Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Advice Needed on Creating Avery 5167 Custom Paper Stock

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> Advice Needed on Creating Avery 5167 Custom Paper Stock Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Advice Needed on Creating Avery 5167 Custom Paper Stock - 2/21/2014 9:48:19 PM   
bubbie021

I found outi this evening that I couldn't open up my PrintShop 23 Deluxe label files in Print Shop 3.06 Professional. I can't open up 90% of other Printshop 23 files either. Very dissppointing!!!

So I looked for the Avery 5167 label stock so I could start from scratch. There were very few Avery lablels listed, very disappointing!!1 Measured the Avery 5167 sheet itself (80 labels, 20 rows, 4 columns, each label .5 x 1.75 inches) Top margin was .5 and left margin was .25 inch. Space between columns was 0.3125 inch. I compared these measurements with Avery 5167 labels in Word 2007 and WordPerfect X6. The "Save button" in the Print Shop Professional 3.06 Custom Paper Stock Dialog box was grayed out. I tried varying the measurements except for the 20 rows and 4 columns. Coulddn't get it to make a new paper stock. Have been searching for answers on the Internet unsuccessfully.

I finally downloaded from the Avery web site an Avery 5167 Template for inDesign CS6, and spent 6 hours laying out and aligning the text and graphics. The graphics and text for each label had to be copied and pasted 80 times! After I printed out the first set, I had to realign the text and graphics to the left and down. This is not a good way for doing a label. Labels in Word 2007 never align properly with the paper label sheet. WordPerfect X6 also requires one to copy and paste the text and graphics 80 x from the first label down to the last. This is not very efficient.

I liked the way that PrintShop 23 Deluxxe populated the labels all the way down to the bottom of the label sheet.

Need advice on proper measurements for creeating a custom Avery 5175 label paper stock. Thank you.

Miriam
Post #: 1
RE: Advice Needed on Creating Avery 5167 Custom Paper S... - 2/21/2014 11:10:45 PM   
ellengard

Hi, Miriam,

I have a tutorial for making custom label templates for PrintShop 3.5 (it's the same for 3.0). Go here - it's the fifth video

http://ellengard.weebly.com/printmaster-60-and-print-shop-35.html

I'll try using your numbers for 5167 and get back to you...

< Message edited by ellengard -- 2/21/2014 11:38:11 PM >

(in reply to bubbie021)
Post #: 2
RE: Advice Needed on Creating Avery 5167 Custom Paper S... - 2/21/2014 11:30:32 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: bubbie021
..I couldn't open up my PrintShop 23 Deluxe label files in Print Shop 3.06 Professional. I can't open up 90% of other Printshop 23 files either. Very dissppointing!!!

I can open all my PS23 projects. Click the upper left drop down button, choose Open... Open the Print Shop 23, 22 or 21 Project.

However, it is rather useless with label projects because only ONE label prints in the center of the sheet!

Newletters, cards and other non-multi-up projects seem to convert over OK.

(in reply to bubbie021)
Post #: 3
RE: Advice Needed on Creating Avery 5167 Custom Paper S... - 2/21/2014 11:48:54 PM   
ellengard

I made a custom stock for Avery 5167. It worked. Here is a screen capture. Did you input the exact same numbers? Make sure you put in the correct paper dimensions i.e. 8.5 x 11 like my video showed - do NOT input the label size anywhere.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 2/21/2014 11:51:47 PM >

(in reply to bubbie021)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> Advice Needed on Creating Avery 5167 Custom Paper Stock Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4