Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

add margins to avery template

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> add margins to avery template Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
add margins to avery template - 9/19/2013 11:14:53 AM   
popcornshop

I am trying to add a template for 6 to a page lables and i need the lables to start farther from the left edge of the page. how do i add a margin?
Post #: 1
RE: add margins to avery template - 9/19/2013 1:20:14 PM   
ellengard

Good question. I don't think it can be done when using the custom paper stock wizard. The wizard centers the labels so that the left margin and right margin are the same, which is how most Avery labels are made.

However, if I misunderstood your question and the left and right margins are equal, then changing your distance between columns will change the width of your side margins.

(in reply to popcornshop)
Post #: 2
RE: add margins to avery template - 9/19/2013 1:59:04 PM   
popcornshop

I'm not sure but I don't think that the distance between the columns is the problem. The problem I'm encountering is that the very first label that is printed is starting too far to the left on the page causing all the labels to be cut off on the left side. I can't seem to find a way to move the starting label over.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: add margins to avery template - 9/19/2013 3:15:33 PM   
ellengard

Can you provide a screen capture of the Custom Paper Stock dialog box for these labels? Or at least the info for:
Number of Rows
Distance Between Rows
Number of Columns
Distance Between Columns
Left

Post #: 4
RE: add margins to avery template - 9/19/2013 7:38:12 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: popcornshop
... I can't seem to find a way to move the starting label over.

Sorry, I said the wrong thing in post #2. It's the Top-left Position of the First Label that determines where the first label starts printing. It also determines the width of the side margins. It can also affect your label size.

It's all math. Increasing the margins means less room for the labels, so they get smaller, assuming no change is made to the column gap.

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> add margins to avery template Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4