Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Not Responding

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 6.0 >> Not Responding Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Not Responding - 4/26/2021 10:48:26 AM   
William 55

Downloaded Print Shop 6. When loading or asked to print, it says "Rendering...Please wait". Wait is a long timer, perhaps 5-30 minutes or never. Task Manager lists program as "Not Responding" on and off during this time period. Tried delete Print Shop/reboot/reinstall/reboot. No benefit. Tried same with antivirus off. No benefit. Using Windows 10. Intel 3.4 GHz, RAM 32 GB, 64 bit. Thanks for your time and interest.
Post #: 1
RE: Not Responding - 4/26/2021 12:50:10 PM   
lindarobin

Did you have your anti-virus program running when you downloaded your purchase? It may have corrupted your download.

(in reply to William 55)
Post #: 2
RE: Not Responding - 4/26/2021 1:15:09 PM   
William 55

Cannot recall. Probably did not turn it off. That was a good while back. Program did download and does load.

(in reply to William 55)
Post #: 3
RE: Not Responding - 4/26/2021 1:47:39 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: William 55
...Probably did not turn it off. That was a good while back...

I guess that means you can't attempt a re-download of your purchase, with anti-virus temporarily turned off? If the download was corrupted, your installed program will be corrupted, in which case, you will need a "clean" download.

Does your problem occur every time you try to print, no matter what the project, no matter how simple the project? What happens if you start a new blank project and add one textbox with the word "test", then try to print it?

(in reply to William 55)
Post #: 4
RE: Not Responding - 4/26/2021 2:02:26 PM   
William 55

Interesting. New project of one word does not have any delays. What I had been trying to do was keep a calendar file and print out 1 or 2 pages at a time. Have not used the program for anything else for a long time. My wife made me buy the program to print something but once done, she did not use it anymore. Thus the files are of 12 sheets or actually Print shop seems to make them 24 pages with a blank every other.

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 5
RE: Not Responding - 4/26/2021 2:28:33 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

... a calendar file...24 pages with a blank every other.

That a simple file prints is good news - indicates that the print function does work, and that the problem may not be a corrupted installation.

In my experience, calendar files can get notoriously large and complex, making it difficult for the printer to render. However, it sounds like your calendar file has no photos/images as you mention that every other page is blank?

(in reply to William 55)
Post #: 6
RE: Not Responding - 4/26/2021 4:07:57 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

...What I had been trying to do was keep a calendar file and print out 1 or 2 pages at a time...

I did some experimenting with the calendar double-sided landscape project. I experience the very long rendering when printing the project, and when opening up my saved project. At some point, it even crashed the program.

I had no problem when creating a landscape sign project, and adding a month calendar to the page. Saved, opened, and printed just fine.

So I will assume the calendar project is buggy, and I advise against using it. Instead, create sign projects and add a monthly calendar to the page. Add a second page, and add the next month's calendar. See if that works for you - a few "2-month calendar" sign projects instead of the one calendar project.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to William 55)
Post #: 7
RE: Not Responding - 4/27/2021 11:19:52 AM   
William 55

Well, after I typed in a response yesterday and clicked OK, Encore deleted my message. It would not let me back into the thread either. As I recall, what I had to say ran something like the following:
As I think about it, if it was clearly stated that the antiviral software should be turned off prior to the PS 6 download, the odds are almost 100% that I did that. When I first bought Print Shop, my wife had used it in her school job and wanted the software. We had our 25 wedding anniversary yesterday so the version would be quite old. I made a calendar with it and happily added pictures and such. Over the years with upgrades in Windows and Print Shop, the latter no longer supported pictures and I quit using Print Shop. She retired and did not use it either. A year or so back she wanted it for something and I bought PS 6. It seemed to support calendars with pictures again. I have added a few but not a lot to the 2021/2022 calendars. I have not placed anything on the backside of the calendar pages. They are all blank but I assume there for 2 sided printing.
Today Encore seems happy to let me back in. I won’t try to upload anything again without coping it. I received notice of an update for PS 6 so I installed it but saw no obvious benefit.
Appreciate your efforts on a work around for calendars. I tried it out and it seems to work. It took me a little time to figure how to change the month but it seems usable. Did not try pictures and such but may in the future. Perhaps someday I will find a program that easily does just what I want. Once again, thank you for your time.
WSJ

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 8
RE: Not Responding - 4/27/2021 3:13:06 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

Well, after I typed in a response yesterday and clicked OK, Encore deleted my message.

That has happened to me, too. There is a time-out, I think. When I'm taking "too long" writing as I go back and forth to test a program feature or to create a screen capture, I lose everything when I hit the OK button! I found that clicking the Preview button every couple of minutes prevents that. Sometimes I copy the contents to the clipboard, if I realize I hadn't done the Preview.

quote:

A year or so back...I bought PS 6. It seemed to support calendars with pictures again. I have added a few but not a lot to the 2021/2022 calendars. I have not placed anything on the backside of the calendar pages. They are all blank but I assume there for 2 sided printing.

Yes, the start from scratch Calendar project is designed to create a wall calendar for the new year, where you would print and bind the pages such that you get a calendar like this:

quote:

Appreciate your efforts on a work around for calendars. I tried it out and it seems to work.

quote:

Perhaps someday I will find a program that easily does just what I want. Once again, thank you for your time. WSJ

You're welcome. I really like using the Google calendar app. It's free, and accurately remembers repeat events (birthdays, weekly meetings, first Wednesday of the month meetings, etc.) Limited formatting for printing, but workable. Once you print the calendars, it's easy to re-insert the pages and print images on the backsides, using The Print Shop.

(in reply to William 55)
Post #: 9
RE: Not Responding - 4/28/2021 4:26:17 PM   
William 55

Although I started dealing with computers a while back (Compuserve), and used various search engines (Dogpile, etc.), I have never had a Google account though my browser uses it for searches. I created an account and looked at what they had. Their program is obviously for someone more serious than I (hourly listings for example) but the repeat events is really nice. I have used the Outlook calendars for several years and might switch to Google though neither of them gives me exactly what I used to enjoy with Print Shop. Wish there was someone around to offer knowledgeable advise like you, before one buys software programs or hardware. Well, I should quit taking up your time.
WSJ

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 10
RE: Not Responding - 4/28/2021 9:38:18 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

...Outlook calendars ... Google though neither of them gives me exactly what I used to enjoy with Print Shop.

Check the calendar app that comes with your email provider. They usually have all the basic and most useful functions you would want for a calendar... free! I think the Google calendar is terrific for organizations, but I like my AOL calendar for personal use - simpler, the way the Print Shop calendar project was meant to be like. The pages can be printed and you can use The Print Shop to print images on the other side, to create a wall calendar.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to William 55)
Post #: 11
RE: Not Responding - 4/29/2021 10:41:14 AM   
William 55

Many years ago, my son got a job with an Internet Provider which subsequently merged and became that listed. He quit working for them but I had started using them as my provider and just continued. Their opening page is:
https://my1.earthlink.net/. I don't see that they offer calendars but it was a very good thought and sounds like something that all the Internet Providers could easily have. At this point, I remembered that I switched to cable though I continued my email address with Earthlink. When I moved, my IP ended up being with cable Mediacom which doesn't see to provide a calendar either and is excessively expensive. I think I will just end up using the Google calendar and forgetting the pictures.

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 6.0 >> Not Responding Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4