Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

unknown error occurred while accessing path/[filename].bcc

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> unknown error occurred while accessing path/[filename].bcc Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
unknown error occurred while accessing path/[filename].bcc - 12/1/2012 6:59:11 PM   
dkmaples

I get error in Calendar Creator 12 Deluxe "an unknown error occurred while accessing [filename]". The last time I had this file open, I added a picture to an event and when I tried to exit, the file save failed. I opened it back up with no problem. Upon subsequent tries to open it, I get the above error. The calendar data file seems to have become corrupt. Please assist with recovering it. If I could open the file and remove the last entry dated 4/28/12 when the error occurred, I believe it may resolve my problem. I am still able to open all other CC12 files and create new ones; in other words, the program still works. This file is very important to me; it has served basically as a baby book for my son.
Post #: 1
RE: unknown error occurred while accessing path/[filena... - 12/1/2012 7:30:04 PM   
DEJenc3

Hi, dkmaples,

This error may be beyond my own ability to explain, but there are a few things to do first.

I assume the .bcc file is still in the location it has always been. First, you should make a copy of the .bcc file somewhere else before attempting to do any more with it.

I'll ask if you have a backup copy of the file somewhere as one you can revert to as a last resort.

Once you've copied the file, you could try this to recreate the events:
Start a new blank calendar, and import the events from the possibly corrupt calendar into it. Just start with a basic calendar, and from the menu choose File, Import, Events. Browse for the location of your calendar file. If you get a similar error when importing, that suggests to me that the file is corrupt.

Perhaps others viewing this forum will have some better ideas.

David

(in reply to dkmaples)
Post #: 2
RE: unknown error occurred while accessing path/[filena... - 12/1/2012 7:57:09 PM   
dkmaples

Thanks so much for the suggestion. I tried it and got the following error upon attempting to import events.

Calendar Creator 12
Calendar Creator 12 has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
Close Program.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 3
RE: unknown error occurred while accessing path/[filena... - 12/1/2012 8:05:35 PM   
DEJenc3

I'm sorry to see this, since it suggests to me that the file is corrupt. I tried the same process with a valid calendar, and it worked correctly. You might try that as well, but that doesn't help with the one you want to save.

The best hope I can offer is to locate a backup of the calendar if you have one. Do you routinely make backups or copy important files to another location?

Keep the file for now in case other options are suggested.

David

(in reply to dkmaples)
Post #: 4
RE: unknown error occurred while accessing path/[filena... - 12/1/2012 8:10:54 PM   
dkmaples

Your suggestion to import events from another file into a blank, new calendar works fine. I do normally back up files, but the other copy was on a computer where the hard drive crashed.

Thanks, again, for the replies. If anyone else has any suggestions or can recommend ways to parse data from the file outside of CC12 (I doubt this), I welcome your comments.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 5
RE: unknown error occurred while accessing path/[filena... - 12/1/2012 11:14:12 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: dkmaples
... I added a picture to an event and when I tried to exit, the file save failed... The calendar data file seems to have become corrupt.

If something prevents a successful file save during the save process, the file is corrupted and is irretrievable. Only hindsight has taught me to do "save as" to avoid losing an important and large file.

It sounds like adding that picture to an event brought on the problem. Was it a very large image file, like several megapixels? I have found that I can add several pictures to several events without problems so long as I use images approximately 300x300 pixels. These images have a very small file size, but print very clearly as 1"x1" on my monthly calendar. I use a photo editor to resample the images that I import into the Art Gallery.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 12/1/2012 11:36:35 PM >

(in reply to dkmaples)
Post #: 6
RE: unknown error occurred while accessing path/[filena... - 12/8/2012 4:54:02 PM   
dkmaples

Thanks for the information. The photo file was not large; however, the calendar does have many photos in it.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 7
RE: unknown error occurred while accessing path/[filena... - 12/8/2012 6:37:31 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: dkmaples
The photo file was not large; however, the calendar does have many photos in it.

It's possible the Calendar Creator file size is approaching the maximum. 20 MB is the number from Tech Support, for these older programs. A lot of people have no problems going over 20 MB, but it's like an elevator with a max load of one ton. It'll probably work fine several times with more weight, but...

(in reply to dkmaples)
Post #: 8
RE: unknown error occurred while accessing path/[filena... - 12/9/2012 2:10:31 PM   
dkmaples

No, by that standard, it is small - less than 4.5 MB.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 9
RE: unknown error occurred while accessing path/[filena... - 12/9/2012 5:14:59 PM   
ellengard

OK, then it's probably safe to assume file size did not generate your error message. You may want to contact Tech Support:

http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/

(in reply to dkmaples)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> unknown error occurred while accessing path/[filename].bcc Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4