Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

New to Printshop and having troubles....

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> New to Printshop and having troubles.... Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New to Printshop and having troubles.... - 9/28/2012 8:05:22 PM   
sallyanne

Hello Group,
Hoping that someone can help me with my problem. I just purchased Printshop pro 3.0 Deluxe and have used similiar software, I am trying to design and invitation, and making it from scratch, my invite is going to be 4x6 and I have done all the necessary things but I decide to do a print preview and my invite I have designed I want in landscape but when i do a print preview its in portrait and half of my work is cut off, I have no idea of how to fix this . HELP!!
Post #: 1
RE: New to Printshop and having troubles.... - 9/28/2012 8:30:53 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi sallyanne,

First, I feel that I should mention that Print Shop 3.0 is not a true upgrade of any previous version of Print Shop. Instead, Print Shop 3.0 is a completely redesigned product which works in an entirely different manner than all earlier versions of Print Shop - even Print Shop 2.0.

If you ever decide that Print Shop 3.0 does not suit your needs, you will most definitely want to keep in mind that if you purchased Print Shop 3.0 from a retail store within the last 90 days or from broderbund.com or encore.com within the last 30 days, you are eligible for a refund - even after the software has been opened and installed.

Please click on the link below

http://support.encore.com/customerservice/refunds.aspx

to check out the Refund Policy.

Second, as to your problem with the Print Preview, there is, I'm afraid, no fix for that problem - even if you are using either Print Shop 3.0.5 or 3.0.6. However, if you will print your project in the normal manner - by clicking on the 'Home' tab, then clicking on the 'Print' icon (DO NOT click on the 'Print' option while you are viewing the Print Preview) - you should see that the project will print correctly in landscape orientation.

If the project does not print correctly in landscape orientation, that would indicate that you might not be using the latest version of Print Shop 3.0. To check that for yourself, please do this:

a. Click on the down arrow next to the word 'Help' in the upper right hand corner of the page.

b. When the menu drops down, select 'Preferences.

c. When the Preferences window opens, click on the 'About' tab.

d. Check the version number on the 'About' tab.

If you see that the version number is NOT either 3.0.5 or 3.0.6, please click on the link below

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=44058

to view the information in the "Update on 3.0.5 patch & Money Back Guarantee" pinned item.

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to sallyanne)
Post #: 2
RE: New to Printshop and having troubles.... - 9/28/2012 8:51:37 PM   
sallyanne

Thanks so much for the infomation, I have been trying to see what I was doing wrong. I seem to like this software so far but love to be able to look at the print preview but oh well. I do see an update for the deluxe 3.0, is that advisable? Thanks so much for your fast response.

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 3
RE: New to Printshop and having troubles.... - 9/28/2012 8:57:08 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi sallyanne,

As I mentioned in my first reply, the first thing you should do is determine exactly which version of Print Shop 3.0 you are using - by doing this:

a. Click on the down arrow next to the word 'Help' in the upper right hand corner of the page.

If you see that the version number is NOT either 3.0.5 or 3.0.6, please click on the link below

to view the information in the "Update on 3.0.5 patch & Money Back Guarantee" pinned item.

However, if you see that the version number is either 3.0.5 or 3.0.6, you are already using the latest version - because, as is stated in that "Update on 3.0.5 patch & Money Back Guarantee" pinned item, there is no difference between the 3.0.6.0 version and the 3.0.5.0 version

For More Help:

(in reply to sallyanne)
Post #: 4
RE: New to Printshop and having troubles.... - 9/28/2012 10:30:32 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: sallyanne
...I seem to like this software so far but love to be able to look at the print preview but oh well.

Even though the print preview is wonky, you can simulate an accurate print preview by doing a save as PDF (in the home tab). Viewing the PDF lets you see how your project will print before you commit to using ink and paper. The PDF will appear fuzzy because the best setting is only 150 dpi, so I do not recommend you print this PDF. Only use it for print previewing.

(in reply to sallyanne)
Post #: 5
RE: New to Printshop and having troubles.... - 9/29/2012 7:26:26 AM   
sallyanne

Good Morning,
I saved my project as a PDF and the same thing happens the project is only half showing the same as in print preview, if I save it in JPEG it works, the only thing is I need the project saved as a PDF file. Any suggestion. Thanks. :-)

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 6
RE: New to Printshop and having troubles.... - 9/29/2012 11:15:36 AM   
lindarobin

quote:

... I saved my project as a PDF and the same thing happens the project is only half showing the same as in print preview...

That should not happen if you updated to version 3.0.5 or 3.0.6. Please confirm your version number (see post #2).

I tested a few ready-made templates and the Save As PDF worked OK, so I erroneously assumed all was fine. Then I did a start from scratch sign 4x6 landscape project and the Save As PDF cut off the sides.

However, when I used my Corel PDF Fusion program, it created a perfect PDF from the project.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 9/29/2012 12:10:08 PM >

(in reply to sallyanne)
Post #: 7
RE: New to Printshop and having troubles.... - 9/29/2012 11:55:59 AM   
lindarobin

quote:

... if I save it in JPEG it works, the only thing is I need the project saved as a PDF file.

Do you need a PDF file because you want it professionally printed? If so, PDF files created using the Save As PDF function are not sufficiently high quality to produce high quality prints.

However, the 300 dpi highest quality setting for creating the JPG is good for professional quality printing. Any printing store can work with your JPG. In fact, this JPG is suitable for uploading to online photolabs, provided you leave a safety margin around the sides of your 4x6.

(in reply to sallyanne)
Post #: 8
RE: New to Printshop and having troubles.... - 9/29/2012 12:14:13 PM   
Brandy redux

quote:

you can simulate an accurate print preview by doing a save as PDF (in the home tab). Viewing the PDF lets you see how your project will print before you commit to using ink and paper

I tested a few ready-made templates and the Save As PDF worked OK, so I erroneously assumed all was fine. Then I did a start from scratch sign 4x6 landscape project and the Save As PDF cut off the sides.

When I create a 'Create from Scratch' project in Landscape orientation with 3.0.6, then select 'Save as PDF', that project is both displayed and printed in Landscape orientation - in both Adobe Reader and PDF Fusion - but the text and graphics are not correctly positioned on the page.

And, the same thing happens for me when I select 'Save as PDF' for a ready-made project, as can be seen in the image below.

The same projects print correctly in Landscape orientation when they are saved in the normal manner.

So, it would appear that the 3.0.5/3.0.6 patch fixed the portrait/landscape problem only with projects which are intended to be printed.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 9/29/2012 12:58:19 PM >

For More Help:

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 9
RE: New to Printshop and having troubles.... - 9/29/2012 2:48:30 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brandy redux
...If you are able to discover a solution/workaround for this problem, I will edit the note in the "Update on 3.0.5 patch & Money Back Guarantee" pinned item to reflect that solution/workaround.

A workaround for using the Save As PDF with landscape projects:

1. group everything and rotate 90 degrees
  2. under the Project tab, change the orientation to Portrait
  3. reposition/center the group

Now you can do a Save As PDF and nothing gets cut off.

Note:
The resulting PDF is not high quality and should not be sent for professional printing.

For a professional quality PDF, Corel PDF Fusion delivers. No workaround is required. All my test results with Corel PDF Fusion were perfect. i.e. perfect alignment and sharp text

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 9/29/2012 3:01:40 PM >
Post #: 10
RE: New to Printshop and having troubles.... - 9/29/2012 2:59:16 PM   
Brandy redux

quote:

For a professional quality PDF, Corel PDF Fusion delivers. No workaround is required. All my test results with Corel PDF Fusion were perfect. i.e. perfect alignment and sharp text

As I said earlier in this discussion, "When I create a 'Create from Scratch' project in Landscape orientation with 3.0.6, then select 'Save as PDF', that project is both displayed and printed in Landscape orientation - in both Adobe Reader and PDF Fusion - but the text and graphics are not correctly positioned on the page. And, the same thing happens for me when I select 'Save as PDF' for a ready-made project, as can be seen in the image below."

So, I would have to wonder why I am experiencing this problem and you are not.

For More Help:

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 11
RE: New to Printshop and having troubles.... - 9/29/2012 3:09:56 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brandy redux
So, I would have to wonder why I am experiencing this problem and you are not.

I have done many PS 3.0 projects and used Corel PDF Fusion. I am not experiencing any alignment problems. I do not know why your results are different.

Post #: 12
RE: New to Printshop and having troubles.... - 9/29/2012 3:20:13 PM   
Brandy redux

quote:

A workaround for using the Save As PDF with landscape projects:

group everything and rotate 90 degrees
under the Project tab, change the orientation to Portrait
reposition/center the group

Now you can do a Save As PDF and nothing gets cut off.

I was able to successfully use that workaround. However, I discovered that, since backgrounds cannot be selected for grouping, it might be preferable to Clear the background before grouping the image, then re-create the background after grouping everything and changing the orientation.

quote:

I have done many PS 3.0 projects and used Corel PDF Fusion. I am not experiencing any alignment problems. I do not know why your results are different.

Since we are seeing different things ONLY with PDF Fusion, that would indicate that the problem might be related to our settings with PDF Fusion. However, since the EXACT same file is opened in both Adobe Reader and PDF Fusion - but you are seeing different results when you open the file in PDF Fusion than when you open the file in Adobe Reader - the only way that would make any sense is if you are Printing to the Corel PDF Creator driver INSTEAD OF using the 'Save as PDF' option, as is described in this FAQ

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=40319&mpage=1&key=鵿

UPDATE: Since I was able to correctly create a *.pdf after opening a ready-made landscape Certificate, then selecting to Print the project to the Cute PDF Driver INSTEAD OF using the 'Save as PDF' option - and without grouping/rotating or editing the project in any way - I'd have to say that the easiest solution/workaround would be to simply print to an alternate PDF driver. And, since the Cute PDF driver is FREE - while Corel PDF Creator retails for $69.99 at Broderbund.com - I would recommend using Cute PDF Driver as the alternate.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 10/1/2012 11:46:28 PM >

For More Help:

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 13
RE: New to Printshop and having troubles.... - 9/29/2012 6:45:31 PM   
sallyanne

Thank you for all the replys and I did however save my project i created as a jpeg and saved it on my desktop, I then closed my program, later I reopened the Printshop and opened my project which i saved earlier and the landscape was saved as a portrait.
I wanted to send my project to a friend via email and that didnt work. I have no idea of waht is wrong, I have upgraded, but still not working, also is the printshop 2 any better than printshop3??
Post #: 14
RE: New to Printshop and having troubles.... - 9/29/2012 7:20:29 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

... I wanted to send my project to a friend via email and that didnt work.

Did you try to send the jpg? or the Print Shop project file (which can only be opened with the Print Shop 3.0 program).

(in reply to sallyanne)
Post #: 15
RE: New to Printshop and having troubles.... - 9/29/2012 7:20:41 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi sallyanne,

As to where you said this:

"Thank you for all the replys and I did however save my project i created as a jpeg and saved it on my desktop, I then closed my program, later I reopened the Printshop and opened my project which i saved earlier and the landscape was saved as a portrait."

When a project opens in Portrait orientation after having been saved in Landscape orientation, that is a known problem with the earlier versions of Print Shop.

So, if you want to work around the problem, your only option would be to do as I recommended earlier:

However, as to where you said this:

"is the printshop 2 any better than printshop3??"

No, in my opinion, Print Shop 2 is not better than Print Shop 3. I am of the opinion that you would be lots happier with Print Shop 23, which can be purchased here

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dsoftware&field-keywords=Print+Shop+23

And, if you will click on the link below

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=37888

you will see that Print Shop 23 can be installed on even a 64-bit version of Windows 7.

And, last but not least, please do keep in mind what I said in my first reply in this discussion:

If you ever decide that Print Shop 3.0 does not suit your needs, you will most definitely want to keep in mind that if you purchased Print Shop 3.0 from a retail store within the last 90 days or from broderbund.com or encore.com within the last 30 days, you are eligible for a refund - even after the software has been opened and installed.

Please click on the link below

http://support.encore.com/customerservice/refunds.aspx

to check out the Refund Policy.

For More Help:

(in reply to sallyanne)
Post #: 16
RE: New to Printshop and having troubles.... - 9/29/2012 8:12:00 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi again sallyanne,

One additional thought as to where you said this:

"Thank you for all the replys and I did however save my project i created as a jpeg and saved it on my desktop, I then closed my program, later I reopened the Printshop and opened my project which i saved earlier and the landscape was saved as a portrait."

and this:

"I wanted to send my project to a friend via email and that didnt work."

As I have indicated several times in this discussion, I suspect that the problems you are experiencing are due to the fact that you are not using the most recent version of Print Shop (3.05 or 3.0.6).

However, I have confirmed that, when a Landscape project is 'created as a jpeg' by clicking on the 'Save as JPEG' option on the Print Shop 3.0 'Home' tab - with any version of Print Shop 3.0 - that JPEG should be saved as a Landscape project. And, you should be able to send that JPEG as an attachment via email to your friend.

It is, very important to keep in mind that the project MUST be sent as an attachment - NOT as part of the actual email.

AND, if you try to send the actual Print Shop 3.0 file (which is an *.PSproj file), your friend will not be able to view that *.PSproj file unless your friend also has Print Shop 3.0 installed.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 10/1/2012 11:47:47 PM >

For More Help:

Post #: 17
RE: New to Printshop and having troubles.... - 9/29/2012 8:25:21 PM   
sallyanne

yes I can send the jpeg no problem, just thought i could send it thru the program. Thanks. :0)

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 18
RE: New to Printshop and having troubles.... - 9/29/2012 9:11:45 PM   
lindarobin

You're welcome. Does the jpeg complete your 4x6 invitation or do you need more?

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 9/29/2012 9:12:06 PM >

(in reply to sallyanne)
Post #: 19
RE: New to Printshop and having troubles.... - 10/9/2012 9:18:02 AM   
sallyanne

The invite is beautiful only the picture is fuzzy. :0( and i cant purchase printshop 23.1, I have to buy it online and i need it today. ahahah

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> New to Printshop and having troubles.... Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4