Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Saving as HTML and sending email

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> Saving as HTML and sending email Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Saving as HTML and sending email - 11/5/2011 8:28:06 PM   
stevem87

Has anyone figured this out? On the product website it says that you can save as HTML for using as a web page or email. I opened a newsletter, saved it as HTML. opened it in explorer and displayed the source code. After placing this in an email, I only get the text, no images or backgrounds. How can I fix this?
Post #: 1
RE: Saving as HTML and sending email - 11/5/2011 9:37:51 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: stevem87
... I opened a newsletter, saved it as HTML. opened it in explorer and displayed the source code. After placing this in an email, I only get the text, no images or backgrounds.

Saving as HTML creates a html file (the source code) and a folder with the images. Since you only put the source code in the email, you will not have any images in the email.

When making a web page, you would upload the html file and the folder of images, to your web host's server. The source code tells the browser the location of the images so that they can be found and displayed.

Email is a different situation. You would have to embed the images into the email and manually rewrite the html code accordingly. And that's only if your email program allows you to embed images.

Otherwise, you need to upload the images to a server (your own web space or a photo album site), then rewrite the html code accordingly so that the image tags link to the web address of your uploaded images.

If your plan is to email newsletters on a regular basis, you need a program designed for that purpose, such as Broderbund's Email Campaigns.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 11/5/2011 9:40:37 PM >

(in reply to stevem87)
Post #: 2
RE: Saving as HTML and sending email - 11/6/2011 9:46:07 AM   
ellengard

Another option for emailing newsletters is to attach a PDF rather than send "rich text". For some people, this can be preferable, especially if their email programs take up a lot of screen real estate with ad banners.

(in reply to stevem87)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> Saving as HTML and sending email Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4