Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Blocked Graphics

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality >> Blocked Graphics Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Blocked Graphics - 12/1/2013 5:23:52 AM   
thedoll

I have a blocked graphic I cannot find. When I go to print preview, I can see it, but when I move the graphic that is in the area of the blocked one, nothing happens. I can't change the background either because of this. How can I find the blocked graphic. I'm making a card with a collage of photographs.
Post #: 1
RE: Blocked Graphics - 12/1/2013 10:23:19 AM   
ellengard

I do not understand your meaning of the word "blocked". Do you mean it is hidden behind another graphic? If so, right-click it and choose Layer and then send the graphic back a layer or more.

(in reply to thedoll)
Post #: 2
RE: Blocked Graphics - 12/1/2013 12:28:13 PM   
thedoll

I used the word "blocked" because that's the word used in the Help area of Printmaster. I see the hidden graphic only when I go into print preview or print the document. It's a collage of photos and when I move all the photos around the "blocked" photo, nothing appears. I've done the layering, back, forward over and over. I'm a bit miffed.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: Blocked Graphics - 12/1/2013 2:02:20 PM   
ellengard

OK, I searched for "blocked" in the PrintMaster 18 Help and got one hit:

Note: If the background color is not displayed, one or more graphics may be blocking the view of the background.

Since this has something to do with adding a background via the Add| Panel Color or Texture, maybe removing the Panel Color or Texture will solve your problem.

Otherwise, I am still unsure why you have a blocked graphic in the first place. If it won't delete, open a new blank project and copy your collage of photos into it. Your current project seems to have something wonky in it so it may be best to get out of it.

(in reply to thedoll)
Post #: 4
RE: Blocked Graphics - 12/1/2013 2:05:53 PM   
thedoll

Yeah, I found the background hit too and wasn't able to resolve anything. I'll try the cut and paste into another project, but there are a lot of photos. When I was creating the card, I often had to hunt down the photo I pasted. it was way off to the side and I could barely see the edge. I appreciate your help. It's my holiday card so I hope I get it resolved son. Linda

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: Blocked Graphics - 12/1/2013 2:29:08 PM   
ellengard

Will this work? Try exporting as high res JPG. If the JPG turns out well with nothing missing, you can use it and avoid the cut/paste work.

When you say you used a lot of photos, I suspect maybe the project's file size got too big for your printer to handle so things started to disappear. The export to JPG can solve that problem.

(in reply to thedoll)
Post #: 6
RE: Blocked Graphics - 12/2/2013 1:45:57 AM   
Ettie

If ellengard's suggestion doesn't help to solve your problem, the solution might be found in the link below

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=24629

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality >> Blocked Graphics Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4