Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Priority assigned to imported holiday dates

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Priority assigned to imported holiday dates Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Priority assigned to imported holiday dates - 10/11/2005 6:03:52 AM   
DEJenc3

CC10: When I imported US holidays, they showed in the Event List with a Priority of either 11 or 26 (with the exception of Halloween, which was 62, probably a typo). I can't determine what set the different ranks, or what they mean (there's no correlation with holidays that have fixed dates or that float, for example).

I'd like to know if the Priorities have a meaning, and if they can be changed globally? When I imported Christian Holidays, they came in with a Priority of 1. I'd like to set my own scheme, with 2-digit Priorities for all holidays, and single digits for my own events.

The only way I could think of doing this is to export the holidays, change the rank in the exported table, and re-import. But I suspect there are problems with this, and that there are features of the holidays that wouldn't be exported properly, so I'd like to avoid that. And I expect the Categories wouldn't look right on import either.

Thanks for any help.

David
Post #: 1
RE: Priority assigned to imported holiday dates - 10/11/2005 2:21:33 PM   
Midge

Hi DEJenc3,

The only function of the Priority setting is to determine the order in which events are displayed in the calendar day cells and in the Events list when Events are sorted by Priority. So, unless you set Priorities for other Events in other Categories to a number higher than 11, all US Holidays will display at the very bottom of the list of Events in all calendar day cells. In the Events list, all Events will be sorted by Priority when you choose to sort by Priority. But, if you choose to sort the Events by Category in the Events list, the Priority number will not be a factor.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any way to globally change the priority for specific categories. The priority for any single event can be changed in one of two ways.

1. When the calendar is being displayed, you can double-click on an event, then change the priority when the Modify Event window opens.

2. When the Events list is being displayed, you can click once in the Priority column for a specific Event, then type a different Priority number into that box.

< Message edited by Midge -- 10/11/2005 2:24:22 PM >

Never say "Never" - there's always an exception to every rule

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 2
RE: Priority assigned to imported holiday dates - 10/12/2005 7:34:37 AM   
DEJenc3

Thanks, Midge. I was using the Priority as an additional way of grouping events that I was importing, including a lot of boilerplate events. I gave them all high numbers (80s, 90s) so I could group them in the Event Listing. As I use and edit each event, I'll give it a new rank and category. Having a way of making global changes to rank (and other properties) would be a great help. Maybe it'll be considered in the next version, if not already in version 12.

(in reply to Midge)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Priority assigned to imported holiday dates Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4