Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Importing large resolution photos to projects.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> Importing large resolution photos to projects. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Importing large resolution photos to projects. - 10/3/2013 6:00:10 PM   
photogram

I have just purchased Photo Shop 3.5 and downloaded it. I am using Windows 8. I formerly used Print Shop 2.0 with Windows XP. My problem is that when I try to import 16mp photos taken with my camera, they will appear in my image tray, but when I try to add them to my project I am limited to three, sometimes 4 pictures, in a project. I am told that my project requires too much memory to proceed. Using PS 2.0 in XP I could import and edit as many as 10 -12 photos. Can someone suggest a solution for this problem? I upgraded to PS 3.5 thinking that it would be more compatible with Windows 8.

In addition to being limited to 3 or 4 photos per project, when I tried to print the project, a box appeared saying that "the project could not be rendered." I tried saving as a jpeg and a pdf, but with the same result when I tried to print. I would appreciate some insights and suggestions as to how I might solve these problems.
Post #: 1
RE: Importing large resolution photos to projects. - 10/3/2013 7:40:36 PM   
ellengard

16 MP photos are super-overkill size unless you plan to print each one at 11x14 inches. If you want to make a photo collage using a dozen photos and each photo is 16 MP, I have no doubt that the collective file size will crash the program. (Probably most programs, not just Print Shop.)

Crop and downsample your photos and bring these copies into Print Shop. Win8 probably has a photo-editing program that can make resized copies of your photos. (Win 7 has Windows Live Photo Gallery) As an approximation, a 2 MP photo prints very well at 4x5 size. So nine such photos would give you up to a 12x15 inch collage poster.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 10/3/2013 7:48:50 PM >

(in reply to photogram)
Post #: 2
RE: Importing large resolution photos to projects. - 10/3/2013 8:00:50 PM   
JasonC

quote:

ORIGINAL: ellengard

16 MP photos are super-overkill size unless you plan to print each one at 11x14 inches. If you want to make a photo collage using a dozen photos and each photo is 16 MP, I have no doubt that the collective file size will crash the program. (Probably most programs, not just Print Shop.)

Crop and downsample your photos and bring these copies into Print Shop. Win8 probably has a photo-editing program that can make resized copies of your photos. (Win 7 has Windows Live Photo Gallery) As an approximation, a 2 MP photo prints very well at 4x5 size. So nine such photos would give you up to a 12x15 inch collage poster.

Fast Stone Image resizer is what I use to resize those photos and shrink them down filesize. Its free and works super great.

Here is the link http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> Importing large resolution photos to projects. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4