Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

PrintShop 4 printouts

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> PrintShop 4 printouts Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PrintShop 4 printouts - 4/24/2019 3:05:33 AM   
enoch

Hi,

I am trying to save a business card in jpg format but am having problems in just creating a single image. When I do a print preview I get a printout of 10 pics of the business card. I found the custom stock settings and managed to print the card once, but when I went to save it I did not find a way to keep that setting so when I did another print preview I got the 10 card printouts coming up again.

I am planning on using my creation as a single biz card suitable for uploading to Vistaprint dot com.

I quite like my design and want to keep it for future use as well as Vistaprint.

Is there a really simple method to do the above short of printing out 10 images per sheet and taking them to a printing service locally?

I am not sure that I wrote the above correctly so I hope you can read between the lines and understand my needs??

Thank you,

Enoch :)

P.S. I am using PrintShop 4 on my laptop and PrintShop 5 on my desktop PC.

< Message edited by enoch -- 4/24/2019 3:10:47 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: PrintShop 4 printouts - 4/24/2019 11:44:36 AM   
lindarobin

To make a single high resolution JPG image for uploading to VistaPrint, create a custom size single page of 7" x 4". Do not use a business card template. Keep essential design elements well inside from the edges which will be treated as bleed margin and therefore trimmed off.

When you save at 300 dpi, you will actually have 600 dpi at 3.5" x 2" which you will need in order to have sharp image text. Ideally, VistaPrint would prefer a PDF with embedded fonts to ensure sharp printing of real text.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 4/24/2019 4:18:10 PM >

(in reply to enoch)
Post #: 2
RE: PrintShop 4 printouts - 4/24/2019 4:23:11 PM   
lindarobin

Another option when using professional printing, is to use Print Shop to design your background and save it as JPG. Upload the JPG to a professional print service's design-your-own business card template. Then use that site's text tools to add your words. This guarantees the sharpest text even at the tiniest size.

Tiny image text is blurry when printed.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 4/24/2019 11:10:40 PM >

(in reply to enoch)
Post #: 3
RE: PrintShop 4 printouts - 4/25/2019 6:52:35 PM   
enoch

Thanks Linda

Worked very nicely.

Cheers,

Enoch :=)

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 4
RE: PrintShop 4 printouts - 4/25/2019 7:28:12 PM   
lindarobin

Glad to know it worked

(in reply to enoch)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> PrintShop 4 printouts Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4