:34 PM   
codger666

Greetings Jason,

I tried running the program as an Administrator, and I tried all the compatibility settings. Still no luck.

It does appear that Family Lawyer 10 is not supported in Windows 10. After trying all my options, I followed the link to the Windows 10 compatibility checker, and it states that "Family Lawyer 10" is not supported.

Does Broderbund have any intentions of upgrading Family Lawyer 10 to be compatible with Windows 10? My original version I bought for an XP system. It worked fine on the XP system, but didn't work when not long a ago I bought a new computer using Windows 7. I've used it only twice since I bought it, for automotive bill of sale, and I was hoping to use it for several other features, like will writing, but now . . . . Did I waste my money?

Cheers,

Phil

(in reply to TMLFAN4LIFE)
Post #: 3
RE: Windows 10 compatabilty - 9/3/2015 9:56:48 PM   
TMLFAN4LIFE

Older programs designed for XP usually have issues on newer OS. As this title is very old as it is you can't use it properly on the newer operating systems. I regret to inform you that there will be no patches for this program.

Jason Carver

Please note that the forums are for functionality support only. Enter in your web browser http://support.encore.com for technical support relating to errors and crashes.

(in reply to codger666)
Post #: 4
RE: Windows 10 compatabilty - 9/3/2015 10:29:49 PM   
ellengard

Keep your XP computer to run your old programs. I have both my XP and Win7 computers side-by-side, sharing my monitor.

my desktop publishing tips
Print Shop guest blogger(2014-17)

(in reply to codger666)
Post #: 5
RE: Windows 10 compatabilty - 9/4/2015 7:14:50 PM   
codger666

I no longer have the XP computer.

Family Lawyer 10 was bought about 3 years ago. I don't consider that to be so old to now be considered obsolete.

Regardless, it appears I have wasted my money. Accordingly, since you don't support your products, I will not buy any other Broderbund software.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 6
RE: Windows 10 compatabilty - 9/4/2015 8:12:20 PM   
TMLFAN4LIFE

quote:

ORIGINAL: codger666

I no longer have the XP computer.

Family Lawyer 10 was bought about 3 years ago. I don't consider that to be so old to now be considered obsolete.

Regardless, it appears I have wasted my money. Accordingly, since you don't support your products, I will not buy any other Broderbund software.

I'm sorry that you feel we don't support our products because we do love our customers, and we are everyday users of software just like you are :) However just like Windows XP Support had ended (it had a good run for quite some time) our products are only supported for a certain amount of time. Once the product reaches a certain age it's no longer supported over the phone or through tech support.

These forums are the best way to get help for products that are outdated however. But not always a solution can be found on a product that's older on a new operating system. It's end user supported.

Jason Carver

(in reply to codger666)
Post #: 7
RE: Windows 10 compatabilty - 9/4/2015 9:17:07 PM   
ellengard

You may have to stop buying all affordable, home-use software! It's simply not possible for any company to make a program that will continue to work on operating system after operating system. How could anyone foresee what the next operating system will be BEFORE Microsoft creates it?

Adobe has come up with a solution... instead of selling updated versions of their products every 3-5 years, you pay a monthly subscription and always have the latest version. For people who would otherwise pay a thousand dollars for Photo Shop and Illustrator, a subscription of $20/month can be more affordable.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 9/4/2015 9:20:01 PM >

(in reply to codger666)
Post #: 8
RE: Windows 10 compatabilty - 9/4/2015 9:40:20 PM   
ellengard

Hmm, I actually don't see Family Lawyer on the Broderbund website anymore. It offers Quicken Legal Business Pro 2015 and Quicken WillMaker Plus 2015. Quicken produces Personal Finance and Money Management software. Broderbund also offers software by Serif and by Corel. If you plan on never buying Broderbund...

(in reply to codger666)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Family Lawyer >> Windows 10 compatabilty Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4