Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Cannot Initialize Your Own Art or Your Own Projects Collection

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer] >> General Functionality >> Cannot Initialize Your Own Art or Your Own Projects Collection Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cannot Initialize Your Own Art or Your Own Projects Col... - 7/15/2009 11:45:23 PM   
Brandy redux

NOTE: Before following the directions below, you MUST be logged in to Windows® with Administrator privileges (NOT with a Limited User Account).

If you don't know whether or not your normal account is an Administrator account, do this:

A. If you don't know your logon name, click on 'Start'. Then, look for your logon name at the top or bottom of the Start menu.

B. Go to 'Control Panel' then open 'User Accounts'.

C. When the 'User Accounts' window opens, look under your logon name. If you DO NOT see the word 'Administrator' under your logon name, you should either log onto the computer with an Administrator account or find someone who can log onto the computer with an Administrator account, then ask that person for assistance.

Problem

Cannot Initialize Your Own Art Collection - - - Cannot Initialize Your Own Projects Collection

Cannot Initialize Your Own Art or Projects Collection

Art and Art Gallery Thumbnails Do Not Match
- - - Projects and Project Gallery Thumbnails Do Not Match

Solution

When attempting to launch Print Shop, PrintMaster or any other Broderbund program which has an Art Gallery or a Project Gallery, an error message similar to one of the messages above might appear.

This issue can be caused by corruption of either your Art Gallery or your Project Gallery. Deleting the corrupt files will help resolve the issue.

Complete the steps below to resolve the issue.

Windows® XP

Close all open windows and programs to return to the desktop.

1. Click 'Start' and choose 'Run'.
2. Type %HOMEPATH% into the 'Open' field and click 'OK'.
3. Click the 'Tools' menu and choose 'Folder Options' in the window that appears.
4. Select the 'View' tab in the window that opens.
5. Locate the 'Hidden Files and Folders' setting and ensure that there is a mark in the circle next to 'Show Hidden Files And Folders'. If there is no mark, click in that circle to add a mark.
6. Click 'OK' to accept the change.
7. Double-click the 'Local Settings' folder.
8. Double-click the 'Application Data' folder.
9. Double-click the 'Broderbund Software' folder.
10. Double-click the 'Print' folder.
11. Double-click the folder corresponding to the name of the program which generated the error (i.e. Print Shop, PrintMaster, Calendar Creator, ClickArt, Creative Keepsake Scrapbook Designer, etc.).
12. If your program has a version number, double-click the folder corresponding to the version number of that program (i.e: 10.0, 12.0, 18.0, 22.0, 23.0, etc.).
13. Press and hold the CTRL key and click the 'Art' folder, the 'Projects' folder, and the USER.INI file to select these items.
14. Release the CTRL key. The items will remain highlighted.
15. Press the DELETE key on the keyboard to delete the selected items.

NOTE: It is VERY important to keep in mind that when the 'Art' folder and the 'Projects' folder are deleted, the thumbnails for all graphics and projects which had previously been imported into the Art Gallery and Projects Gallery will be deleted. When the program is launched in Step 18 below, the program will find all graphics and projects files that are stored in the My Documents folder (Documents for WinVista & Windows 7). And, a message will be displayed asking if you want to have those graphics and projects imported into the Art Gallery and Projects gallery.

If your graphics and projects are not stored in your My Documents folder, the program will not ask you if you want to import the graphics and projects. Those graphics and projects must then be imported manually.

And, if you are logged onto your computer with a Limited User account when you start the program for the first time after following the directions above, the program will not ask you if you want to import the Projects and Art - because the program expects all users to be logged onto the computer with an Administrator account. So, if you choose to use the program with a Limited User account, those graphics and projects must then be imported manually, as is described below:

A. To import projects, open the Project Gallery, then click on the 'My Projects' tab.
    B. On the My Projects tab, click on 'File' in the menubar, then select 'Import' from the menu that drops down.
    C. Navigate to the folder where the Projects are stored.
    D. Hold down the SHIFT key, click on the first file in the folder, then click on the last file in the folder.
    E. When you see that all files are highlighted, click on the 'Import' button.

A. To import art, open the Art Gallery, then click on the 'My Art & Photos' tab.
    B. On the My Art & Photos tab, click on 'File' in the menubar, then select 'Import' from the menu that drops down.
    C. Navigate to the folder where the Art is stored.
    D. Hold down the SHIFT key, click on the first file in the folder, then click on the last file in the folder.

16. Click Yes if prompted to move any files to the Recycle Bin.
17. Close all open windows, empty the Recycle bin and restart the computer.
18. Launch and use the program.

NOTE: This problem is known to be caused by a corrupt or outdated video card driver. To prevent a re-occurrence of this issue, it is advisable to click on this link

Updating Video Card Driver: 2000/XP/Vista/7/Mac OS X 10.4.0 and later

then follow the directions in that FAQ for updating your video drivers.

Windows® Vista, Windows® 7

1. Close all programs and return to the desktop.
2. Click 'Start'.
3. Select 'All Programs'.
4. Select 'Accessories'.
5. Click on 'RUN'.
6. Type %HOMEPATH% into the 'Open' field and click 'OK'.
7. Click on the 'Organize' menu on the upper left hand side of the screen.
8. Select 'Folder and Search Options'.
9. Select the 'View' tab.
10. Locate the 'Hidden Files and Folders' setting and ensure that there is a mark in the circle next to 'Show Hidden Files And Folders'. If there is no mark, click in that circle to add a mark.
11. Click 'OK' to accept the change.
12. Double-click the 'AppData' folder.
13. Double-click the 'Local' folder.
14. Double-click the 'Broderbund Software' folder.
15. Double-click the 'Print' folder.
16. Double-click the folder corresponding to the name of the program which generated the error (i.e. Print Shop, PrintMaster, Calendar Creator, ClickArt, Creative Keepsake Scrapbook Designer, etc.).
17. If your program has a version number, double-click the folder corresponding to the version number of that program (i.e: 10.0, 12.0, 18.0, 22.0, 23.0, etc.).
18. Press and hold the CTRL key and click the 'Art' folder, the 'Projects' folder, and the USER.INI file to select these items.
19. Release the CTRL key. The items will remain highlighted.
20. Press the DELETE key on the keyboard to delete the selected items.

NOTE: It is VERY important to keep in mind that when the 'Art' folder and the 'Projects' folder are deleted, the thumbnails for all graphics and projects which had previously been imported into the Art Gallery and Projects Gallery will be deleted. When the program is launched in Step 23 below, the program will find all graphics and projects files that are stored in the My Documents folder (Documents for WinVista & Windows 7). And, a message will be displayed asking if you want to have those graphics and projects imported into the Art Gallery and Projects gallery.

If your graphics and projects are not stored in your My Documents folder, the program will not ask you if you want to import the graphics and projects. Those graphics and projects must then be imported manually.

And, if you are logged onto your computer with a Limited User account when you start the program for the first time after following the directions above, the program will not ask you if you want to import the Projects and Art - because the program expects all users to be logged onto the computer with an Administrator account. So, if you choose to use the program with a Limited User account, those graphics and projects must then be imported manually, as is described below:

A. To import projects, open the Project Gallery, then click on the 'My Projects' tab.
    B. On the My Projects tab, click on 'File' in the menubar, then select 'Import' from the menu that drops down.
    C. Navigate to the folder where the Projects are stored.

A. To import art, open the Art Gallery, then click on the 'My Art & Photos' tab.
    B. On the My Art & Photos tab, click on 'File' in the menubar, then select 'Import' from the menu that drops down.
    C. Navigate to the folder where the Art is stored.

21. Click Yes if prompted to move any files to the Recycle Bin.
22. Close all open windows, empty the Recycle bin and restart the computer.
23. Launch and use the program.

NOTE: This problem is known to be caused by a corrupt or outdated video card driver. To prevent a re-occurrence of this issue, it is advisable to click on this link

Updating Video Card Driver: 2000/XP/Vista/7/Mac OS X 10.4.0 and later

then follow the directions in that FAQ for updating your video drivers.

NOTE: The directions above for fixing the "Cannot Initialize Your Own Art or Your Own Projects Collection" problem by deleting the 'Art' folder, the 'Projects' folder and the USER.INI file are intended to be used with only those versions of PrintMaster which were specifically designed for WinXP.

For older versions of PrintMaster, such as PrintMaster 7, which was specifically designed to install user data in the USER00* folders (i.e. USER001, USER002, USER003, etc.), the 'Art' folder, the 'Projects' folder and the USER.INI file will be stored in different folders.

For example, for PrintMaster 7 on WinXP, the 'Art' folder, the 'Projects' folder and the USER.INI file might be stored in this folder

C:\Program Files\Mindscape\PrintMaster\USER001

For PrintMaster 7 on Windows 7, the 'Art' folder, the 'Projects' folder and the USER.INI file might be stored in this folder

C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Broderbund\PrintMaster\USER001

So, if you experience the "Cannot Initialize Your Own Art or Your Own Projects Collection" problem with an older Broderbund product, and if you don't find the 'Art' folder, the 'Projects' folder and the USER.INI file in the designated folder, the easiest thing to do might be to search the hard drive for the USER.ini file. Once you find the user.ini file, you should be able to find the the 'Art' folder and the 'Projects' folder.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 4/27/2012 12:26:30 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer] >> General Functionality >> Cannot Initialize Your Own Art or Your Own Projects Collection Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4