Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

custom 5.5 x 8.5 greeting card template needed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> custom 5.5 x 8.5 greeting card template needed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
custom 5.5 x 8.5 greeting card template needed - 8/28/2017 2:27:37 PM   
leheiner

New to 4.0. Need help creating original template to print two photo greeting cards per 8.5 x 11 sheet resulting in two top fold 5.5 x 8.5 greeting cards.

Lawrence Heiner
Post #: 1
RE: custom 5.5 x 8.5 greeting card template needed - 8/28/2017 7:24:47 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: leheiner
... two photo greeting cards per 8.5 x 11 sheet ... top fold...

The easiest way to get two top-fold cards per sheet is to create a new Greeting Card Quarter-Fold Top-Fold Wide project. Simply print it, then re-insert the sheet flipped over, and print the project again.

The other option of creating an all-new template is a bit complicated because Print Shop does not understand the concept of a multi-up folded project. The program understands folded (Greeting Card) or multi-up (Label Sheet). As a workaround, you would either:

create a half fold Greeting Card project and manually duplicate your design so you get two small cards

OR

create a Label Sheet project where the label is 5.5 wide and 8.5 tall, and you must remember to design the card front on the bottom half of the label, and the card back UPSIDE-DOWN on the top half of the label.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 8/28/2017 7:30:28 PM >

(in reply to leheiner)
Post #: 2
RE: custom 5.5 x 8.5 greeting card template needed - 8/28/2017 8:16:56 PM   
ellengard

Personally, I like to do a SIGN project because it's simpler for me to visualize how it prints on the whole sheet. It's easy to select/group/copy to duplicate my design:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 8/28/2017 8:20:37 PM >

(in reply to leheiner)
Post #: 3
RE: custom 5.5 x 8.5 greeting card template needed - 8/29/2017 1:43:52 PM   
leheiner

ellengard, How would I go about getting your attachment into my copy of Print Shop 4?
Lonny

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 4
RE: custom 5.5 x 8.5 greeting card template needed - 8/29/2017 3:07:31 PM   
leheiner

I am a little confused. Could you or someone tell me how to do a custom 5.25 x 7 card using pre-scored red river paper 10.5 x 7? To day is my 58th wedding anniversary and I really want to make a card for my bride. Lonny

(in reply to leheiner)
Post #: 5
RE: custom 5.5 x 8.5 greeting card template needed - 8/29/2017 7:21:45 PM   
ellengard

You're asking about a different project now, so my instructions for making 2 identical top fold cards on one sheet of 8.5x11 would not explain how to do a single card on a 10.7x7 sheet.

Congratulations on 58 years. Sorry, but custom card-making is probably going to take a couple of days if you are new to desktop publishing and this program.

First you need to create a custom size paper.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to leheiner)
Post #: 6
RE: custom 5.5 x 8.5 greeting card template needed - 8/29/2017 7:27:57 PM   
leheiner

You are right, I will just enjoy the day and a nice dinner with my bride and tackle learning for the rest of the week. Thank you so much for your help.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 7
RE: custom 5.5 x 8.5 greeting card template needed - 8/29/2017 8:05:33 PM   
ellengard

Attachment (1)

(in reply to leheiner)
Post #: 8
RE: custom 5.5 x 8.5 greeting card template needed - 8/29/2017 11:40:54 PM   
leheiner

Thank you very much. Before an Italian dinner tonight I did create the 7 x 10.5 custom sheet and was successful in getting a card printed on the red river paper, but in both landscape and portrait modes it printed
3/4 of an inch to the right of center.
The print properties did not have that page size so I chose the custom tab, and it showed the correct paper size, for output. ??? Suggestions?

Tomorrow I will try to do the double card that you explained. I did copy the attachment that you sent to me and put it into my pictures, but I do not know how to make it my card if that was your intent or if it is possible?

Lonny

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 9
RE: custom 5.5 x 8.5 greeting card template needed - 8/30/2017 12:17:47 AM   
ellengard

quote:

... it printed 3/4 of an inch to the right of center.
The print properties did not have that page size so I chose the custom tab, and it showed the correct paper size, for output. ??? Suggestions?

Well, I do know that you have to tell your printer that you are using 7x10.5 paper. Since I can't see your computer screen and check your printer options I can suggest you watch my video "The Print Shop 3.5: Create a custom size greeting card from scratch". It's at the bottom of this page:
http://ellengard.weebly.com/printmaster-60-and-print-shop-35.html

If you did all the steps in the video, then we can check for updated printer drivers next.

(in reply to leheiner)
Post #: 10
RE: custom 5.5 x 8.5 greeting card template needed - 8/30/2017 12:41:34 AM   
ellengard

quote:

Tomorrow I will try to do the double card that you explained. I did copy the attachment that you sent to me and put it into my pictures, but I do not know how to make it my card if that was your intent or if it is possible?

No, that attachment is not a template. It is a partial screen capture. You are supposed to create a new SIGN project, landscape orientation. That is why the screen capture shows the ruler indicating that the project is 11 inches wide.

(in reply to leheiner)
Post #: 11
RE: custom 5.5 x 8.5 greeting card template needed - 8/30/2017 1:02:50 AM   
ellengard

quote:

... I did create the 7 x 10.5 custom sheet...
The print properties did not have that page size so I chose the custom tab, and it showed the correct paper size, for output. ???

My printer has 7.5x10 as one of its pre-determined sizes. If you accidentally choose this size, that would explain why your printing is off to the right.

(in reply to leheiner)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> custom 5.5 x 8.5 greeting card template needed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4