Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: PRINTSHOP 23.1 - Addressbook creation and importing from CSV file

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> RE: PRINTSHOP 23.1 - Addressbook creation and importing from CSV file Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PRINTSHOP 23.1 - Addressbook creation and importing... - 2/26/2017 4:51:49 PM   
ellengard

Use Access for your database. Do not use it with Print Shop at all. Do not import Access data to Print Shop. That's so counter-productive.

Use Print Shop for desktop publishing i.e. printing business cards and brochures.

If for some masochistic reason you want to use the Ultimate Mail Manager for product data, I post the following screen captures for your consideration:

Create your Address Book. Add a new contact name; add data values in existing available fields.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 2/27/2017 12:58:03 AM >

(in reply to samplevi)
Post #: 21
RE: PRINTSHOP 23.1 - Addressbook creation and importing... - 2/26/2017 4:54:33 PM   
ellengard

Create your mail merge project.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 22
RE: PRINTSHOP 23.1 - Addressbook creation and importing... - 2/26/2017 4:58:05 PM   
ellengard

When ready to print, select the contact names.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 2/27/2017 12:59:33 AM >

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 23
RE: PRINTSHOP 23.1 - Addressbook creation and importing... - 2/26/2017 5:02:23 PM   
ellengard

Ta-da! The mail merge data values of the contact names you selected, are printed.

In conclusion, if your CSV data has nothing to do with an address book, don't import that CSV file into Print Shop's address book. That's just making a lot of unnecessary extra work (as seen in the images above), forcing an address book to not be an address book.

In case you are curious, the CSV file would look like this:

First Name, Last Name, Secondary Address Line 1, Secondary Address Line 2, Secondary City
ProductA, SKU#001, 5x20, .002, red
ProductB, SKU#002, 10x20, .005, blue
ProductC, SKU#003, 12x24, .001, amber

However, MS Access is capable of printing labels, so just do it with MS Access.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSQzNZQCKQ8

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 2/27/2017 1:35:19 AM >

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 24
RE: PRINTSHOP 23.1 - Addressbook creation and importing... - 2/27/2017 12:15:46 AM   
ellengard

From your CSV file and your Print Shop label project screen capture, it appears you want to print labels with a parts description. Would it be simpler to directly type that info onto your Avery 8252 label project and print 14 identical labels? You can edit the text box to print 14 identical labels of another parts description. Keep a physical folder of the label sheets and peel off the required labels as you need them. Just a thought.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to samplevi)
Post #: 25
RE: PRINTSHOP 23.1 - Addressbook creation and importing... - 2/28/2017 1:49:28 PM   
samplevi

Once again many thanks for your patience and perseverance. I totally hear what you are saying about the use of access which I use in several other applications. If you care to hear why I am persuing this issue to this degree I would be happy to do so. Be assured there is no masochistic motivation here at all :-) However it is too long an explanation to convey via a text message. My phone number is 551-486-1615 should you care to hear it. In the meantime I have tried your suggestion and everything matches your screen shots except where I choose to print the actual labels. The screen that allows you to choose the particular records that you want to print labels for is totally blank. There are no value at all in that screen so you can not choose anything . AS I am writing this message I tried to duplicate what I had done previously and while the last time the correct fields were inserted in to the document when I tried again I was unable to get the correct fields into the label. Here is a screen shot. I think I am ready to throw in the towel and just will continue to use Printmaster for this which I have done for many years with absolutely no problems.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 26
RE: PRINTSHOP 23.1 - Addressbook creation and importing... - 2/28/2017 4:20:42 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: samplevi
The screen that allows you to choose the particular records that you want to print labels for is totally blank. There are no value at all in that screen so you can not choose anything.

It could be that the UMM program needs to be told to look in the McMaster Sheets.AB2 file. Click the Select List button, then browse to the file's location.

BTW, since you don't need the primary address fields for actual addresses, you could use those fields for your data values as well.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 2/28/2017 4:23:26 PM >

(in reply to samplevi)
Post #: 27
RE: PRINTSHOP 23.1 - Addressbook creation and importing... - 3/1/2017 3:30:22 PM   
samplevi

due to your patience and excellent suggestins I hae finally been able to make this work.I know it was trying to fit a square peg into a round hole but as I mentioned this is for a special application for which access as sophisticated as it is would not lend itself to my special applications. Thanks again.

Sam Levi

BTW I did use the primary address line 1, line 2 and city and that's what finally got it to work perfectly. :-)

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 28
RE: PRINTSHOP 23.1 - Addressbook creation and importing... - 3/1/2017 3:59:07 PM   
ellengard

FANTASTIC!

(in reply to samplevi)
Post #: 29
RE: PRINTSHOP 23.1 - Addressbook creation and importing... - 11/10/2023 4:11:34 PM   
StephenWheaton

simply amazing

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 30
RE: PRINTSHOP 23.1 - Addressbook creation and importing... - 11/17/2023 2:36:53 PM   
StephenWheaton

I appreciate those materials and your suggestions. This is crucial for me as a student to improve the comfort of my transitional home. Some students could find it useful, in my opinion. I use ghostwriter master thesis service for all of my work now that I've found them. It consistently takes on even the most difficult undertakings in an acceptable manner.

< Message edited by StephenWheaton -- 11/17/2023 2:51:49 PM >

(in reply to samplevi)
Post #: 31
RE: PRINTSHOP 23.1 - Addressbook creation and importing... - 1/6/2024 6:43:38 PM   
StephenWheaton

Thank you

(in reply to samplevi)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> RE: PRINTSHOP 23.1 - Addressbook creation and importing from CSV file Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4