Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

downloading template from online printing company site to create a business banner

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality >> downloading template from online printing company site to create a business banner Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
downloading template from online printing company site ... - 9/27/2010 6:55:45 PM   
timelesspresents

Can anyone walk me through how to download a 3'x8' banner template from a online printing company's site into PrintMaster Platinum 18 so that I can design a business banner for them to print for me? It would be in jpg form. If you don't mind, step by step instructions for dummies would be appreciated....I'm somewhat tech challenged..

thanks in advance
Post #: 1
RE: downloading template from online printing company s... - 9/27/2010 9:53:33 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: timelesspresents
... how to download a 3'x8' banner template from a online printing company's site into PrintMaster Platinum 18 so that I can design a business banner for them to print for me? It would be in jpg form.

"Outside" templates cannot be imported to PrintMaster. However, if all they need is a big, high resolution JPG file, that can be done. First, you need to set your printer to the PDF printer in order to allow you to create a blank page project of dimensions 3' x 8'.

Once you have this custom size project opened, add your design elements then export the project as JPG, choosing 300 dpi.

Please post back if you have further questions.

(in reply to timelesspresents)
Post #: 2
RE: downloading template from online printing company s... - 9/27/2010 10:44:26 PM   
ellengard

Actually, I ran into a problem with that size - seems it's too big for PrintMaster to handle. So it would be better to choose the max size the program can handle that is the same proportion as 3 to 8 and save it at the highest dpi possible for printing.

Post #: 3
RE: downloading template from online printing company s... - 9/28/2010 6:02:44 AM   
timelesspresents

I'm still pretty new to using PrintMaster and honestly don't know how to do any of what you suggest. Can you tell me how to do these things? For some reason, this printing company only has downloads for photoshop, illustrator and as pdf and unlike other online printing companies, they do not seem to offer a design center online to work with. Once you download the template (which it seems I can't do and work with it in PM18) you create your design and then upload the finished design back to them for printing. So if I can create my own version of their template, that would be great (and hopefully they accept it). So can you tell me, step by step, how to create a template of my own? I've played with the existing banner template in PM but it just doesn't work out. Any advice or instruction is appreciated.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 4
RE: downloading template from online printing company s... - 9/28/2010 1:00:07 PM   
ellengard

quote:

... this printing company only has downloads for photoshop, illustrator and as pdf and unlike other online printing companies, they do not seem to offer a design center online to work with. ... can you tell me, step by step, how to create a template of my own?

I am familiar with those larger companies as I deal with some of them from my smaller copy shop. We all design with Adobe Photo Shop and Illustrator as those are the industry standards for creating quality raster and vector graphics.

For a 36" x 96" banner, I'm afraid there really isn't any way to do that with PrintMaster. If you can describe what you want on your banner, I can advise you on how to proceed. If it's just text and a vector image on a solid color background, no problem. If it's 36" tall photos, you're going to have a resolution problem no matter what program you acquire.

Post #: 5
RE: downloading template from online printing company s... - 9/28/2010 4:13:44 PM   
ellengard

The printing company wants a PDF from you that is ready to print as is, with embedded fonts and vector graphics so that no matter how big the print, everything is scalable and therefore stays sharp and in focus.

JPG images are not scalable and their print quality degrades the more you stretch them.

If your computer resources are sufficient to create a super high res JPG of 3' x 8', you are probably looking at a file size over 300 MB. My computer would freeze.

To produce a quality banner, you need to create a PDF with embedded fonts and vector images.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 10/15/2010 11:31:20 PM >

Post #: 6
RE: downloading template from online printing company s... - 9/28/2010 6:55:30 PM   
timelesspresents

Thank you so very much for your explanations. They have helped me understand the whats and whys of this dilemma. I did some calling around to local shops and found one who is willing to work with me from my home printed rendition of what I am wanting (just colored background and text - no pics, no logos). Most shops printing companies areound here wanted a disc with the finished work so they could just insert and print. Pretty much the same dillema s theonline company. This one has a designer that will sit with me and work through the design on their machines and software to get as close to what I have in mind as possible. It will cost me 3X as much as the online company but be alot fewer headaches in the long run. I do sincerely appreciate you sharing your knowledge and expertise with me. It helped me make a decision as to what to do.

Post #: 7
RE: downloading template from online printing company s... - 9/28/2010 11:27:12 PM   
ellengard

quote:

...I did some calling around to local shops and found one who is willing to work with me from my home printed rendition of what I am wanting... has a designer that will sit with me and work through the design on their machines and software...

On-line printing companies are good in that they can offer low prices, but they do require a completed print design in order to reduce their labor costs. I'm glad you found a designer and company you can work with, face-to-face.

Post #: 8
RE: downloading template from online printing company s... - 6/21/2013 11:49:52 PM   
wayne98

I think I know the company that created logo/images/graphics/screen printing and designing. And I recommended you to follow the link and you can also get a logo/images/graphics and printing services. Just a step ahead of you.

links removed for spam

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 6/22/2013 10:44:12 AM >

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality >> downloading template from online printing company site to create a business banner Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4