Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Event Reminder

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> Event Reminder Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Event Reminder - 5/3/2013 6:49:38 PM   
Budcat

I have been using this Print Shop version for years. I really depend on Event Reminder but recently it has been blank at windows start up saying that there are no events. If I open the address book the Event reminder pops up with all the events. I have tried everything I can think of like opening a backup, starting it without Event Reminder and then starting it with. I went through the settings for the program to be sure "load at windows startup" is checked. I ran Auto Runs to be sure it wasn't unchecked. I usually can fix this because it has happened before, but I have been working on it for 2 hours and I am stumped.
Post #: 1
RE: Event Reminder - 5/3/2013 7:49:25 PM   
ellengard

What version are you using? 20, 21, 22, 23? What operating system do you have? WinXP, Win7?

(in reply to Budcat)
Post #: 2
RE: Event Reminder - 5/3/2013 8:11:03 PM   
ellengard

If you run msconfig and look under Startup, does the PrintShop program show a check mark?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Budcat)
Post #: 3
RE: Event Reminder - 5/4/2013 5:15:34 PM   
Budcat

I am using Vista. The version of Print Shop is 23 it is old; but for what I need it works fine. Maybe I should should invest in a new one.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 4
RE: Event Reminder - 5/4/2013 5:35:24 PM   
wawawai

quote:

The version of Print Shop is 23 it is old; but for what I need it works fine. Maybe I should should invest in a new one.

Even though there are newer versions of Print Shop, the newer versions are nothing like Print Shop 23, primarily because the newer versions are completely redesigned products. So, before you purchase a newer version, you might want to check the forums for the newer versions here

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tt.asp?forumid=275

and here

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tt.asp?forumid=247

And, you will most definitely want to note that there are several known problems with the newer versions of Print Shop.

(in reply to Budcat)
Post #: 5
RE: Event Reminder - 5/4/2013 6:30:11 PM   
ellengard

The Event Reminder is integrated with the Ultimate Mail Manager Address Book. UMM is really old, so old that there is no tech support for it. No future versions of PrintShop will have UMM, so no new PrintShop will fix your Event Reminder problem.

Please refer to post #3, re: Startup programs. PrintShop must be checked otherwise Event Reminder will NOT run at Windows Startup

< Message edited by ellengard -- 5/4/2013 6:31:56 PM >

(in reply to Budcat)
Post #: 6
RE: Event Reminder - 5/4/2013 6:37:30 PM   
ellengard

Many email programs also have calendar programs that can remind you of important events. Check your email's calendar program to see what it offers.

(in reply to Budcat)
Post #: 7
RE: Event Reminder - 5/5/2013 2:51:41 PM   
Budcat

Yes I may have to do that. Yes I have been using the calender in Outlook and moving most of my events to that. Thank you for your help!
Paula

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 8
RE: Event Reminder - 5/5/2013 2:58:07 PM   
Budcat

Oh yes I forgot to say I did check the startup folder and it is checked.
Also I misread you last reply. So a newer version will not solve the problem; I really like that part of the program. Thanks again for the prompt help

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 9
RE: Event Reminder - 5/5/2013 4:13:46 PM   
ellengard

You're welcome. It's too bad it stopped working for you. I am using v23.1 on Win7 and the Event Reminder does come on at start up for me. I don't know if it works on Win8.

(in reply to Budcat)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> Event Reminder Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4