Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Failure to Initialize Player

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Games] >> IGT Slots Paradise Garden >> Failure to Initialize Player Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Failure to Initialize Player - 1/11/2016 3:05:19 PM   
karls

I installed Paradise Garden, started the program and an error pops up and then causes a crash after clicking OK.

The detail of the error message is:
(X) Failed to initialized player

Details:
DirectX9 GPU (Shader Model 2.0) is required.
Your GPU (NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400)
only supports Shader Model 0.0

I have a Gateway Profile 4 with:
Windows XP SP3
Pentium 4 CPU 2.66GHz
2.00 GB of RAM
DirectX 9.0c

I have download and installed the lastest video driver for this card from NVIDIA.

After researching, I have found that the Shader Model is hardware on the video card, which is not mention on your software package. My question is, since the video card is not upgradable, can this software be forced to use Shader Model 0.0 and how? If not then I wouldn't be very happy but to possible wait for years to get a new PC and hope that this game will work with that OS.

< Message edited by karls -- 1/11/2016 3:23:54 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Failure to Initialize Player - 1/12/2016 11:11:12 AM   
TMLFAN4LIFE

You're correct about the video card not working 100% with this game as there is no pixel shaders, vertex shaders embedded in the card.

There is a program called "3D Analyze" in which you point the program to the EXE file of the game and tricks games that run on hardware not supported to make it looks like it has shader model 2.0

It's not guaranteed to run though.

What do you mean by unable to upgrade your video card? Is it a laptop?

If it's a desktop a PCI version of the Geforce 6200 would most likely run on your system.

Just remember on your old desktop that it may have not that good of a power supply. If its not the required amount, a Geforce FX 5500 would work in this case.

Jason Carver
Community Support at Encore Software

Please note that the forums are for functionality support only. Enter in your web browser http://support.encore.com for technical support relating to errors and crashes.

(in reply to karls)
Post #: 2
RE: Failure to Initialize Player - 1/13/2016 9:21:07 AM   
karls

Thank for the help with this.

I have download and installed 3D-Analyze v2.36b.

With these two options checked:
* emulate HW TnL caps
* emulate pixel shader caps

I am now able to run the game but mostly with a pink screen. The game starts with music and a solid pink screen. Then the lobby comes up with pink boxes for any clickable items.

I have tried with other options on the 3D-Analyze and most with no effect and some options will cause the game to crash.

One option "forced wireframe mode" did cause the startup screen to be black and then fades into a blueish gray screen with a diagonal pink line through it. When the lobby comes up the clickable items are a pink outlined box with a diagonal line though them. Some of the boxes when hovered over the text area will show these smaller boxes which I think is supposed to be text. When the game appears instead of pictures only the outlined pink boxes show, but the game seems to run normally, and knowing the location of where the buttons are to run the slot machine.

At least there is some progress but still not working as expected. Any more help on this is appreciated.

As for the PC, it is an all-in-one desktop computer system, somewhat similar to the iMac.

(in reply to karls)
Post #: 3
RE: Failure to Initialize Player - 1/13/2016 11:10:28 AM   
TMLFAN4LIFE

I did some research and it turns out the old MX series of cards are not compatible on a majority of games published.

The exception to the rule is the 3D Analyze program which I suggested as a work around.

Unfortunately, this game is truly incompatible on your computer due to the features of the video card.

Jason Carver
Community Support at Encore Software

Please note that the forums are for functionality support only. Enter in your web browser http://support.encore.com for technical support relating to errors and crashes.

(in reply to karls)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Games] >> IGT Slots Paradise Garden >> Failure to Initialize Player Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4