Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

PRINT READY or BLEED

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Print Shop Mac (Encore 2015) >> PRINT READY or BLEED Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PRINT READY or BLEED - 11/15/2017 1:02:36 PM   
wandac

I am in a world of NEED!!!!

I purchased this Print Shop for MAC on the advice from Encore that I could SAVE a book project in pdf with BLEED in order for a professional printer to print numerous copies. I have not been successful. DOES anyone know a work around to save a 24 page book (color) in a format that a professional printer could easily use that has the bleed functionality?

What happens is when they print from the pdf I am currently sending- these is a white edge to the book- needs to print to the edge.

HELP PLEASE!!!!

Wanda
Post #: 1
RE: PRINT READY or BLEED - 11/15/2017 2:24:19 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: wandac
...DOES anyone know a work around to save a 24 page book (color) in a format that a professional printer could easily use that has the bleed functionality?

Hi, Wanda,

For full bleed printing, you must design your project with a bleed margin. There is no "workaround". It simply must be done.

Different professional printing services may have different specs for full bleed printing, so it's best to ask for the numbers, but for the example I will provide, let's assume it is 0.125 inches around all four edges.

Therefore, it you want 8.5x11 sheet with color right to the edges, you must design a project that is 8.75x11.25. Your background must fill this entire space, but all your elements must reside well within 8.5x11 so as not to risk getting them trimmed off.

Full bleed printing may cost more if larger sheets of paper are used and a lot of it is wasted in the trimming process.

Hopefully, it is a simple thing for you to edit the size of your publication and then just make sure the background fills in the extra area.

(in reply to wandac)
Post #: 2
RE: PRINT READY or BLEED - 11/15/2017 8:34:13 PM   
ellengard

I can suggest a "workaround", but you would have to present it in person to whoever is running your print job. (online services won't have the option to rescale the print size)

Most printing services can't print to the edge. Toner-based printers use a fusing system to melt the toner. This fusing system needs to have an area with no toner to feed the paper through reliably. If the edges of the paper have toner too close to any edge it can cause feeding or quality issues on the next pages printed. The rollers that move the paper through the copier need a clean surface of the paper without any toner on it, so printing full-bleed isn’t possible automatically.

What they do is trim off the white edge, making it look like the print goes to the edge. So to end up with full bleed 8.5x11 pages, the printer can print your project onto 9x12 paper, enlarged by a scale of 6 to 10 percent. Then trim the paper down to 8.5x11.

This will not work if you have anything important near the edge as it will get cut off. It will also not work for tri-fold projects as the fold lines will no longer be aligned.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 11/15/2017 8:58:18 PM >

(in reply to wandac)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Print Shop Mac (Encore 2015) >> PRINT READY or BLEED Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4