Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Printer issue Q + Loss of projects if I uninstall PM 2012?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2012 >> Printer issue Q + Loss of projects if I uninstall PM 2012? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Printer issue Q + Loss of projects if I uninstall PM 2012? - 1/29/2013 10:25:13 AM   
PrintNovice

I am having the most difficult time with a project. I created one project fairly easily and successfully, about 2 weeks ago. I wanted to create a different project but using the same format, so I opened the first project, saved it as a newly titled project, and went from there. However, when I go to print this new project, it is not printing correctly.

The project was done on the quarter-fold greeting card format. It was to be two-sided, with me manually printing side two. The completed project was actually an 8-page mini-booklet printed onto cardstock.

This new project was meant to be a different 8-page mini-booklet, two-sided (also manually printing side 2), but on plain paper.

What's happening when I print, however, is all 4 greeting-card pages appear on 1 page in a quarter-fold format, that is, all 4 pages are downsized so that they all fit onto a quarter of the page. I have tried resizing and recategorizing the project type/size, I've tried different "sheets per page" numbers, I've tried selecting different types of paper. I don't know what else to try.

I really expected that the PM 2012 would simply be an even better version than the PM software I previously used. I only bought the PM 2012 because I had to get a new laptop and it runs on Windows 8 and I did not think that the older PM version would be compatible.

I am very disappointed with the new PM 2012. There are so many differences that I really don't like it. There's no freehand crop tool. You can't move an item off of your canvas and still have it to work with. The image search is completely different and it is very frustrating to work with. There's no "coloring book" effect option.

The whole "Save" and "Save As" functions are weird. Why do I save a project as a folder? Why can't I create a folder for all images associated with one project, and have each image or page or sub-project be saved as a different file, rather than as folders?

Also, the print-preview is not accurate. I tried to print an image as a sign and print-preview displayed the full image, but upon printing, I discovered that part of the image was cut off.

I've seen the posts here and I have considered requesting a refund, but if I uninstall the software, will my previous projects also be lost?
Post #: 1
RE: Printer issue Q + Loss of projects if I uninstall P... - 1/29/2013 11:21:06 AM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: PrintNovice
The project was done on the quarter-fold greeting card format... 8-page mini-booklet, two-sided ...

... when I print, however, is all 4 greeting-card pages appear on 1 page in a quarter-fold format, that is, all 4 pages are downsized so that they all fit onto a quarter of the page.

When you print, make sure only four pages are checked for printing at any one time. Those four pages will print on one sheet, properly sized. Reinsert the sheet and check only the next four pages.

(in reply to PrintNovice)
Post #: 2
RE: Printer issue Q + Loss of projects if I uninstall P... - 1/29/2013 11:32:12 AM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: PrintNovice
Why do I save a project as a folder? Why can't I create a folder for all images associated with one project, and have each image or page or sub-project be saved as a different file, rather than as folders?

Each project is saved into its own folder. Within that folder are sub-folders, one of which contains all the images. That's just how PM2012 organizes the files associated with a project.

quote:

Also, the print-preview is not accurate. I tried to print an image as a sign and print-preview displayed the full image, but upon printing, I discovered that part of the image was cut off.

Yes, please see this thread for a work-around:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=42861

Post #: 3
RE: Printer issue Q + Loss of projects if I uninstall P... - 1/29/2013 11:48:29 AM   
ellengard

quote:

I have considered requesting a refund, but if I uninstall the software, will my previous projects also be lost?

The Printmaster 2012 projects can only be opened in Printmaster 2012 and Printmaster 2013 (aka 5.0). If you request a refund, you can export your work as JPGs to be used in other programs. Also, you can print your projects to a PDF writer so that you will have the PDFs for future printing.

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2012 >> Printer issue Q + Loss of projects if I uninstall PM 2012? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4