Sorry for mixing discussion of bugs with requested features (even if related). Is there a better place to discuss issues or would these be considered enhancements in the CSV export/import?
However, it may already exist in another manner via saving a Calendar Creator project, and importing the project into another one. This exists in Calendar Creator 12.1, and may also exist in 2016 (I can't check for now).
Thanks for the idea. I just tried and it did not work for me. Here is what I did:
Added some events.
Saved the calendar.
Closed the project.
Cleared the events.
Opened the calendar.
The result was that the old events no longer existed. Well, it was a bit weird. The side panel showing the page previews showed what appeared to be events on the following pages, but when I clicked to them, they were not there and the tiny text for the event in the preview panel disappeared for that month. It is like it used a preview that was saved for the project, but when displaying the full month re-published the page and updated the preview panel. After Opening the calendar, I did checked the "Show event listing" icon and none of the events that were present when I saved the calendar were there, so it looked like those are not exported with the project. I was hopeful at least. If there is a different way to restore it I will try that too.
Note: Test above may be invalid due to state of my system. The tests yesterday may have messed up the database. I created a month landscape basic calendar and tried to enter events like I did yesterday, they properly showed up in the event listing, but did not display on January 2017. But, ones for other months showed up fine. I did get them to show for January 2017 by double clicking the January calendar to show the "Calendar Properties" popup and hit "OK" without changing anything. It then showed them properly. I closed out and tried again with the same results. I uninstalled and reinstalled trying to clear everything, but got the same results. In fact, I had added a category of "Bob" yesterday and it was there after I reinstalled, so some data file or registry keys persisted. I did not check the whole system. The only directory that I noticed CC storing stuff in so far was "Documents/Calendar Creator" and that was where calendar projects were saved. Any idea where CC stores additional data such as events and such so I can clear that out?
You clearly know your way around data import, and could experiment with a small sample file, completely filled, to import to see when vacant or unusually-formatted fields cause it to fail.
I have been coding and using computers since 1973 so have seen a lot of these things. So far, for the issues that I described, I have only entered data in the event popup and exported to get the file that I would then import after clearing the event list. I could tweak the output files to help determine the exact conditions that cause the import to fail if I get my program state back to like it was before yesterday if it would be useful. But, if line breaks should not be there, best to filter them out when creating the CSV file or other programs are likely to have a similar import issue. CC import could be made more robust in case other programs output similar issues to the line break one that CC currently exports. For CSV, that can be done by just ignoring lines that are not valid and reading the next line. (If so, it would be good to report to the user the number of lines that were ignored.)