Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

How to change a font!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The PrintShop 5.0] >> The Print Shop 5.0 >> How to change a font!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to change a font!! - 1/18/2019 12:15:15 PM   
lovinpsp

I am a new user of Print Shop 5.0. My hobby is making note cards with a sentiment on the inside. I use Avery 03268 Note Cards.

I make the text box but when I try to change the font from the default, usually nothing happens or a black box will pop up and quickly disappear. I have tried typing a few words and highlight them but that doesn't work either. I managed to get it to work once but now it's virtually impossible. I really need help because I love fonts!!

Oh; I'm presently on the month trial basis so I have until February 2nd to get everything working.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
lovinpsp
Post #: 1
RE: How to change a font!! - 1/18/2019 1:27:02 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: lovinpsp
I make the text box but when I try to change the font from the default, usually nothing happens or a black box will pop up and quickly disappear...

Here are a couple of approaches:

Finish typing your text, then highlight it and click the drop-down arrow to find and select the font you want, then select color and size if you want. You will see the changes occur in the text box as you make your selections.

or

Add a new text box. Type one letter to start things off then click the drop-down arrow to find and select the font you want, then select color and size if you want. Continue typing (do not click inside the box because that will deactivate your choices) which will now be in the style you have chosen. Just delete the first letter that "activated" the text formatting choices.

The trick, I found, is I had to type that one "throw away" letter. I came to realize that clicking inside the text box could reset the font to default.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to lovinpsp)
Post #: 2
RE: How to change a font!! - 1/19/2019 10:55:02 AM   
lovinpsp

quote:

ORIGINAL: ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: lovinpsp
I make the text box but when I try to change the font from the default, usually nothing happens or a black box will pop up and quickly disappear...

Here are a couple of approaches:

Finish typing your text, then highlight it and click the drop-down arrow to find and select the font you want, then select color and size if you want. You will see the changes occur in the text box as you make your selections.

or

Add a new text box. Type one letter to start things off then click the drop-down arrow to find and select the font you want, then select color and size if you want. Continue typing (do not click inside the box because that will deactivate your choices) which will now be in the style you have chosen. Just delete the first letter that "activated" the text formatting choices.

The trick, I found, is I had to type that one "throw away" letter. I came to realize that clicking inside the text box could reset the font to default.

Thank you ellengard for your input and screenshot. It worked just great.
lovinpsp

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The PrintShop 5.0] >> The Print Shop 5.0 >> How to change a font!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4