Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

creating an actual address book

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> creating an actual address book Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
creating an actual address book - 12/3/2018 7:40:06 AM   
csparlin

I want to create an actual address book that I can merge all the saved addresses into. When I create it as a brochure, it repeats the same address over and over, how do I add a variety of addresses and people in the same document?
Post #: 1
RE: creating an actual address book - 12/3/2018 1:01:39 PM   
ellengard

You can read the address book and mail merge instructions in the User Manual or have a look at my video tutorials here:

http://ellengard.weebly.com/printmaster-60-and-print-shop-35.html#ab
http://ellengard.weebly.com/printmaster-60-and-print-shop-35.html#mm

(in reply to csparlin)
Post #: 2
RE: creating an actual address book - 12/3/2018 8:35:44 PM   
csparlin

I did those things. I set up the address book, made the merge info, pasted several into a bulletin, selected the names from the address book and then mail merge one contact per sheet. The problem is that it repeats the first contact 4 times instead of listing the new contacts. Any further suggestions?

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: creating an actual address book - 12/3/2018 11:39:26 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: csparlin

I did those things. I set up the address book, made the merge info, pasted several into a bulletin, selected the names from the address book and then mail merge one contact per sheet. The problem is that it repeats the first contact 4 times instead of listing the new contacts. Any further suggestions?

You lost me at "pasted several into a bulletin". You have several mail merge boxes on one bulletin? That may be the problem. If you put 4 mail merge text boxes on the same project, you will get those 4 contacts repeated.

Normally, you would have one mail merge text box per project, such as an envelope or a newsletter (where the mailing address is printed in a spot that appears under the transparent window of an envelope, once the newsletter is folded and stuffed into that envelope.

I tested this out and had no problems. I put one mail merge text box on my newsletter, selected 5 names from my address book and did a print mail merge. I ended up with 5 newsletters, each one with a different name printed on them, the idea being that each person gets their own copy of my newsletter.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 12/4/2018 12:00:42 AM >

(in reply to csparlin)
Post #: 4
RE: creating an actual address book - 12/4/2018 12:25:48 AM   
ellengard

For example:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 12/4/2018 12:26:25 AM >

(in reply to csparlin)
Post #: 5
RE: creating an actual address book - 12/4/2018 12:50:51 AM   
ellengard

In this other example, I chose a post card project that prints 4 per sheet. In this case, I added the one text box to the project. I mail merged with 4 names from the address book, choosing one contact per item. My page printed with the four different names.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to csparlin)
Post #: 6
RE: creating an actual address book - 12/4/2018 12:55:34 AM   
ellengard

This is the project showing the one mail merge text box.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 7
RE: creating an actual address book - 12/4/2018 10:17:21 PM   
csparlin

thank you, I was hoping to put multiple mail merges into one document in order to create an address book. I ended up creating postcards with the different addresses etc. and creating an address book with each postcard. At least now I won't keep trying to get things to work the way I was trying at first. Thanks.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 8
RE: creating an actual address book - 12/4/2018 10:51:15 PM   
ellengard

OK, so you had mentioned a brochure and a bulletin, but you never said you just wanted to just print out the address book. If so, I would have recommended that you click the Print Address Book button in the Address Book. Easy. No mail merging.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 12/4/2018 10:58:24 PM >

(in reply to csparlin)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> creating an actual address book Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4