Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Background (Texture?) Help

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality >> Background (Texture?) Help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Background (Texture?) Help - 12/14/2008 4:53:04 PM   
JLynne

Hi, I'm so glad to have found this forum through google. I hope someone can help me.

I bought PrintMaster Platinum v.18 several days ago thinking I could just make up my own Christmas cards "really quick". Since I'm a creative person and a programmer by trade, it never occurred to me that I would be so completely mystified by software designed to make cards and calendars.

For three days, I have been stumped trying to make the background of the front of my card look the way I want. I want to use one of the holiday backgrounds provided on the CDs, but when I select the background, it is a smaller size than the size of the half card and when I increase the size, it stretches the image, warping it. Really, what I want is to tile it. The only option I can find for tiling, is to go through adding the color pallet, but there is a limited selection of texture tiles there and the "more" button is grayed out. I cannot figure out how to add more textures or to convert the images that are labeled as background images in the art collection to texture tiles.

I'm sure there's something simple I'm missing, but I've gone through the user manual, tried searching the official website, and have googled everything I can think of.

I hope someone can help me because I'm at a loss.

Thanks in advance!

J. Lynne
Post #: 1
RE: Background (Texture?) Help - 12/14/2008 5:20:40 PM   
lindarobin

You can select the image and Edit| Duplicate... Tiled Cover. That creates 25 tiles in one group which you can stretch to reproportion it. However, there may be obvious "seams" around the tiles.

Creating a new background texture is probably best done in a photo-editing program such as Adobe PhotoShop Elements. They have "filters" such as "sandstone", "burlap", etc.

You can also download (free) digital textured papers from digital scrapbooking sites such as www.scrapgirls.com

As far as I know, there is no way to load additional textures into the texture palette.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 12/14/2008 5:43:16 PM >

(in reply to JLynne)
Post #: 2
RE: Background (Texture?) Help - 12/14/2008 5:49:23 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: JLynne
... when I increase the size, it stretches the image, warping it.

It's perfectly OK to enlarge any of the high res images - they don't pixelate too badly unless you are going to poster size, and you are just doing half-page size.

Just keep the proportion locked to avoid warping. Any part of the image that goes past the dotted line margins doesn't get printed, so let the image go past the edge.

(in reply to JLynne)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality >> Background (Texture?) Help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4