Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

HELP!!!Can't print with Print Shop 3.5

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> HELP!!!Can't print with Print Shop 3.5 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HELP!!!Can't print with Print Shop 3.5 - 1/2/2014 10:00:05 AM   
moneil16

Looking for help to be able to print. When I go to print, Print shop shut down and item is not printed. I am trying to connect to printer & unable to!! Just downloaded this today. Have Windows XP and a Kodak printer.
Post #: 1
RE: HELP!!!Can't print with Print Shop 3.5 - 1/2/2014 2:42:50 PM   
ellengard

If the print function is causing the program to crash, please submit a tech support ticket here:
http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/tech_support_frm.aspx?product_id=3256

(in reply to moneil16)
Post #: 2
RE: HELP!!!Can't print with Print Shop 3.5 - 1/26/2014 9:37:03 AM   
RayK

I have the same problem. Does not print after doing a project- just shuts down. I did e mail
tech support but know that will take ages to get back to me. Any one have some idea as to
what the problem might be. I have paint shop 3.5 pro-bought 1/23/14 and using XP.

(in reply to moneil16)
Post #: 3
RE: HELP!!!Can't print with Print Shop 3.5 - 1/26/2014 9:53:03 AM   
ellengard

Only tech support can confirm this, but I suspect that 3.5 is not 100% compatible with XP. I never had any success with this program until I installed it on Win7.

As a workaround, try Save As PDF. Open that in Adobe Reader and print.

(in reply to RayK)
Post #: 4
RE: HELP!!!Can't print with Print Shop 3.5 - 1/26/2014 10:15:34 AM   
RayK

Thanks I will try that. This is driving me nuts. I guess I will have to upgrade computer to Win7. Never took out PS 12 as I love it but could not do PDF to give to our printer. Thanks again for your help on this. If you hear about any thing else let me know.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: HELP!!!Can't print with Print Shop 3.5 - 1/26/2014 10:47:34 AM   
JasonC

quote:

ORIGINAL: RayK

I have the same problem. Does not print after doing a project- just shuts down. I did e mail
tech support but know that will take ages to get back to me. Any one have some idea as to
what the problem might be. I have paint shop 3.5 pro-bought 1/23/14 and using XP.

I did some extensive testing in Print Shop 3.5 and tried to print a basic flyer and it worked for me. It did not shut down on my XP computer. There are several security updates for the Net Framework 4 that need to be installed for this program to fully function.

Print Shop 3.5 installs Net Framework 4 as part of a requirement.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to RayK)
Post #: 6
RE: HELP!!!Can't print with Print Shop 3.5 - 1/26/2014 12:15:14 PM   
RayK

Yesterday spent hours doing 11 upgrades for Net Frame 4.2 and just checked to make sure I did have all the updates and I am okay. Can only print if I go to Adobe PDF. Any other suggestions while I wait for the tech assistants which will take forever. Other than this problem I like the 3.5 pro. Thanks for your help.

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 7
RE: HELP!!!Can't print with Print Shop 3.5 - 1/26/2014 2:15:11 PM   
ellengard

quote:

...Never took out PS 12 as I love it but could not do PDF to give to our printer.

You can download and install the free PDF convertor at
http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

This will allow you to create PDFs from Print Shop 12.

(in reply to RayK)
Post #: 8
RE: HELP!!!Can't print with Print Shop 3.5 - 1/27/2014 7:32:35 AM   
RayK

Thank you for the link and info about free PDF convertor, I will look into it!

Print update: I did receive a reply from support but the info really had nothing to do with my problem as far as I can say, I replied back letting them know again that

From what I read to print in 3.5 Pro you do the following:

Click on the Print Button.
Choose a Printer from The Drop Down Menu.
Choose your Paper Size from the drop down.

This is all well and good BUT the PRINT BUTTON does not give a Drop Down Menu to chose printer and paper size.
When I hit the Print Button the whole 3.5 Pro program shuts down.

I will wait and see what support can come up with.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 9
RE: HELP!!!Can't print with Print Shop 3.5 - 1/28/2014 5:41:37 AM   
RayK

Hello I heard back again from Encore Support and I really don't think anyone knows what is wrong in regard to not printing and shutting down. I explained in the support ticket that I do NOT have a Drop Down Menu or to choose a printer or choose your Paper Size from the drop down. Bottom line it seems I was given the option for a refund and or exchange.

Any other help from anyone would be appreciated as I do like the 3.5 Pro and HOPE I can get it to work in regard to printing on my XP computer.

Do you think uninstalling and then reinstalling 3.5 Pro will help??

I have a ink jet HP 6122 and (2) Laser OKI's a C5150 and a C6050 and I never had any problems printing using Print Shop 12 and still can use it .

(in reply to RayK)
Post #: 10
RE: HELP!!!Can't print with Print Shop 3.5 - 1/28/2014 9:59:45 AM   
JasonC

Tech Support can be quite be busy and can't respond in a timely manner. Could you please upload a screenshot to this forum or please send me a screenshot of your current screen you are seeing to jasoncarver2013@gmail.com so that I can repost your screenshot here and we can take a look at your issue in further detail?

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to RayK)
Post #: 11
RE: HELP!!!Can't print with Print Shop 3.5 - 1/28/2014 10:02:37 AM   
JasonC

quote:

ORIGINAL: moneil16

Looking for help to be able to print. When I go to print, Print shop shut down and item is not printed. I am trying to connect to printer & unable to!! Just downloaded this today. Have Windows XP and a Kodak printer.

Just a thought, do you have the absolute latest up to date drivers for your printer? Generic Windows XP built in drivers and outdated drivers can cause abnormal behavior in just about any program that prints.

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to moneil16)
Post #: 12
RE: HELP!!!Can't print with Print Shop 3.5 - 1/28/2014 1:10:55 PM   
ellengard

I don't think a screen capture will reveal anything. When the Print button is clicked, the program crashes. This was one of the earliest tech problems with PrintShop, starting with version 3.0.

Your suggestion about updating printer drivers will hopefully solve the problem. Recently, another user found that switching to another printer solved the problem:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/fb.asp?m=48064

This does make me think that there are not too many printers that are compatible with Print Shop 3.5 on Win XP.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 1/28/2014 1:14:00 PM >

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 13
RE: HELP!!!Can't print with Print Shop 3.5 - 1/28/2014 2:40:43 PM   
RayK

TMLFAN4LIFE and ellengard

Thank you both for all your replies I appreciate it very much. Jason I would think that ellen is right as a screen capture would not show my problem that seems to be a early tech problem with 3.0

As I mentioned under the Print Icon NO Drop Down Menu is shown so NO choose your Printer or Choose your Paper Size from the drop down.

I am hoping it is only a driver problem BUT my Oki Data Laser 5150 and 6150 also don't print and I never had this problem. I can understand that it is new and also should work on Win 7 and hope to update my XP later this year BUT in the mean time......

Would MS have newer drivers for XP that may work with PS 3.5 Pro ?

I do have .net 4.0 and installed all 11 updates BUT do you know if they have more .net 4.0 updates that may help?

I finally checked all the reviews and if I had seen them earlier I most likely would have upgraded to 22 or 23 pro from my 12 ( that works great expect for not being able to make into 600 dpi -.pdf to send to my professional printer.)

Tech support did get back to me 2 times already BUT all they sent was fixes that they have on the site which I checked myself before asking for help. The last email also mentioned I can ask for a refund...which I really don't want yet!

NOTE: Being new here in the forum the 1st post was by "moneil16" just wondering if I posted my problem the right way or should I have made a new subject??

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 14
RE: HELP!!!Can't print with Print Shop 3.5 - 1/28/2014 3:18:52 PM   
ellengard

quote:

... my Oki Data Laser 5150 and 6150 also don't print
... work on Win 7 and hope to update my XP later this year BUT in the mean time......

Likely Win7 will solve your problem. So in the meantime, don't hit the Print button. Just Save As PDF. Print from Adobe Reader. Simple.

quote:

... 12 ( that works great expect for not being able to make into 600 dpi -.pdf to send to my professional printer.)

Use the free Cute PDF writer to take care of that.

quote:

the 1st post was by "moneil16" just wondering if I posted my problem the right way or should I have made a new subject??

Generally, you should start a new subject, but since moneil16's subject is exactly the same and is current, you're fine.

(in reply to RayK)
Post #: 15
RE: HELP!!!Can't print with Print Shop 3.5 - 2/11/2014 1:29:13 PM   
RayK

Hello since this still has to do with the NO PRINTING I thought it would be okay to add this update here.

Okay I was able to download new updated drivers for my Okidata 5150 and still 3.5 Pro does not show the printer at all BUT when I do a
Print Alignment all three of my printers ( a Oki 5150, a Oki 6050 and a HP 6200 ) DO show up and I can actually do the Print Alignment on all of them.

Am I correct in saying that this does mean my printer drivers are okay then? and that 3.5 Pro is not really good with XP ??

As long as I am able to add this 3.5 to a new computer ( in about 60 days) with Win 7 - I will be patient and use it the way it is. I was told I can delete it from my XP and than can add to my new Win 7 computer with no warranty or installation issues ...hope so?

RayK

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 16
RE: HELP!!!Can't print with Print Shop 3.5 - 2/11/2014 1:50:15 PM   
ellengard

quote:

Am I correct in saying that this does mean my printer drivers are okay then? and that 3.5 Pro is not really good with XP ??

3.5 works best with Win7.

quote:

I was told I can delete it from my XP and than can add to my new Win 7 computer with no warranty or installation issues ...hope so?

Yes, that should be no problem.

(in reply to RayK)
Post #: 17
RE: HELP!!!Can't print with Print Shop 3.5 - 11/1/2021 7:38:44 PM   
lwlopez1

I am about 7 years to late for this party, but I have the solution. Windows 10 version 21H1. Print Shop Pro 3.5.5. HP ENVY 7800. Open the program and you can use it and design and open older files. When you go to select to print, the application evaporates. Of all of the steps I took, the fix was delete all printers, including the printer you want (except leave the XPS, FAX, and PDF and other non-brand printer names alone.) Try to print after no printers are there and if it works, install the printer you need first and check, then add each of the other printers you might need and after each one, try it. One of the printers caused it, but I did not take the time to figure out which one. Other things I did was as follows: Delete all temp files in c:\windows\temp and give myself full permissions and Users Group permissions to that folder. Delete all files in my Temp folder c:\users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp and give myself full permissions and Users Group permissions to that folder. The application now stays open when selecting printer and even more important, I can print too. Fixed. - miletx.com

(in reply to moneil16)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> HELP!!!Can't print with Print Shop 3.5 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4