Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

worst print shop ever

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> worst print shop ever Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
worst print shop ever - 7/4/2013 10:22:19 PM   
CHub

When i recently updated to a windows 8 computer i knew i would probably have to get a new Print Shop.

The template selections in totally unacceptable. To have to Manually type in the details for every single label i use but one is absolutely ridiculous. to not have a basic 2x4 shipping label that is available at each and every store that sells labels is just wrong. tried to type in the info needed to print the label to no success unless i print the first column then turn everything and print the second column because when printing both at the same time no matter what i do parts the second column is missing.

No matter what i try to set the print settings on i get the fuzziest, blurriest prints i have seen since my old dot matrix printer.

Now if you will excuse me i will go start what i am sure will be a long drawn out process of trying to get a refund.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 7/5/2013 10:20:10 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: worst print shop ever - 7/5/2013 11:24:42 AM   
lindarobin

Granted, there is not a lengthy list of Avery label numbers. I assume that is why they made creating any size label so much easier. I made 2x4 labels (10 per sheet) and printed all 10 without problem. I am using Win7 which is what this program was designed for.

I'm sure I didn't do anything differently than you when setting up the 2x4 labels so I suspect it is Win8 related. (I recall another poster requiring a workaround for doing mail merging with Win8.) I will report your label printing problem. Maybe their techs can work out a solution.

Yes, I get fuzzy printing with all raster images (vectors and text look perfect), although dot matrix is quite an exaggeration. I know first hand because we have a dot matrix printer where I work and it is still used for printing on certain forms. The great majority of posts do not complain about blurriness, but then again, my printing standards are extremely high. This is my biggest concern about 3.0, and it's the first thing I'll check with the next release.

In my experience, this is how PS3.0 prints vs the original.

For refunds, see:
http://support.encore.com/customerservice/refunds.aspx

I am not employed by Encore so I can't help you with your refund personally. As a moderator, I only want to help others use the program, and to keep the forums a friendly, supportive community for all users.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 7/5/2013 10:45:25 PM >

(in reply to CHub)
Post #: 2
RE: worst print shop ever - 7/5/2013 10:13:29 PM   
lindarobin

Avery has a website called Avery Design & Print Online. You just type in the product number, select and customize your design, then print! Since the process is online, I'm sure Win 8 poses no issues.

Tried it out myself with a design from Print Shop 3.0. I was impressed with the entire process.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 7/5/2013 11:48:44 PM >

(in reply to CHub)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> worst print shop ever Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4