Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Unblurring

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> Unblurring Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unblurring - 1/15/2008 2:40:42 PM   
nicoletnw

I have a picture that is blurry. I was trying to figure out if there was a way to unblur it if so how do I do it?
Post #: 1
RE: Unblurring - 1/15/2008 4:39:08 PM   
lindarobin

You can try the sharpen filter. Results vary depending on how badly out-of-focus the picture is.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to nicoletnw)
Post #: 2
RE: Unblurring - 1/16/2008 8:18:57 AM   
nicoletnw

Thanks but that didn't work. Any other ideas?? It seemed like it was in good focus until I put in on the computer and now it looks really blurry!!! Any help would be greatly appreciatted!!

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 3
RE: Unblurring - 1/16/2008 9:33:49 AM   
lindarobin

Is your photo blurry because the focus was set for the incorrect distance or because of camera shake or because the resolution is less than 800x600 pixels?

(in reply to nicoletnw)
Post #: 4
RE: Unblurring - 1/16/2008 9:45:03 AM   
nicoletnw

I am not sure how do I find out!! It showed up fine on my camera but blurry when I uploaded it onto my computer.

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 5
RE: Unblurring - 1/16/2008 10:54:43 AM   
lindarobin

Most everything looks fine on a tiny screen. It's when you see a picture "up close" that the details are apparent. Locate the file on your hard drive. Right-click the filename. Read the properties. Tell me the pixel dimensions. If it is less than 800x600 that means you took the photo at your camera's low resolution setting, making this photo unsuitable for high quality printing.

(in reply to nicoletnw)
Post #: 6
RE: Unblurring - 1/16/2008 10:58:05 AM   
lindarobin

This screenshot may help you read your photo's properties.

(in reply to nicoletnw)
Post #: 7
RE: Unblurring - 1/16/2008 8:03:39 PM   
nicoletnw

They are 115 x 150 thanks for the help! I have another question for you. I have some pics that show my tatoos and I want to make it look like they are not there. Some pics I have outfits on that you can see the tatoos through is there a way to make them look like they are not there and not mess up the pic!! I am new at this and trying to figure it out but reading the book didn't help to much for me! Thanks a lot once again for your help!!

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 8
RE: Unblurring - 1/16/2008 11:13:56 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: nicoletnw

They are 115 x 150 thanks for the help!

OK, so that is only "camera phone" quality. There is absolutely no way to make this a quality print, sorry. It probably will look fine displayed on the computer screen 2 inches wide, but as soon as you zoom in, it'll be terribly pixelated.

quote:

... Some pics I have outfits on that you can see the tatoos through is there a way to make them look like they are not there and not mess up the pic!!

Yes, but Print Shop is the wrong program for doing that. Print Shop is a desktop publishing program, ideal for making business cards, brochures, newsletters, that sort of thing. What you need is a photo-editor such as Adobe PhotoShop Elements, Microsoft Digital Image Pro or Corel Paint Shop Pro.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 5/17/2010 10:46:15 PM >

(in reply to nicoletnw)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> Unblurring Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4