Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

What is 12.2?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> What is 12.2? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What is 12.2? - 12/12/2018 3:07:20 PM   
lem3

For years there were CC versions up through 12.1 which did everything most people wanted.
Then there was the all different version 1.0.2 which did little that most people wanted.
Now the Broderbund site is offering a Calendar Creator Deluxe 12.2, touted as "Windows 10 Compatible" but with little other information.

Is 12.2 just a re-branded 1.02, or (we can hope) the original program updated to run on modern operating systems? Or yet a third, different program?
Post #: 1
RE: What is 12.2? - 12/12/2018 3:46:07 PM   
ellengard

GREAT NEWS! This is an update of the original by Riverdeep. The StoryRock version has stopped being offered upon the release of Calendar Creator Deluxe 12.2.

(in reply to lem3)
Post #: 2
RE: What is 12.2? - 12/12/2018 7:24:39 PM   
ellengard

I just got the new version 12.2. Fans of version 12, rejoice! This new program opened my old BCC file. It is a true update of the Riverdeep software.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to lem3)
Post #: 3
RE: What is 12.2? - 12/13/2018 5:55:01 PM   
lem3

This announcement should be stuck to the top of both CC forums. I'm not sure how Broderbund/Encore would get the word out to all the people that abandoned the program because of the StoryRock debacle.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 4
RE: What is 12.2? - 12/13/2018 8:34:43 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: lem3
This announcement should be stuck to the top of both CC forums...

I am sure there will be a separate and new forum for 12.2. I agree - the word must get out. I noticed that there is no announcement even on the broderbund.com site which sells the program. A missed opportunity IMHO.

(in reply to lem3)
Post #: 5
RE: What is 12.2? - 12/13/2018 11:21:12 PM   
DEJenc3

I don't expect to see new forums for CC 12.2, since this program seems to be a true incremental upgrade (and a wonderful thing that is), and not an entirely new program as the 2016 release was. For users, it should be similar to moving from CC 11 or 12 to 12.1. Users can continue to post in the Calendar Creator forums, where the answers to past questions are likely to be similar, and there's an established history of questions and answers. Posters should continue to use their version numbers in questions.

I also believe the Calendar Creator 2016 forums should remain in place, since there are users who will want assistance with the program. It is so dramatically different from Calendar Creator 12 and earlier that there's a reason to keep these forums separate.

Like you, I hope the word gets out to Calendar Creator users that the program they've known in the past is back.

David

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 6
RE: What is 12.2? - 12/20/2018 2:31:52 PM   
FixitMAD

Hopefully that means the Phases of the Moon will be updated now that Encore is continuing this great program! Yeah for Encore bringing back this great program.

--
FixitMAD

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 7
RE: What is 12.2? - 12/20/2018 2:44:48 PM   
DEJenc3

The moon phases are there. It was one of the first things I checked when I installed the program. Nobody is happier about the return of Calendar Creator than the people who used the program up through v12.1 for years.

David

(in reply to FixitMAD)
Post #: 8
RE: What is 12.2? - 12/20/2018 3:07:23 PM   
FixitMAD

I do hope that Encore / Broderbund advertises it more and at least has something on their website about it. I only found out about this version because I saw someone wrote a note about CC 2016 and I was referencing them the forum for the 2016 version when I came across a message about 12.2.

Edit: Performing a Google search for Calendar Creator 12.2 gives me back this link: https://www.broderbund.com/calendar-creator-16

I'm assuming and hoping this is now discontinued "2016" version. Looks like they will need to update their website for this new 12.2 version still.

Looking forward to getting my copy in the mail and test driving it.

Thanks again,

--
FixitMAD

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 9
RE: What is 12.2? - 12/20/2018 3:57:38 PM   
DEJenc3

That link takes you to the 2016 Calendar Creator release, based on the screenshot and "All New." The link is obsolete. Out of curiosity, I clicked "add to cart" from that link, and it gives a 404 screen. Both the Encore and Broderbund sites show CC12.2 for sale, and no sign of the 2016 product.

I'd also like to see 12.2 get the publicity it deserves, especially among former customers. They'll be able to see it if they go to the Encore site, and it'll become apparent over time to users of the forums. Many may have continued to use Calendar Creator 12.1 on Windows 10, like myself, and may still check the forums from time to time, even if they aren't in need of help.

David

(in reply to FixitMAD)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> What is 12.2? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4