Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Printed project is fuzzy

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 2.0 >> Printed project is fuzzy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Printed project is fuzzy - 3/30/2010 1:59:39 PM   
Wendybrass

I'm a little confused. I take large file photos to create feature sheets. I had to reduce the size of my photos to import them to the project gallery, however I still kept them quite large. When I printed the project ever image is fuzzy and looks like poor quality. Am I doing something wrong?

I have been using PrintShop for years and never encountered this problem in any of the other versions.
Post #: 1
RE: Printed project is fuzzy - 3/30/2010 4:53:04 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wendybrass
I had to reduce the size of my photos to import them to the project gallery, however I still kept them quite large. When I printed the project... looks like poor quality.

I have compared the printed results of my high res JPG (2848x2136 pixels 2.6 MB), printed from PS2.0 vs printed from Windows Photo Printing Wizard. No edits, 8x10 size both times, identical print setups.

I am surprised at the noticeable difference in quality! The PS2.0 print shows pixelation whereas the other does not. I can only conclude that PS2.0 cannot maintain the quality of the photo.

In many different applications, dragging the corners to size a picture to fit the page can sometimes cause distortion, but I can usually avoid this by scaling a picture by inputting numbers in an "edit size box". I cannot find such a thing in PS2.0.

The previous versions of PS, I would have to say, are superior in regards to precise sizing and printing quality.

(in reply to Wendybrass)
Post #: 2
RE: Printed project is fuzzy - 9/16/2011 10:25:37 PM   
lindarobin

Here is a visual test result.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 2.0 >> Printed project is fuzzy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4