Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

print and filling information

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> print and filling information Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
print and filling information - 3/10/2017 3:52:19 PM   
layzeerudy

How do I add information into the invoice part of the forum and also how do I print it out
Post #: 1
RE: print and filling information - 3/10/2017 3:59:08 PM   
JasonC

I'm not sure what template you are using so I am going to show you an example. I am using a template called Blue Header Invoice.

If you double click on the form portion of this template, a cursor appears next to item description. If I press enter (1 time I think), It moves the cursor to allow typing in the form. Press enter for the next column, etc. Other forms may work in a similar fashion.

To print, click the home tab and click the print button.

Attachment (1)

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to layzeerudy)
Post #: 2
RE: print and filling information - 3/11/2017 2:59:26 AM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: layzeerudy
How do I add information into the invoice part of the forum [sic]

Some of the invoice form templates are (IMHO) badly designed, made up of numerous colored shapes that are awkward to fill in with text. On this particular template, you double-click inside the colored rectangle which then allows you to enter text. (Text in Shape feature) I changed the alignment from center to left, changed the font size to fit, then started typing. I had to add spaces to make the words appear in the correct "column". In a pinch, you could fill in this form in this way. As a professional desktop publishing designer, I find this inelegant.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 3/11/2017 4:11:36 AM >

(in reply to layzeerudy)
Post #: 3
RE: print and filling information - 3/11/2017 3:28:50 AM   
ellengard

Forms should be designed with a TABLE, and then we can easily double-click in each cell to add text. Here is an example of a table. You can apply background colors to cells. You can apply right or left alignment to the cells. It's easy to add/remove columns and rows. It may take some time to set up your table with the formatting you want, but then you can reuse the table over and over again by editing the contents of the cells.

quote:

... and also how do I print it out

For many of these form templates, I found that it took a very long time for the print job to spool. Probably because there are so many individual items on the page e.g. all those colored rectangles, all those line segments, and all the individual text boxes. Each item is on its own layer. So you have a project with perhaps over 30 items and layers!

So after you hit Print, go get yourself a coffee. When you come back, the print should start

In contrast, my table prints very quickly because it is one item on one layer.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 3/11/2017 4:25:48 AM >

(in reply to layzeerudy)
Post #: 4
RE: print and filling information - 3/11/2017 4:33:54 AM   
lindarobin

Hi, Jason,

You clicked on the large white rectangle, so your center aligned text is being added inside that. It's quite difficult to then align the text with the "rows" and "columns". This is due to the flawed form design. However, I just realized that these templates were designed BEFORE the table tool was available. The table tool came out after version 2.0, if I recall correctly.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 3/11/2017 5:41:08 AM >

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 5
RE: print and filling information - 3/11/2017 9:26:23 AM   
ellengard

I created my own invoice template using tables. It is only 350 KB. It can be customized. I added logo placeholders and a gradient background which can easily be removed.
download the PSproj file from my website

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 3/11/2017 9:56:18 AM >

(in reply to layzeerudy)
Post #: 6
RE: print and filling information - 3/11/2017 12:07:23 PM   
JasonC

quote:

ORIGINAL: lindarobin

Hi, Jason,

You clicked on the large white rectangle, so your center aligned text is being added inside that. It's quite difficult to then align the text with the "rows" and "columns". This is due to the flawed form design. However, I just realized that these templates were designed BEFORE the table tool was available. The table tool came out after version 2.0, if I recall correctly.

Thanks :) It is strange how it is designed, I was scratching my head figuring out why the formatting was off. Clicking on the spacing and padding buttons seemed to make it worse.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> print and filling information Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4