Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Updating the Year on 1 Page Calendars

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> Updating the Year on 1 Page Calendars Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Updating the Year on 1 Page Calendars - 12/24/2012 2:43:10 PM   
DS1441

I'm running Print Shop Deluxe version 3.0.6.

It came with several Templates of Yearly Calendars.

The Templates that work with Yearly Calendars that cover several pages, for example "2012 1 pg Note Date Yearly Calendar" allows me to update the 2012 date to a 2013 date with no problem" . It changes all the years that are not contained in text boxes, and setup all the months with the dates under the correct days of the week.

The Templates that have the 12 months contained on a single page, for example "2012 Red Simple Yearly Calendar" does not allow for updating the year.

Does anybody know how to change the date using any of the Templates with the 12 months on just 1 page? There are several of those included with Print Shop 3,0 Deluxe.

I know that the year that is contained in text boxes has to be changed manually.

Thanks in advance for any help, Dave in Hauppauge NY...
Post #: 1
RE: Updating the Year on 1 Page Calendars - 12/24/2012 5:22:21 PM   
ellengard

I will try to answer without the benefit of the program since I am visiting family, out of town. I think you delete the year calendar from the template, then add a new year calendar (button on left side bar) and select year with arrow icon.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 12/24/2012 5:24:00 PM >

(in reply to DS1441)
Post #: 2
RE: Updating the Year on 1 Page Calendars - 12/24/2012 7:21:48 PM   
DS1441

quote:

delete the year calendar from the template

Thank you for your reply, please enjoy the time with your family, my issue can wait to you return to your own computer.

I migth have had too eggnog, I'm not sure what you mean to "delete the year calendar from the template".

The template shows the arrangement of the days for the 12 months January to December for 2012. I want to show the arrangement of the days for the 12 months for 2013.

For 2012 January 1 the number 1 appears under the S for Sunday, for January 2 the number 2 appears under the M for Monday and so forth for the rest of the year.

I want to show for 2013 January 1 the number 1 to appear under the T for Tuesday, for January 2 the number 2 to appear under the W for Wednesday and so forth for the rest of the year.

Have a good holiday, regards,
Dave in Hauppauge NY...

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: Updating the Year on 1 Page Calendars - 12/24/2012 7:54:16 PM   
ellengard

quote:

I'm not sure what you mean to "delete the year calendar from the template".

Click on the calendar and hit your delete key. That removes the 2012 calendar. Click the Add Calendar button to insert a new calendar. To choose 2013, click the little right arrow to go forward to 2013, 2014, 2015, etc.

Simply put, you don't edit a year on a page calendar. You replace it with a different year on a page calendar. Delete, then add.

(in reply to DS1441)
Post #: 4
RE: Updating the Year on 1 Page Calendars - 12/25/2012 2:50:10 PM   
DS1441

Okay I understand what you suggested to do.

It works correctly for me, but only for the Yearly Calendars that have each month of the year on its own page.
An example of the template that works is "2012 Animals Polka Dot Yearly Calendar".

Again, what I haven't been able to get to work correctly is the Yearly Calendars that have the entire calendar on one (1) page.
An example of the template that does not work is "2012 Red Simple Yearly Calendar".

Like I had mentioned in a previous post these templates as well several other similar templates are included with Print Shop Deluxe 3.0.

Thanks again for your assistance,
Dave from Hauppauge, NY

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: Updating the Year on 1 Page Calendars - 12/25/2012 6:36:22 PM   
ellengard

I found this screen capture from a previous post. See the Calendar button on the left, near the bottom? If I remember correctly, after clicking it, you can choose to add a year-on-a-page calendar, and select the year e.g. 2013, 2014, 2015, etc.

Ignore the workspace- that shows adding the current MONTH calendar, not adding a chosen year calendar. It's not my screen capture. When I return home on Dec. 27, I can upload my own screen capture and show you how to get the 2013 year-on-a page calendar.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 12/25/2012 6:59:09 PM >

(in reply to DS1441)
Post #: 6
RE: Updating the Year on 1 Page Calendars - 12/25/2012 7:38:34 PM   
ellengard

I was just checking out the Print Shop and PrintMaster online user guides regarding their calendar projects. I see that PrintMaster definitely has two distinct buttons

• Add Month Calendar
  • Add Year Calendar

I think I was actually remembering PrintMaster, not Print Shop, so I apologize for the confusion. I'll double-check my Print Shop program when I get back home. If PrintShop can't produce a 2013 year-on-a-page calendar, I'll make one for you and post it here so that you can use it in your project.

(in reply to DS1441)
Post #: 7
RE: Updating the Year on 1 Page Calendars - 12/26/2012 8:38:12 AM   
DS1441

The information about

1) Selecting the calendar and Pressing the Delete Key to remove the Calendar and
2) Pressing the Add Calendar Button (Lower Left on the Screen) and
3) Selecting the Start Date Month and Year Option (Upper Left on the Screen)

Works correctly for me, but again, only on the Calendars that have the Months for the Year appearing on its own Page.

When trying to select and delete the calendars that have the 12 Months for the Year appearing all on one Page.
1) Only a small portion of the calendar gets selected and only that portion gets deleted. I can repeat this for every portion (at least 50 or more times) until I end up with an entire deleted Calendar.
2) When I press the add calendar button (Left Bottom on screen) a Calendar page showing only the month of December 2012 appears. This is not the 12 Months on 1 page.
3) Changing the Change Month (Left Top on Screen) Note: on the other type of Calendar it was called "Start Date", but is similar, but it does not change anything. Then I give up.

I'm wondering, they included several Templates that have the entire 12 months on one page with the deluxe version. You would think there has to be a simple and easy way to allow changes for future dates. Were they meant just for the Pro Version of the software and maybe that version allows changing for future dates?

Thanks again,
Dave Hauppauge, NY

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 8
RE: Updating the Year on 1 Page Calendars - 12/26/2012 9:51:19 PM   
ellengard

I'm back home now and have spent the last hour examining calendars in Print Shop 3.0, PrintMaster 5.0, and Print Shop 23.1

Print Shop 3.0:
The year-on-a-page calendars will not update to a new year. "2012 Red Simple Yearly Calendar" isn't even a true calendar i.e. is not a smart object. It only looks like a calendar because someone typed out the month names and added text boxes filled with numbers. They are just numbers, not dates that can be associated with events.

In both PrintMaster 5.0 and Print Shop 23.1 (but not Print Shop 3.0), you can tell these programs to do a year-on-a-page calendar and specify the year. I can make a 2013 calendar with these programs and export them as JPG for you. You can import the JPG into your project and add graphics on top.

Alternatively, you can find a 2013 year-on-a-page calendar on the internet and print it. Then reinsert the calendar page you just printed and print a Print Shop design on top of it.

quote:

...they included several Templates that have the entire 12 months on one page with the deluxe version. You would think there has to be a simple and easy way to allow changes for future dates.

Yes, I would think so, too. But we would be wrong.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 12/26/2012 9:52:44 PM >

(in reply to DS1441)
Post #: 9
RE: Updating the Year on 1 Page Calendars - 12/26/2012 10:58:33 PM   
ellengard

Here is style 1.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DS1441)
Post #: 10
RE: Updating the Year on 1 Page Calendars - 12/26/2012 11:00:29 PM   
ellengard

Here is style 2. I had to use GIF format for high resolution and file size under 200 kb.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DS1441)
Post #: 11
RE: Updating the Year on 1 Page Calendars - 12/27/2012 12:39:12 PM   
DS1441

Okay, thank you for all the time and effort you have put into this issue.

Yesterday I received an email from Encore Customer Support (I had been in touch with them before joining this forum, in fact they suggested coming here), any ways they offered me an upgrade to Print Shop 23.1 or my money back. I chose to try 23.1, and they said they will ship it to me in a week.

In the mean time I will definitely use the attachments you have provided.

Also I have gone as far as taken the a Yearly 2012 Calendars Templates with the One page for each month

1) Updated it to be the 2013 year
2) Copied each Month one page at a time
3) Shrunk each one to be about 2" by 2"
4) Pasted them on a blank page until I had all the 12 months on the single page.

That was very time consuming and I would need to repeat it again for 2014 and the other years to follow.

Thanks again,
Dave Hauppauge, NY...

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 12
RE: Updating the Year on 1 Page Calendars - 12/27/2012 1:57:24 PM   
ellengard

That's great that Encore is giving you PS 23.1. I think you'll like it!

One thing about that calendar you mentioned - "2012 Red Simple Yearly Calendar" - since those are just text boxes filled with numbers, you can reposition those text boxes under different month names. So where the number 1 starts on a Tuesday, for instance, you could move that text box to the January 2013 spot.

Add or delete numbers to the text boxes to co-ordinate them to the month.

(in reply to DS1441)
Post #: 13
RE: Updating the Year on 1 Page Calendars - 12/27/2012 2:54:58 PM   
DS1441

I tried what you suggested with cutting, paste, and editing the text boxes and then arranging them in correct order as needed.

That works, but that also is very time consuming and needs to be repeated every year.

Hopefully the 23.1 will handle the 12 month - 1 page calendars as calendars and not text boxes.

I know that the 3.0 can take in projects / files created by the 23.1, but can the 23.1 take in files created by 3.0 (not that I have alot of those)?

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 14
RE: Updating the Year on 1 Page Calendars - 12/27/2012 4:23:15 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: DS1441
I tried what you suggested with cutting, paste, and editing the text boxes and then arranging them in correct order as needed.
That works, but that also is very time consuming and needs to be repeated every year.

I was mostly moving the text boxes around. Took about 3 minutes to complete January 2013 to April 2013. Move a text box out of the way, drag another text box into the spot. I look for the text box where the 1 starts in the right spot. I have the handy Win 7 calendar gadget to show me what to look for, and also to let me know if I need to add or subtract numbers from the text box.

However, I would only do this every year if I didn't have programs that automatically create the calendar. Plus, there is a bit more work if the text box you need isn't there.
quote:

Hopefully the 23.1 will handle the 12 month - 1 page calendars as calendars and not text boxes.

Yes, it does. You select the year you want, et voilà, all 12 months appear on the page.

quote:

I know that the 3.0 can take in projects / files created by the 23.1, but can the 23.1 take in files created by 3.0 (not that I have alot of those)?

No, but you can design something in 3.0 and export it as JPG. That JPG can be imported into 23.1

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 12/27/2012 4:45:58 PM >

(in reply to DS1441)
Post #: 15
RE: Updating the Year on 1 Page Calendars - 12/30/2012 5:51:36 PM   
DS1441

Ok Thanks on giving me suggestions how to work with Text Box 1 Page Calendars with 3.0.

I have already gone ahead created and printed off a few of this type for the family.

Hopely I will have the 23.1 version next week and then I can play around with it.

Hape a good New Year,
Dave From Hauppauge, NY

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 16
RE: Updating the Year on 1 Page Calendars - 12/30/2012 8:34:37 PM   
ellengard

Happy 2013 to you, too, Dave!

If you like to include family photos on your calendars, you'll especially like that PS 23.1 does a great job printing high resolution photos.

If you are interested in making calendars with birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, etc., you'll really like Calendar Creator Express which comes free with PS 23.1. CCE remembers all special events that you enter, so you only have to do it once. All future years will show these events. Huge time saver!

(in reply to DS1441)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> Updating the Year on 1 Page Calendars Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4