Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Several problems

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Several problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Several problems - 1/4/2013 3:22:24 PM   
Pat49

I installed Calendar 12.1 Deluxe from 10.0. Problem 1 the program when installed did not ask me to resister the producet. Problem 2 when I open up the art and My photo areas they both act the same. When looking in each folder like Christmas there is no clip art. When I go to bottom and enter Christamas in the search and click go then the clip art appears. Some of the clip are will import into the calandar and some will not. The same thing happens in My pictures tab when it imports a picture into the folder it says nothing matches your search. When I go down to the bottom and enter the name of the picture that was imported it shows up and will import into the calander. Problem 2A When I do get the clip art to be seen in the folders there are online clip art that will not downlaod.

When installing the program I made sure that the check marks for the different types of calanders and clip art were check so it did a complete intall. The different calanders were installed and I can find them on the install disc but I can not find any clip art located any where on the install disk.

When I close and reopen the program I have to do the steps all over again.

Problem 3 When I first open the program from the short cut on the desk top I get an error saying that the publisher is unknown. This happened under version 10.0 when there were problems with the install. This went away when I reinstalled the program the second time and there were no install problems.

Problem 4. On the main task area under Help and Tec Support when I try to get to the Hits and tips web page is comes up as page not found. The other areas to get help from other web pages are also errored as page not found. I can click on the globe and get to the main page but nothing else.

Is it possible that I was sent a faulty Install Disc?

These are the main problems that I have and would like to know if they can be fixed so I do not have to write all the files down to recover them in the program. Something somewhere is not right. In version 10.0 it all worked OK.

Thanks Pat
Post #: 1
RE: Several problems - 1/4/2013 4:31:04 PM   
ellengard

I think you have a corrupt installation. This thread will give you important info regarding "clean install" and "complete install".

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=40260

(in reply to Pat49)
Post #: 2
RE: Several problems - 1/4/2013 6:27:56 PM   
Pat49

Thanks for the help!! I did the clean install and the program installed alot better. I can see the clip art and pictures that I imported just fine. In regards to the web pages and down loading the pictures in the folders off the internet the still do not work. So possibley they are having problems connecting the internet to the program in some areas.

Now for one possible problem. The Moon Phases to not show up as words or pictures. I have that catagory checked to have them in the calandar. I set the overflow to let it happed. What else can I do?

Thanks Pat

< Message edited by Pat49 -- 1/4/2013 6:30:01 PM >

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: Several problems - 1/4/2013 6:54:26 PM   
DEJenc3

quote:

Now for one possible problem. The Moon Phases to not show up as words or pictures. I have that catagory checked to have them in the calandar. I set the overflow to let it happed. What else can I do?

The absence of moon phases is a shortcoming in the file currently in Calendar Creator, which does not extend the repeated events past 2010. If you have the moon phases in your categories, you'll probably find that if you go back to a month in 2010 or earlier, you'll see them (as text only). Perhaps an update will be provided at some point.

David

(in reply to Pat49)
Post #: 4
RE: Several problems - 1/4/2013 7:08:29 PM   
ellengard

Hints and Tips should take you to this web page:
http://www.broderbund.com/c-26-support.aspx

Save it in your bookmarks if it looks useful to you.

Adding pictures from the Art Gallery: images that say available online are downloading fine for me right now. Possibly, your anti-virus or firewall programs are preventing access?

As for the moon phases, hopefully someone can provide you with that bcc file.

(in reply to Pat49)
Post #: 5
RE: Several problems - 1/5/2013 8:38:24 AM   
Pat49

I checked my ativiurs and software setting and found an area of settings of files that have permission to send and receive information. My question is what is the name of the file that I should be looking for or the name of the trusted website to use in these settings. I do see the folder called Broaderbund and a file by the name of PERPLUG.EXE and ERG32.EXE. There were other folders by the name of Riverdeep Interactive learning and it listed Calander Creater 12, under Broaderbund Properties it listed Creater 10, under broaderbund software it listed setup.exe.

Hopefullly they will correct ths flaw of the moon phases with somekind of update. Help that I have been receiving has been helpfull and easy to understand and do.

I have set the calander 10 setting to block and have not tried the program or restarted the computer since changing the setting and will be doing that shortly so maybe changing that setting will help.

Thanks Pat

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 6
RE: Several problems - 1/5/2013 12:27:34 PM   
SamCW04

If you installed Calendar Creator 12.1 without first uninstalling Calendar Creator 10, that might be what is causing your problem, especially if you installed Calendar Creator 12.1 in the same folder with Calendar Creator 10. Calendar Creator is like the older versions of PrintMaster and PrintShop, in that they expect the older version to be uninstalled before the newer version is installed.

While there was a time when software problems could be solved by tweaking individual files, doing so is not advisable with the newer Operating Systems. The key to dealing with problems with the online Art Gallery images can be found here

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=24120&mpage=1&key=常

(in reply to Pat49)
Post #: 7
RE: Several problems - 1/5/2013 1:05:19 PM   
SamCW04

If you do have both CC10 and CC12.1 installed, the best way to deal with that problem is to uninstall both programs then reinstall only CC 12.1. Better yet, you might want to perform a thorough uninstall, then a computer cleanup before a reinstall of CC 10, similar to what is recommended here

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=41214&mpage=1&key=ꃾ

The thorough uninstall and computer cleanup are commonly recommended to ensure that all corruption is removed before the reinstall.

(in reply to SamCW04)
Post #: 8
RE: Several problems - 1/5/2013 3:14:11 PM   
SamCW04

quote:

before a reinstall of CC 10

What I intended to say was "before a reinstall of CC 12.1"

< Message edited by SamCW04 -- 1/5/2013 3:15:43 PM >

(in reply to SamCW04)
Post #: 9
RE: phases of the moon - 1/6/2013 5:54:13 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pat49
The Moon Phases do not show up as words or pictures.

The moon phases file has not been updated for years. My copy of CC only has moon phases up to 2005. So I looked up the moon phases for 2013 - 2014 and made my own calendar showing the dates when the full moon occurs.

You can download my file from my web site. Click my signature link below, then click the downloads link in the nav bar.

(in reply to Pat49)
Post #: 10
RE: phases of the moon - 1/7/2013 7:19:13 AM   
Pat49

Thanks for the tip on the moon phases. I have down loaded your file and looked at the moon phase web page which was very interesting to look at. I did not know that such a web page was ever made.

Thanks again!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 11
RE: phases of the moon - 1/7/2013 8:34:14 AM   
FixitMAD

Hello,

I got my updated Phases of the Moon (Text description) update from Forum Moderator/ User Brandy redux back in 2010 for years 2011 and later calendars. Hopefully Brandy can still provide this otherwise I might be able to send the file but not directly to this forum I think.

< Message edited by FixitMAD -- 1/7/2013 8:46:06 AM >

--
FixitMAD

(in reply to Pat49)
Post #: 12
RE: phases of the moon - 1/8/2013 3:29:33 PM   
ellengard

I updated my calendar creator file to include full moon and new moon for the 2013 - 2014. Both text and graphics appear. Feel free to go to my website and download the new file.

(in reply to Pat49)
Post #: 13
RE: phases of the moon - 1/9/2013 7:42:00 AM   
Pat49

Thanks for all the help in regards to the moon phases. I have downloaded all of the three files.

Thanks
Pat49

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 14
RE: phases of the moon - 4/3/2013 12:25:49 PM   
DEJenc3

For those interested in an updated moon phases event list, please see this post:

http://forums.encoreusa.com/fb.asp?m=46481

This will let you add updated moon phases beyond 2010.

David

(in reply to Pat49)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Several problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4