Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Several issues with PM 2012 Platinum RE Printing & Alignment

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2012 >> Several issues with PM 2012 Platinum RE Printing & Alignment Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Several issues with PM 2012 Platinum RE Printing & Alig... - 3/25/2013 5:24:04 PM   
melissasraja

Hi everyone. Im hoping someone can help me as the support is not very supportive. Ive used PM products for many years and never had an issue until now. I just downloaded PM 2012 Platinum yesterday and so far my two main issues are:

1) I cannot align anything (pics, clipart, text, nothing) to top, middle, bottom, right, left, center. Not at all. I select it and those options on the align menu are grey and cannot be clicked. How can I fix this?

2) When I print a poster/sign I get a massive white border/margin around the whole page. It doesn't show on the print preview. So basically Im stuck going back to my project and trying to move things around to make them fit with this box. Im losing around 1/2 inch on all 4 sides. Any idea how to fix it? I tried borderless printing and that didn't work.

Im hoping someone here has some answers. Thanks.

Melissa
Post #: 1
RE: Several issues with PM 2012 Platinum RE Printing & ... - 3/25/2013 6:01:31 PM   
ellengard

Re: Margins
File | Print Setup... brings up the Page Setup box. Change the margins to 0,0,0,0.

Re: Aligning objects
You must select more than one object so that the program can align their tops (or their bottoms, or their left sides, etc.) Drag your mouse from upper left to lower right, to select multiple items.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 3/25/2013 6:05:07 PM >

(in reply to melissasraja)
Post #: 2
RE: Several issues with PM 2012 Platinum RE Printing & ... - 3/25/2013 6:11:23 PM   
melissasraja

I adjust my margins to 0 but they revert back to default.

Can I align 1 pic to the top of page? Or left of page? You could do that in old PM.

Thanks for the help.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: Several issues with PM 2012 Platinum RE Printing & ... - 3/25/2013 7:41:44 PM   
ellengard

They revert to the closest they can get to 0.

The old PM had "Layout | Position" and it included more options. In PM2012, if you want an object to be at the top, left, do this:

Right-click the object. In the Object Settings Box, change the X,Y co-ordinates to 0,0.

PM2012 does not try to be like the old PM. The two programs were developed separately with no intention to be compatible with each other.

(in reply to melissasraja)
Post #: 4
RE: Several issues with PM 2012 Platinum RE Printing & ... - 3/25/2013 7:46:04 PM   
ellengard

It may help to use the Advanced Print Options and check Crop image to fill area.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: Several issues with PM 2012 Platinum RE Printing & ... - 3/25/2013 8:44:25 PM   
moonrise

quote:

I adjust my margins to 0 but they revert back to default.

If you are using a printer with a borderless option, that option must be selected before you set the PM 2012 margins to 0. If the borderless option is not selected before you set the PM 2012 margins to 0, the margins will automatically revert to the minimum allowable margins which are built into the printer.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2012 >> Several issues with PM 2012 Platinum RE Printing & Alignment Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4