Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Why Can I Not Import Any Of My Own Photos?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM Export/Import >> Why Can I Not Import Any Of My Own Photos? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why Can I Not Import Any Of My Own Photos? - 11/11/2008 2:44:07 AM   
belle16127

I installed Print Master 18 on November 3, it was working GREAT!! I had all kinds of photos imported and was working away on several projects. My computer froze a few days ago and shut down. When I tried to get back into the program it said it was unavailable and would shut down. I had to mess with the computer quite a bit, I uninstalled and reinstalled the program several times. Now that it is back in my computer, I cannot IMPORT any of my own photos or art. All of my saved projects are gone (which I expected. but WHY CAN I NOT IMPORT ANY OF MY OWN PHOTOS?

It doesn't even give me that option any more. I had gone back and restored my computer to a previous date and defragmented and so on durring this whole mess. Now I am just MAD if I cannot get my own photos into this program then I want my money back as it is no good to me.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 6/26/2009 9:26:02 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: PROBLEMS - 11/11/2008 9:51:13 AM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: belle16127
...All of my saved projects are gone...

All saved projects are stored in the My Documents folder. None of them are gone. When you uninstalled PM, you wiped out your project gallery with the thumbnail links, but not your projects.

In the Project Gallery, you can File| Open From Disk| and select one of your own PM projects from My Documents. Or even before you open PM, you can double-click a project filename in My Documents. That will open PM with your project ready to go.

quote:

WHY CAN I NOT IMPORT ANY OF MY OWN PHOTOS?

Any time you want to add your own photo to a project, just Add| Graphic| From Disk... and browse to the desired filename and click Open.

To import your own images:
In the Art Gallery, click the My Art & Photos tab, then choose Import from the File menu. You do not have to import a graphic to your own art gallery in order to use that graphic in your project.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 11/11/2008 10:01:47 AM >

(in reply to belle16127)
Post #: 2
RE: PROBLEMS - 11/11/2008 11:26:53 AM   
Brandy redux

Hi belle16127,

As lindarobin mentioned above, the default is for all saved projects to be stored in the My Documents folder. And, the default is for all saved photos to be stored in the My Documents\My Pictures folder.

However, if you did not allow Printmaster to save your projects in the My Documents folder, or in a subfolder of the My Documents folder, and/or if your saved photos are not stored in the My Documents\My Pictures folder, or in a subfolder of the My Documents folder, the program will not automatically offer you the option of importing your projects and your photos. And, when that happens you will need to use the File | Import option in either the Project Gallery or the Art Gallery to import the projects and photos manually.

There is, though, one other option. You could find your project files and photo files then move the projects files to one subfolder of the My Documents folder and move the photos to the My Documents\My Pictures folder. Then, open PrintMaster 18. If PrintMaster does not offer the option to import the projects and photos, you would have to rebuild the Project Gallery and Art Gallery, as described below

Windows® XP

• Close all open windows and programs to return to the desktop.
• Click 'Start' and choose 'Run'.
• Type %HOMEPATH% into the 'Open' field and click 'OK'.
• Click the 'Tools' menu and choose 'Folder Options' in the window that appears.
• Select the 'View' tab in the window that opens.
• Locate the 'Hidden Files and Folders' setting and ensure that 'Show Hidden Files And Folders' is selected.
• Click 'OK' to accept the change.
• Double-click the 'Local Settings' folder.
• Double-click the 'Application Data' folder.
• Double-click the 'Broderbund Software' folder.
• Double-click the 'Print' folder.
• Double-click 'The Print Shop' folder.
• Double-click the folder corresponding to the version of the printshop that you have (ie: 22, or 23).
• Press and hold the CTRL key and click the Art folder, the Projects folder, and the USER.INI file to select these items.
• Release the CTRL key. The items will remain highlighted.
• Press the DELETE key on the keyboard to delete the selected items.
• Click Yes if prompted to move any files to the Recycle Bin.
• Close all open windows and restart the computer.
• Launch and use the program.

NOTE: To prevent a reoccurrence of this issue, it is advisable to update your video drivers

Windows® Vista

• Close all programs and return to the desktop.
• Click 'Start'.
• Select 'All Programs'.
• Select 'Accessories'.
• Click on 'RUN'.
• Type %HOMEPATH% into the 'Open' field and click OK.
• Click on the 'Organize' menu on the upper left hand side of the screen.
• Select 'Folder and Search Options'.
• Select the 'View' tab.
• Locate the 'Hidden Files and Folders' setting and ensure that 'Show Hidden Files And Folders' is selected.
• Click 'OK' to accept the change.
• Double-click the 'AppData' folder
• Double-click the 'Local' folder
• Double-click the 'Broderbund Software' folder
• Double-click the 'Print' folder
• Double-click 'The Print Shop' folder
• Double-click the folder corresponding to the version of the printshop that you have (ie: 22.0, or 23.0).
• Press and hold the CTRL key and click the Art folder, the Projects folder, and the USER.INI file to select these items.
• Release the CTRL key. The items will remain highlighted.
• Press the DELETE key on the keyboard to delete the selected items.
• Click Yes if prompted to move any files to the Recycle Bin.
• Close all open windows and restart the computer.
• Launch and use the program.

NOTE: To prevent a reoccurrence of this issue, it is advisable to update your video drivers

After the Project Gallery and Art Gallery are rebuilt, the next time you open PrintMaster, PrintMaster should ask you if you want to import your projects and photos.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 12/7/2009 1:09:14 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to belle16127)
Post #: 3
RE: PROBLEMS - 11/11/2008 3:15:08 PM   
belle16127

Thanks so much!!! I did everything you guys told me even upgraded my drivers (great directions) ands now everything is working GREAT again. When I opened it up again it prompted me to add my projects and my pictures again....and it just took thhem all back where they were before. Thanks so much I will remember to come here with any other issues.

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 4
RE: PROBLEMS - 11/11/2008 5:40:33 PM   
Brandy redux

You are Very Welcome belle16127,

And, Thank You Very Much for letting us know that our advice was successful.

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to belle16127)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM Export/Import >> Why Can I Not Import Any Of My Own Photos? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4