Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Text issues

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 6.0 (released 2013) >> Text issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Text issues - 3/16/2015 12:51:48 PM   
CBA

I have tried to type information into a text box in the greeting card format. However, everything shifts when I click out of the box to go on to the next piece of the card.

Also, I tried using the line spacing feature before or after one particular line in a text box. It moves everything in the box. I don't want to change spacing on every line in the text box.

Why am I having these issues? I've never experienced these problems on previous versions of Printmaster.

Thank you.

Kathy
CBA
Post #: 1
RE: Text issues - 3/16/2015 1:41:58 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: CBA
I don't want to change spacing on every line in the text box.

Line Spacing and Tracking affect the entire contents of the text box. This is how it was designed to work. If you want only one or two lines to be different, put them in a separate text box.

(in reply to CBA)
Post #: 2
RE: Text issues - 3/16/2015 1:47:19 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: CBA
I have tried to type information into a text box in the greeting card format. However, everything shifts when I click out of the box to go on to the next piece of the card.

This only happens to me when I edit a pre-existing text box that someone else started and formatted. I delete that text box and create a new one so it doesn't come with unknown formatting.

This doesn't happen will all text boxes, just the odd one. I don't know why. However, in my experience, I have had to fix someone else's document because he used his word processor like a typewriter i.e. aligning words with spaces and hard returns. So of course, when applying a new font family or font size, everything became misaligned. Maybe the problem is related to something similar.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 3/16/2015 2:08:57 PM >

(in reply to CBA)
Post #: 3
RE: Text issues - 3/16/2015 4:12:55 PM   
CBA

I closed the program, reopened it, and started all over. It's still shifting the text when I click out of the text box.

Unfortunately, this new program seems to be much more difficult that the past programs, which is very disappointing. I had always enjoyed using the Printmaster Programs. They were user-friendly and straight forward.

Thank you for attempting to help.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 4
RE: Text issues - 3/16/2015 11:11:14 PM   
ellengard

If you created a new text box, then you are experiencing a technical problem. The program does not do what you describe unless you have a corrupted installation or some other thing interfering with the program. You need to submit a tech support ticket:
http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/tech_support_frm.aspx?product_id=3105

(in reply to CBA)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 6.0 (released 2013) >> Text issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4