Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

multiple bookmarks

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> multiple bookmarks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
multiple bookmarks - 8/5/2005 7:35:14 AM   
LibraryGirl

I am trying to print bookmarks. In the past, I have just created text boxes and tried to make them the same size. This often results in booksmarks that are slightly different sizes and therefore they do not cut smoothly.

Anyone know how to do this???
Thanks in advance for any help, suggestions or advise.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 8/15/2010 12:23:13 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Bookmarks - 8/5/2005 10:32:26 AM   
lindarobin

Are you designing several bookmarks on the same page? If so, after you create your first bookmark, copy the textbox (if this is what defines the dimensions of your bookmark). Now you can edit the text and add new images inside this new textbox.

Another way: When you create a textbox, the dimensions show on the bottom right of your screen. Note the size and make your next textbox the same size. I assume you've just been eyeballing the size without realizing you can draw elements to an exact size.

There's also a LAYOUT| SIZE| MORE... command to input exact dimensions for your elements.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 8/5/2005 10:37:45 AM >

(in reply to LibraryGirl)
Post #: 2
RE: Bookmarks - 8/5/2005 10:54:52 AM   
LibraryGirl

Actually I want them all to be the same, and I am going to be printing about 2000 of them, so I would like to fit about 5 bookmarks per page.

Yes, I have been copying and pasting, however, my text boxes always paste smaller than the one I copied from. I am not sure why this is.

-T

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 3
RE: Bookmarks - 8/5/2005 5:59:06 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: LibraryGirl

Actually I want them all to be the same, and I am going to be printing about 2000 of them, so I would like to fit about 5 bookmarks per page.

The easiest way to get identical bookmarks is to use a label project. From the dozens of label templates, I'm sure there's one that is "bookmark size". This project will automatically duplicate your bookmark for you.

quote:

Yes, I have been copying and pasting, however, my text boxes always paste smaller than the one I copied from. I am not sure why this is.

Well, you've got me... no idea why that would happen. Try grouping all the elements together (not just the text box). Copy and paste the group. This will give you exact duplicates of the original.

Or do the label project instead.

(in reply to LibraryGirl)
Post #: 4
RE: Bookmarks - 8/5/2005 6:07:57 PM   
lindarobin

Just a cost saving suggestion since you want 2000 of these bookmarks.

If you print out one bookmark, at your best print quality and trimmed to the correct size, and take it to a copy shop with a good colour laser copier, they can punch in the codes to replicate your bookmark so that an entire 11x17 sheet will be filled with copies of your bookmark. They can run off several of these 11x17 sheets. The cost of these sheets will be a fraction of the cost of home printing UNLESS your bookmark is mostly white.

Bonus: colour laser copies are water resistant, unlike most inkjet prints.

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> multiple bookmarks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4