Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Cannot Create greeting card using Avery 8315 Note Cards

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 7.0 (released 2015) >> Cannot Create greeting card using Avery 8315 Note Cards Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cannot Create greeting card using Avery 8315 Note Cards - 1/17/2017 8:46:02 PM   
sjwarvi

I inserted photo into my project. I have attempted different project changes/specifications but I am unable to make the program print correctly on the Avery 8315 note card. When I finalize the edit, it appears ok with one image. When I view project, if I select print as note card, it looks okay. But when I select print, it prints four images - and not in the format of the Avery 8315 note card. How do I correct this?? Please help me!

Sandy Warvi
Post #: 1
RE: Cannot Create greeting card using Avery 8315 Note C... - 1/17/2017 9:35:18 PM   
ellengard

The project type you select will determine the final print, so I need to know if you want two identical cards to print on the sheet OR just one card, leaving the other half of the sheet blank.

(in reply to sjwarvi)
Post #: 2
RE: Cannot Create greeting card using Avery 8315 Note C... - 1/17/2017 10:09:15 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: sjwarvi
I have attempted different project changes/specifications but I am unable to make the program print correctly on the Avery 8315 note card.

Trying to change a half-fold greeting card project that is one card on a sheet, via the Edit| Change Project Size/Type... to a two cards per sheet is not possible. You can change the size of a card, say from 5x7 to 4x6, but you can't get the program to "multi-up" folded cards on a single sheet unless you start with a "multi-up" template.
quote:

...if I select print as note card... it prints four images

I can't find an option to "print as note card". Can you show me a screen caption of this print option?

< Message edited by ellengard -- 1/17/2017 10:18:49 PM >

(in reply to sjwarvi)
Post #: 3
RE: Cannot Create greeting card using Avery 8315 Note C... - 1/17/2017 11:00:03 PM   
sjwarvi

I don't know how to send you a print screen???

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 4
RE: Cannot Create greeting card using Avery 8315 Note C... - 1/17/2017 11:04:58 PM   
ellengard

Use the Snipping tool that comes with Windows. If you don't know where it is, just type "snipping tool" into the "Search programs and files" box.

Click Upload File and check Embed picture in post.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 1/17/2017 11:14:48 PM >

(in reply to sjwarvi)
Post #: 5
RE: Cannot Create greeting card using Avery 8315 Note C... - 1/17/2017 11:09:57 PM   
ellengard

or can you describe where you go to find the print as note card option, from these screen captures?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sjwarvi)
Post #: 6
RE: Cannot Create greeting card using Avery 8315 Note C... - 1/18/2017 12:06:12 AM   
ellengard

quote:

I inserted photo into my project. I have attempted different project changes/specifications...

If you could provide the name of the project template you started with (e.g. Birthday Grunge-12), I can tell you how to make a note card with it. The instructions are different depending on whether it's side/top fold, 2 or 4 pages, and the starting size. There is additional tweaking if you are starting with a card that is a different aspect ratio than a 4.25 x 5.5 note card.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 1/18/2017 12:08:36 AM >

(in reply to sjwarvi)
Post #: 7
RE: Cannot Create greeting card using Avery 8315 Note C... - 1/18/2017 12:12:52 PM   
sjwarvi

It is a greeting card - two pages, side fold. There was no template name - I chose create from Scratch. I tried changing the print using the first screen you showed, it still prints 4 images of the Angel that I inserted into the project. I tried to attach a snipping but failed. The is PrintMaster Platinum. Thanks...

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 8
RE: Cannot Create greeting card using Avery 8315 Note C... - 1/18/2017 12:23:47 PM   
ellengard

I still need info:
  • Do you want two identical cards printed on one sheet of paper?
  • Where is "print as note card"? What tab is it under; what button?

(in reply to sjwarvi)
Post #: 9
RE: Cannot Create greeting card using Avery 8315 Note C... - 1/18/2017 4:29:49 PM   
sjwarvi

Yes, I do want two identical cards one sheet of paper. When I VIEW PROJECT, CHOOSE PROJECT TYPE, GREETING CARD, it shows an image of one greeting card ( not two ) . but then it prints four images of the object I have imported into the project. Perhaps I should not specify Avery 8315 template and somehow use custom on all settings? Thanks for your help! Sandy Warvy

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 10
RE: Cannot Create greeting card using Avery 8315 Note C... - 1/18/2017 5:09:29 PM   
ellengard

OK, then for two identical cards on one sheet, we need to do a project that allows "multi-up". That means a LABELS project. Sounds weird, but that's how you get multiple prints on one sheet.

I will make some screen captures since it is much easier to explain with pictures. I'll be back after dinner.

(in reply to sjwarvi)
Post #: 11
RE: Cannot Create greeting card using Avery 8315 Note C... - 1/18/2017 6:52:32 PM   
ellengard

quote:

Yes, I do want two identical cards one sheet of paper.

Since we can only upload one image per post, I put together a tutorial on my blog which you can read here:
http://ellengard.weebly.com/blog

(in reply to sjwarvi)
Post #: 12
RE: Cannot Create greeting card using Avery 8315 Note C... - 1/18/2017 9:51:52 PM   
ellengard

quote:

...GREETING CARD, it shows an image of one greeting card ( not two ) . but then it prints four images of the object I have imported into the project.

I just remembered that someone originally asked this question in 2014 with version 6.0 (pretty much the same as version 7.0 except that 7.0 is more Win 10 compatible). Here was a solution that also works:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=47943

The method described on my blog works better if your card stock has a different finish on the front vs the back. i.e. you want the glossy/embossed finish for the front of your card and the matte finish on the inside of the card.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 1/18/2017 10:04:49 PM >

(in reply to sjwarvi)
Post #: 13
RE: Cannot Create greeting card using Avery 8315 Note C... - 1/19/2017 4:25:50 PM   
sjwarvi

I was so excited to see your blog! BUT, I was sure I followed the instructions, what I got was two copies; the front and the back on the left hand side of the card. I made sure (I thought) that the image filled the complete page - but on the printed copy the image filled one half of the front page and the text box printed at the bottom of the left half of the front page.

Then I tried the instructions on the second blog.I didn't bother with text on this one. I tried printing landscape and portrait. Each time the image filled one half of the front page - although the landscape printed a bit larger.

I did a scan of the print but I don't find any place to attach to this reply.

This is driving me crazy!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 14
RE: Cannot Create greeting card using Avery 8315 Note C... - 1/19/2017 4:50:16 PM   
ellengard

quote:

I was so excited to see your blog! BUT, I was sure I followed the instructions, what I got was two copies; the front and the back on the left hand side of the card. I made sure (I thought) that the image filled the complete page - but on the printed copy the image filled one half of the front page and the text box printed at the bottom of the left half of the front page.

Let's make sure we are talking about the same thing. On my blog, the instructions are for making the OUTSIDES (i.e. the front and back) of the card first.

You are absolutely certain you created this EXACT custom template?

You are absolutely sure the right half of the template contains ONLY the card front?

Do not get ahead of yourself by making the inside of the card yet.

p.s. to post your image, you need to click the "Click here to upload" link inside the reply message box.

(in reply to sjwarvi)
Post #: 15
RE: Cannot Create greeting card using Avery 8315 Note C... - 1/19/2017 5:01:39 PM   
ellengard

Since you are not getting the same print results as I am, your print settings may be all messed up from your earliest printing attempts. It's important that you set your printer to the normal default of letter size, portrait, ONE page.

(in reply to sjwarvi)
Post #: 16
RE: Cannot Create greeting card using Avery 8315 Note C... - 1/19/2017 6:22:55 PM   
ellengard

Print problems are also caused by outdated printer drivers. If you are using Win 10, have you updated to the latest Win 10 printer driver?

(in reply to sjwarvi)
Post #: 17
RE: Cannot Create greeting card using Avery 8315 Note C... - 1/20/2017 12:10:01 AM   
sjwarvi

Yes! I downloaded and updated the printer driver, so I'm almost there! I now have two full size prints on the right side of the Avery Form 8315. The last thing I need to change: The card has a side fold, but the perforation to separate the two cards is vertical. Is it easy for you to tell me how to change this so the images print on the bottom half of the sheet? Thanks again! and goodnight until tomorrow. Sandy Warvi

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 18
RE: Cannot Create greeting card using Avery 8315 Note C... - 1/20/2017 3:22:04 PM   
ellengard

quote:

... but the perforation to separate the two cards is vertical.

No, it's not. All Avery note card sheets have the fold going down the vertical, i.e. the 11 inches. The sheet cuts apart along the horizontal, 8.5 inches. You have to retrain your brain to look at the Avery sheet as 8.5 inches wide; 11 inches tall. You are stuck on the orientation of the finished note cards AFTER cutting and folding.

The template setup doesn't change. If you want to end up with a little card that is "landscape" oriented, i.e. top-fold, you have to create your design, then rotate everything -90 degrees, such that the bottom of the design aligns along the outer right edge.

In theory, you can create a new custom template for "landscape" note cards where you don't have to rotate things, but when I tried it, the program REFUSED to put two on a sheet. So not a useable solution.

ALTERNATIVE: You can do away with multi-up custom projects by simply making a standard letter size landscape project. Add rulers to create your four equal quadrants. Design your card front in the bottom left of the page. Copy everything and paste it to the bottom right of the page.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 1/21/2017 12:27:54 AM >

(in reply to sjwarvi)
Post #: 19
RE: Cannot Create greeting card using Avery 8315 Note C... - 1/20/2017 4:16:36 PM   
ellengard

This screen snip shows a standard letter size landscape project (SIGN). Notice I added guide lines to help position my design in the bottom left quadrant. I copied the design and pasted it to the bottom right quadrant.

(I normally bleed past the edges to eliminate white edges, but in this example, I wanted you to see the guide lines clearly.)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 1/20/2017 4:27:03 PM >

(in reply to sjwarvi)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 7.0 (released 2015) >> Cannot Create greeting card using Avery 8315 Note Cards Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4