Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Big Banners and Posters

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Printing Specific Issues >> Big Banners and Posters Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Big Banners and Posters - 1/17/2016 9:06:16 PM   
antlerman

I am using Print Shop 23 Pro Publisher Deluxe.

I need to create a banner 2 ft tall by 8 ft long, but cannot figure out how to start?

I also need to make a poster 2 ft wide x 3 ft tall and can't figure out how to start that either?

Please help!

Thanks
John

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 2/24/2016 6:02:10 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Creating a Banner & Poster in PS 23 - 1/17/2016 9:46:16 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: antlerman
I need to create a banner 2 ft tall by 8 ft long, but cannot figure out how to start?

Will you be printing this on several sheets of paper and taping them together OR getting it professionally printed on one long sheet?

If you will be using a professional printing service, you'll be required to submit a PDF or JPG. Warning: Creating a PDF or JPG in the sizes you mentioned, may crash the program.

Printing at home, on multiple sheets of paper is doable, but trickier than just using a banner project which is restricted to 8.5 inches tall and as many sheets wide as you like. However, even this banner project will crash if you add too many high resolution images.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 1/17/2016 10:19:14 PM >

(in reply to antlerman)
Post #: 2
RE: Creating a Banner & Poster in PS 23 - 1/19/2016 1:11:32 PM   
antlerman

Well, that's disappointing!
I guess that's what I get out of a $49 product :(

Can you possibly recommend another Broderbund product that can do what I'm looking to do?
That is: Print a banner, all on one sheet of paper, that is 2 or 3 ft tall and 8 or 10 ft long? I need to be able to load high resolution images and save it as a PDF or JPEG when finished so that it can print as a nice 4-color banner.

I also would like to be able to to do posters, which is essentially the same as above, but smaller.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: Creating a Banner & Poster in PS 23 - 1/19/2016 1:56:17 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: antlerman
... 2 or 3 ft tall and 8 or 10 ft long? I need to be able to load high resolution images and save it as a PDF or JPEG when finished so that it can print as a nice 4-color banner.

The limiting factor here isn't the program. You could be using a $500 Photo Shop program and still crash your computer. Because you want to create a high quality JPG that will print up to 3' x 10', you probably require a computer with 8GB RAM and a fairly new and fast processor. I know my computer can't produce a JPG of that size.

The good news is, if your poster or banner contains only vector images and text as curves, we can work something out.

(in reply to antlerman)
Post #: 4
RE: Creating a Banner & Poster in PS 23 - 1/19/2016 4:25:52 PM   
antlerman

Oooooohhh, now I get it.
Hey, thanks for your help!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: Creating a Banner & Poster in PS 23 - 1/19/2016 5:05:59 PM   
ellengard

You're welcome. Here's an option that may work for you. From the printing service that you will be using (e.g. vistaprint.ca, staplescopyandprint.ca), check out their banner and poster templates. Templates have picture placeholders and text placeholders. Simply upload your image into the placeholder, then type your text into its placeholder.

Because these templates are usually "fixed" (you can't resize or reposition the placeholders), your design options are limited. However, you do get a high quality product with a minimum of fuss.

You can use your Print Shop program to customize your image, then upload that customized image to the template.

(in reply to antlerman)
Post #: 6
RE: Creating a Banner & Poster in PS 23 - 1/19/2016 5:57:24 PM   
ellengard

For example, here is one of several poster templates at an online printing service. This 24" x 36" poster is $20.
Banners are quite a bit more expensive, probably because they are generally made of vinyl. 30" x 96" is $55.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to antlerman)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Printing Specific Issues >> Big Banners and Posters Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4