Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

adding events from Event List

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> adding events from Event List Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
adding events from Event List - 10/9/2013 10:26:55 AM   
KFKING

I am using Calendar Creator 12.0 deluxe, just got the software. I can't find in help instruction on how to import from the Event List I have created in my first calendar.

< Message edited by KFKING -- 10/9/2013 10:27:22 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: adding events from Event List - 10/9/2013 10:55:40 AM   
FixitMAD

Please go to this link as Brandy best explains it. http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=44771

Also, Since the Phases of Moon did not go past 2010 in the original CC12 release, go here to download the free update for 2010 and later for the Phases of the Moon event.

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=46481&mpage=1&key=Phases%2CMoon떑

----

Hope this helps.

< Message edited by FixitMAD -- 10/9/2013 11:02:06 AM >

--
FixitMAD

(in reply to KFKING)
Post #: 2
RE: adding events from Event List - 10/9/2013 1:15:33 PM   
KFKING

Thanks, I now realize you don't create the event list first, it is populated when you add events to your calendar. then saved and can be used again. I am making a 2 year calendar for our extended family, with all birthdays and anniversaries and I thought I could make one events list and just 'add' them to each year. I'm new at this, so I assume it will make more sense when I finish my first project. appreciate the fast reply.

(in reply to FixitMAD)
Post #: 3
RE: adding events from Event List - 10/9/2013 1:23:55 PM   
FixitMAD

No problem. There is a lot of information still available for help on this website under the link http://forums.encoreusa.com/tt.asp?forumid=29

Brandy explains the events a little more here as well: http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=43475 indicating that all events are always saved in one single Events list.

Have fun with Calendar Creator. It is a great program and I use it all the time to make custom calendars for work and home.

I forgot to mention, in your install folder for Calendar Creator under the Dswmedia folder there is a sub-folder called Adding Events. Hopefully you should see something like this: C:\program files\Calendar Creator\Dswmedia\Adding Events (Depending on your version of Windows and CC, it may be slightly different) Just in case you do not have this folder and files, I have attached the PDF I just made of the info. Just remove the .jpg and put .pdf once you save this file to your system.

We are all hoping that Encore will create a new "updated" Calendar Creator program in the near future.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by FixitMAD -- 10/9/2013 1:36:47 PM >

(in reply to KFKING)
Post #: 4
RE: adding events from Event List - 10/9/2013 1:53:39 PM   
KFKING

Thanks - I did have the info in my events folder. unfortunately I can see you open the events list, highlight and event but I don't see any way to activate the 'add' operation. double clicking didn't work. I'll try again and let you know if my beginner's luck is getting any better.

(in reply to FixitMAD)
Post #: 5
RE: adding events from Event List - 10/9/2013 2:50:11 PM   
FixitMAD

I'm not sure I am understanding properly. Do you mean under your open Calender you select, File | Import | Events?

--
FixitMAD

(in reply to KFKING)
Post #: 6
RE: adding events from Event List - 10/9/2013 3:09:36 PM   
KFKING

I had created two events as a test and then created a basic calendar, tried open, import events and I only saw the us holidays, etc. then I tried events, show events list and my two events were there but didn't know what next step to take to get them into the calendar. I'm thinking I'll just add each event (birthday, anniversary) separately in both years and then they will be in an events list for that calendar collection.

perhaps I should try to work with it more before I ask anymore questions.

(in reply to FixitMAD)
Post #: 7
RE: adding events from Event List - 10/9/2013 4:11:28 PM   
ellengard

You are misunderstanding "events". Each calendar you make and save as a unique name is a BCC file and is itself a collection of events.

Say you created a calendar with all your friends' birthdays. e.g. birthdays.bcc. Then you created a separate calendar with just anniversaries and you named it anniversaries.bcc.

Say you want a single calendar with birthdays and anniversaries. Just open up birthdays.bcc, then File> Import> events.... select anniversaries.bcc.

You can then resave as a new name e.g. familydates.bcc

(in reply to KFKING)
Post #: 8
RE: adding events from Event List - 10/10/2013 11:45:42 AM   
KFKING

I was able to get all the events entered into my first calendar. I have saved it and will import them into the next family calendar when I make the new one. Thanks

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 9
RE: adding events from Event List - 10/26/2013 2:15:33 PM   
tlabouve

I have the 12 deluxe calendar creator. I have designed my own calendar but the holidays never appeared. I looked it up and the check mark is there for holidays but they do not appear. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*Moderator Note*

I've removed your email address from your post in the interest in protecting your personal privacy , we do have spam bots that occasionally spam our forums and I don't want anyone to be spammed as a result. Thank you :)

-Jason

< Message edited by TMLFAN4LIFE -- 10/27/2013 7:09:33 PM >

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 10
RE: adding events from Event List - 10/26/2013 2:57:07 PM   
KFKING

You can create another calendar using the wizard option; as you go through the steps, check the holidays you want (like US Holidays) and then save it. then open your original calendar - go to file, import and choose events from the new calendar. then they will be added to your original calendar.

I did the same thing with my first calendar I made this month, added my personal events and thought I could just look at events list and add the holidays. you need to input them as you start your calendar design, or import them from another calendar. So I merely made a new calendar with the holidays in it, and the imported them.

it took me a while to figure it out - and using this forum is very helpful.

(in reply to tlabouve)
Post #: 11
RE: adding events from Event List - 10/26/2013 2:59:20 PM   
KFKING

correction - open your calendar, go to File, Import, Events and there is the list of holidays you can import.

(in reply to KFKING)
Post #: 12
RE: adding events from Event List - 10/27/2013 3:10:25 PM   
ellengard

For new users of CC, the most remarkable feature to understand is that the calendar is perpetual. When you add an event such as a birthday or anniversary, the program will remember that date into the future as long as you apply a *repeat rule* to the event.

Once you create your custom calendar with birthdays and anniversaries, you never have to re-enter those dates! You can add or remove events, but it is totally unnecessary to create a 2014 calendar, a 2015 calendar, a 2016 calendar, etc. You simply move forward in your calendar and you will see those birthdays and anniversaries appear, year after year after year (unless those events are not set to repeat).

The same goes for holidays added via File> Import> Events. Those holidays are automatically set up to repeat.

(in reply to KFKING)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> adding events from Event List Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4